PDA

View Full Version : Colin Powell makes Presidential endorsement

mostpost
10-25-2012, 11:22 AM
And it is a wise choice.
http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-politics/20121025/US.Powell.Sticking.With.Obama/

Tom
10-25-2012, 11:46 AM
He's the guy who told us all that there were WMDs in Iraq.
That speech got us into Iraq.

The fact that he later renounced the ideas only goes to show that his opinions are at best suspect.

Now he's your hero? :lol:

RaceBookJoe
10-25-2012, 12:04 PM
He's the guy who told us all that there were WMDs in Iraq.
That speech got us into Iraq.

The fact that he later renounced the ideas only goes to show that his opinions are at best suspect.

Now he's your hero? :lol:

Could you imagine if CP endorsed Romney?? He would be labeled as something that rhymed with " Bunkle Dom " :)

Valuist
10-25-2012, 12:08 PM
Here's the Detroit News endorsing Romney. Detroit, the same town that was "saved" by the auto bailout.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20121025/OPINION01/210250332/1008/opinion01/Editorial-Mitt-Romney-President

elysiantraveller
10-25-2012, 12:13 PM
Here's the Detroit News endorsing Romney. Detroit, the same town that was "saved" by the auto bailout.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20121025/OPINION01/210250332/1008/opinion01/Editorial-Mitt-Romney-President

That's a really well written piece...

It's too bad no one reads the Detroit News... :ThmbDown:

ArlJim78
10-25-2012, 12:48 PM
he's the quintessential RINO. they call him a longtime Republican, I say prove it. when has he ever spoken out on behalf of a Republican or Republican causes? why is it the only time he speaks about politics it's to support Obama?
he's another phony just like Obama. his comments about the wars and economy are laughable.

mostpost
10-25-2012, 03:10 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvHGkkiQ6tE

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tom
10-25-2012, 03:35 PM
he's the quintessential RINO. they call him a longtime Republican, I say prove it. when has he ever spoken out on behalf of a Republican or Republican causes? why is it the only time he speaks about politics it's to support Obama?
he's another phony just like Obama. his comments about the wars and economy are laughable.

He was just "passing" to get ahead - then he stabbed Bush in the back when he couldn't leech any more off from him. On is own, Powell is a nothing. Being a Yes man got him where he is today.

reckless
10-25-2012, 08:09 PM
Colin Powell is the most complete fake, phony and fraud in the history of this once great country. He has zero political credibility and this constant lifelong Republican description of him by the media is another joke, but expected.

John McCain is a war hero and consistently has been a very strong supporter of the military, our veterans and even Powell himself since the Bush I years. As most GOP conservatives know all too well, McCain is a moderate and definitely no right-wing radical that Powell constantly reminds us that he abhors and wails against.

Yet, that didn't stop Powell from dissing McCain and endorsing Obama in 2008.

Mitt Romney is also more the establishment formula conservative and not a staunch Constitutional conservative. He can be best described as one of those 'Big Tent' Republicans, the variety loved by Karl Rove, Jeb Bush and yes, Colin Powell, who always preached that we needed more of in the GOP.

Yet, Powell again endorses Obama for 2012, the same Obama that promises to squash the military, surrender our sovereignty and cripple our standing in the world.

Good riddance Colin Powell who needs you.

Greyfox
10-25-2012, 08:17 PM
Powell's endorsement of Obama was more critical in 2008. His opinion carries less weight today.

lsbets
10-25-2012, 08:24 PM
I lost all respect for Powell when he kept his mouth shut about Armitage being the "leaker" and let a witch hunt go forward that sent Scooter Libby to jail. Powell knew before the investigation started that Armitage was the source, yet he chose to keep his mouth shut. The man has a severe lack of integrity.

lsbets
10-25-2012, 09:01 PM
What a laughable hatchet job of editing this thread. :ThmbDown:

PC crap.

Doesn't make sense to me. Mosty can go in thread after thread and call everyone racist who doesn't like Obama, says prominent black conservatives aren't really black, and that stays. When people speculate that Powell endorsed Obama bc of race, that gets removed. I don't get it.

What is so wrong with people questioning Powells motives that those posts need to be removed?

bigmack
10-25-2012, 09:02 PM
Shit being deleted all over the place without explaination.

Miguel is on a PC power trip. Hide those PM's, they're his.

lsbets
10-25-2012, 09:04 PM

Miguel is on a PC power trip. Hide those PM's, they're his.

I noticed that your post was deleted in the time it took me to finish mine.

Strange.

I'm sure you have your reasons mike, could you please explain?

PaceAdvantage
10-25-2012, 09:05 PM

Miguel is on a PC power trip. Hide those PM's, they're his.**** your racist bullshit. You're going to end up losing your bet whether Romney wins or not...

Your comments were deleted because they were highly inappropriate and totally irrelevant. Designed to do nothing but start another fountain of sewage in yet another thread.

PaceAdvantage
10-25-2012, 09:07 PM
I noticed that your post was deleted in the time it took me to finish mine.

Strange.

I'm sure you have your reasons mike, could you please explain?So you agree with Mack's initial posts? This is getting SOOOOOOOO tiring...

lsbets
10-25-2012, 09:09 PM
I must have missed a post. I was referring to the ones that said Powell endorsed the black guy and the responses to those.

From your reply mike I definitely missed one.

bigmack
10-25-2012, 09:09 PM
**** your racist bullshit. You're going to end up losing your bet whether Romney wins or not...

Your comments were deleted because they were highly inappropriate and totally irrelevant. Designed to do nothing but start another fountain of sewage in yet another thread.
:lol: :lol:

Don't make me laugh and don't threaten me. You're the same ignoramus that couldn't handle the word Negro. Now you lack the intellectual capacity to absorb mulatto.

What a joke.

PaceAdvantage
10-25-2012, 09:10 PM
Doesn't make sense to me. Mosty can go in thread after thread and call everyone racist who doesn't like Obama, says prominent black conservatives aren't really black, and that stays. When people speculate that Powell endorsed Obama bc of race, that gets removed. I don't get it.

What is so wrong with people questioning Powells motives that those posts need to be removed?It was the language involved. Why I need to explain this is beyond me.

PaceAdvantage
10-25-2012, 09:10 PM

Don't make me laugh and don't threaten me. You're the same ignoramus that couldn't handle the word Negro. Now you lack the intellectual capacity to absorb mulatto.

What a joke.Yeah, such an intellectual you are. Who the hell do you think you're kidding?

Hey, I have an idea. Why don't you comment again how you didn't like the shirts. That will sting... :lol: :lol: :lol:

PaceAdvantage
10-25-2012, 09:12 PM
You want to discuss a possible race angle, do it in an adult manner.

And learn how to spell ask.

PaceAdvantage
10-25-2012, 09:14 PM
See...you ****ed up yet ANOTHER thread...try as I did to stop it...you just can't help yourself BM...and that's why you're gonna lose that bet no matter what.

bigmack
It was the language involved. Why I need to explain this is beyond me.
Hey, Ignoid, I expressed my opinion that Powell's decision stemmed from color. With 96% of blacks supporting BO, that's just A FACT.
You want to discuss a possible race angle, do it in an adult manner.

And learn how to spell ask.
Buzz off. How long have I been spelling AX. I even say it person. How 'bout them apples, Mr. PC?

Let's see, my comment was - Powell made a race based decision. Mulatto's unite.

What's the problem?

lsbets
So you agree with Mack's initial posts? This is getting SOOOOOOOO tiring...

If you are referring to him saying Powell endorsed because Obama is black, it is not relevant whether I agree or not. To be honest, I would rather not believe that, I would like to believe Powell still has a shred f decency left in him, but I can understand people thinking that. McCain is the ultimate moderate, much more than the republican presidents Powell served, and he chose to endorse Obama instead. Now you have Romney, another moderate, and he endorses the failed president for reelection.

Based on the posts I read, I did not see anything that warranted half the thread being deleted. Much worse is posted here on a daily basis. If I missed something please let me know.

bigmack
10-25-2012, 09:15 PM
See...you ****ed up yet ANOTHER thread...try as I did to stop it...you just can't help yourself BM...and that's why you're gonna lose that bet no matter what.
What the fu** are you talking about? Ban me now.

PaceAdvantage
10-25-2012, 09:15 PM

What is so wrong with people questioning Powells motives that those posts need to be removed?He didn't do as you said. He dropped one word...a word designed to incite. He offered the intellectual equivalent of a stinking turd in the middle of the room.

PaceAdvantage
10-25-2012, 09:16 PM
Let's see, my comment was - Powell made a race based decision. Mulatto's unite.

What's the problem?The problem is you're a moron with too much time on his hands. When the hell do you get laid anyway?

lsbets
10-25-2012, 09:17 PM
It was the language involved. Why I need to explain this is beyond me.

I guess I didn't notice the language, what was it? You don't have to explain, but I am really baffled.

PaceAdvantage
What the fu** are you talking about? Ban me now.Oh I am being so unclear, aren't I? :lol:

bigmack
Do a search on how many times I've used mulatto. It's the correct use of the term. I'm not ashamed to use it as anybody shouldn't .

PC crap.

bigmack
10-25-2012, 09:19 PM
Oh I am being so unclear, aren't I? :lol:
Why wait, tough guy? You said the bet was stupid now you're gonna wait for the election. Pull the trigger, Mr. PC Ignoramus.

PaceAdvantage
10-25-2012, 09:20 PM
Do a search on how many times I've used mulatto. It's the correct use of the term. I'm not ashamed to use it as anybody shouldn't .

PC crap.Yeah, poor little ol' you. So RESTRICTED around here in your use of certain words...your attacks on others...your CONSTANT name calling...

You're SOOOOOOOOOOOOO censored...

Cry me a damn river why don't you?

lsbets
10-25-2012, 09:21 PM
He didn't do as you said. He dropped one word...a word designed to incite. He offered the intellectual equivalent of a stinking turd in the middle of the room.

I didn't say he presented it like that. I said I could see people thinking that for the reasons I listed.

I'm not trying to jump your shit about bm mike. I did t notice anything that merited half a thread being deleted, so I asked why. I find the bm/dahoss thing as tiring as you do. It is a guarantee that when they both enter the thread the thread goes to hell, and about 75% that either one will do it on their own these days. I just didn't, and still don't tbh, understand why half this thread disappeared.

bigmack
10-25-2012, 09:22 PM
Cry me a damn river why don't you?
Dude, you're off the range on this. i ain't cryin' nothin'

You edited posts that didn't need editing. I expressed my opinion and it had nothing to do with incitement.

The only one crying here is your lame PC ass.

PaceAdvantage
10-25-2012, 09:22 PM
I didn't say he presented it like that. I said I could see people thinking that for the reasons I listed.

I'm not trying to jump your shit about bm mike. I did t notice anything that merited half a thread being deleted, so I asked why. I find the bm/dahoss thing as tiring as you do. It is a guarantee that when they both enter the thread the thread goes to hell, and about 75% that either one will do it on their own these days. I just didn't, and still don't tbh, understand why half this thread disappeared.If you think that those posts were worthwhile in the way they were presented, then I sit here shaking my head.

PaceAdvantage
10-25-2012, 09:23 PM
You edited posts that didn't need editing.Too bad that's not your call, isn't it?

bigmack
10-25-2012, 09:23 PM
Too bad that's not your call, isn't it?

What a phucking clown

lsbets
10-25-2012, 09:24 PM
If you think that those posts were worthwhile in the way they were presented, then I sit here shaking my head.

I cannot remember anything specific about them other than the intent - Powell endorsed Obama bc he is black. Nothing jumped out at me. There has been much, much worse posted in this forum.

PaceAdvantage
10-25-2012, 09:27 PM

What a phucking clownLet everyone see what a truly vile man you are. The intellectual mannerisms of a 14-year-old

PaceAdvantage
10-25-2012, 09:28 PM
I cannot remember anything specific about them other than the intent - Powell endorsed Obama bc he is black. Nothing jumped out at me. There has been much, much worse posted in this forum.Then consider this me taking a stand. A straw that broke the camel's back.

This clown has been off the leash for FAR too long. You talk about mostpost (and I understand your feelings towards him), but bigmack is the most insulting character off-topic has ever seen, and there is NO debating that fact.

newtothegame
10-25-2012, 09:33 PM
Not to worry, something very simliliar happened to me last night at work.
Scenario.....me and another white guy (he's a flaming lib) are discussing the upcoming election. We are in the presence of two black workers (subordinates of mine who I personally have saved their jobs and they know it).
After about ten minutes of arguing policy with the other white guy, he turns and tells me the "only reason I don't like Obama is because he is black". The two black associates shake their head as in agreement. Now mind you, the only thing I menioned at any point during our discussion was about policy, Libya, Obamacare, debt, Auto bailout failure etc etc.
I just had two of my associates , who I have saved their jos, agree with the black comment.!!!!!!
Point is, blacks will vote for Obama for NO OTHER REASON then he is black. They couldnt even argue policy or implementation of Obama care yet they chose to believe the immediate pulling out of the race card.
Sorry Mike, I have to agree that Powell more then likely is voting for a "certain" reason!
Now as to what BM may or may not have said, the post are not there for me to comment on. But i do agree with the discussion that their is a definitive reason a super majority of one race is voting for obama based on one thing.

PaceAdvantage
10-25-2012, 09:35 PM
He throws the phrase "Mulatos Unite" out there as if it's another sign of his never ending, unique brand of cleverness. But it was only done to stir up more shit that he can entertain himself with tonight while he's sitting online surfing iwantasugardaddy.com or whatever dating site aligns with his particular predilections these days.

PaceAdvantage
10-25-2012, 09:37 PM
Point is, blacks will vote for Obama for NO OTHER REASON then he is black. They couldnt even argue policy or implementation of Obama care yet they chose to believe the immediate pulling out of the race card.
Sorry Mike, I have to agree that Powell more then likely is voting for a "certain" reason! And I have no problem with someone postulating that Powell or anyone else is voting for Obama because he is black, or half-black, or whatever.

It was the MANNER in which it was done that I found unacceptable.

BM may think and act like he's the biggest swinging dick in this room, but I can assure you, he is not.

He's an abrasive, offensive ass half the time. Yeah, he's funny. Yeah, he's clever. But that will only carry you so far around here.

Tom
10-25-2012, 09:39 PM
Sorry Mike, I have to agree that Powell more then likely is voting for a "certain" reason!

I don't think it as much a race thing as it is Powell is an opportunistic little weasel and he hitching his wagon to the horse he thinks will pull it farther. Romney would have no use for him, I'd wager.

bigmack
10-25-2012, 09:41 PM
It was the MANNER in which it was done that I found unacceptable.

What manner was that oh great arbiter of PC crap? Mulatto's unite?

THAT'S what you have your panties in a bind over? :lol:

And YOU live in Long Island?

I roll with piles of blacks both here and Chicago. BM is well regarded amongst his brotha's. Just because you don't know how to roll don't take it out on my black ass tryin' to express myself.

You's suppressin' me. :(

horses4courses
10-25-2012, 09:44 PM
Let everyone see what a truly vile man you are. The intellectual mannerisms of a 14-year-old

Sitting back watching the WS........but loving this!

PaceAdvantage
10-25-2012, 09:48 PM
What manner was that oh great arbiter of PC crap? Mulatto's unite?

THAT'S what you have your panties in a bind over? :lol:

And YOU live in Long Island?You fancy yourself this worldly guy who has done everything and everyone...I get it...you're above it all...and you're a shit-stirrer extraordinaire. I get that too.

You're SO above racial and ethnic shit-stirring...yet you do it all the time. Jews...Blacks...Half-Blacks...doesn't matter...if someone has a problem with it, it's THEIR problem, right BM? You're enlightened...you're just teaching us all how the world really works...after all, some of your best friends are jews, blacks, and mulattos...:rolleyes:

PaceAdvantage
10-25-2012, 09:49 PM
I roll with piles of blacks both here and Chicago. BM is well regarded amongst his brotha's. Just because you don't know how to roll don't take it out on my black ass tryin' to express myself.

You's suppressin' me. :(See man...I knew this was coming...this wasn't in your original reply, but you just had to throw it in...

You're a man of the peeps...above it all...you can do no wrong baby! Yous gots the black friends and the jew friends...

Hey, that's enough for me...sorry I stepped on your toes...go out and spread the word brutha mack!

Tell us all again how Jews control the world of finance...or how NYRA would be much better off hiring a CEO whose last name was formed (at least in part) with the name of a precious metal. Those were YOUR words, were they not, "brutha mack?"

elysiantraveller
10-25-2012, 09:50 PM
=I roll with piles of blacks both here and Chicago. BM is well regarded amongst his brotha's. Just because you don't know how to roll don't take it out on my black ass tryin' to express myself.

You's suppressin' me. :(

Seriously...?

Are you trapped in some late 90's high school?

bigmack
10-25-2012, 10:04 PM
Tell us all again how Jews control the world of finance...or how NYRA would be much better off hiring a CEO whose last name was formed (at least in part) with the name of a precious metal. Those were YOUR words, were they not, "brutha mack?"
That's right, Slim. Try and refute facts. 96% of blacks are voting for BO. Want to see CEO stats?

I live in the real world and state things the way they are, SHOCKING as they may be to Mr. PC.

Let's see now, because I use ax & mulatto I hate blacks. Because I talk about CEO's and wealth I'm anti-Semitic. Because I pimp you & cj for being Polish I hate Pollacks. (Can I say Pollack?) Because I deride Canadians, I loathe canucks. Because I use nerd, I hate nerds.

So much to stay on top of. Then, I've gone entire weekends talking in a southern accent. It's entertaining to play characters.

My little schtick is about done here. Too many stiffs.

Put that in my folder as well. "Hates stiffs." :D

Now I have this elysian stiff axin' me if I'm locked in the 90's..

What a hoot it all is.

PaceAdvantage
10-25-2012, 10:08 PM
That's right, Slim. Try and refute facts. 96% of blacks are voting for BO. Want to see CEO stats?

I live in the real world and state things the way they are, SHOCKING as they may be to Mr. PC..Yeah, and everyone with half a brain already KNOWS these statistics. You are raising the flag (and dropping the drive-by bombs) simply for YOUR entertainment. Don't bullshit me by pretending you were actually trying to EDUCATE people... :lol:

horses4courses
10-25-2012, 10:10 PM
My little schtick is about done here.

Tick, tock, tick, tock......... :cool:

Jay Trotter
10-25-2012, 10:12 PM
... Because I deride Canadians, I loathe canucks. Because I use nerd, I hate nerds....

My little schtick is about done here. Too many stiffs.I knew you were a hater! But canucks too!!!

What's the point of hanging around this joint if you disrespect the owner so much? It's a shame you're allowed to stay. I know I no longer post much do to your beating me down. It's unfortunate that decent people drift away because you're allowed to continue your "schtick"!

Sorry -- just a "drive by" not worthy of a thoughtful comment. I'll move along.

bigmack
10-25-2012, 10:15 PM
Yeah, and everyone with half a brain already KNOWS these statistics. You are raising the flag (and dropping the drive-by bombs) simply for YOUR entertainment. Don't bullshit me by pretending you were actually trying to EDUCATE people...
Haven't you been paying attention? Many people lack half a brain, both here and in general. Sometimes it's refreshing to have people say things they way they are instead of tip-toeing around issues.

So we're clear, I believe Powell made a decision based on RACE.

If you had the intellectual capacity to know that Condi Rice was NOT our first black Sec of State. Colin Powell was not our first .... BO is not our first black Pres., and on & on.

At least that's what my black brotha's tell me. THEY don't think of them as black.

A technicality, but noteworthy nonetheless. :cool:

bigmack
10-25-2012, 11:12 PM
The problem is you're a moron with too much time on his hands. When the hell do you get laid anyway?
And another thing..

You're the FIRST one to deride people for talking about post count/time on hands. Did you NOT read the PM yessaday when I said I was nursing an injury? Lotta nerve you talkin' about people and how much they post or where they spend their time.

AND the other matter is this.

What have I said, MAYBE 6 stories about schtuping & you mental defectives go BERSERK. So I dig women. BIG DEAL.

I've been in decade long, loving relationships and now I float around. So fuc**ing what? Do you goofs think it's THAT difficult for a dude to meet women and have some laughs together? I've thrown all kinds of personal stories around this joint. Thought I was in an environment where I could yap about anything but NOOOO.

Stiffs get all bent out of shape like it's beyond the realm of possibility.

Outline for me all the subjects you don't want breached so I can have another good laugh. Meanwhile, I'll keep my stories to meself.

Hey, remind me how to spell myself. :bang:

Greyfox
10-25-2012, 11:18 PM
I said I was nursing an injury?

Maybe nursing a bottle too? :D

bigmack
10-25-2012, 11:24 PM
Maybe nursing a bottle too? :D
I don't drink much but I LOVE weed. Oops, there I go aGain.

boxcar
10-25-2012, 11:32 PM

Cannabis on the brain. That explains much. :D

Boxcar

bigmack
10-25-2012, 11:41 PM
Cannabis on the brain. That explains much.

Bingo. Over here on the Left Coast it's legal. Have it delivered like a pizza.

I hadn't done it in decades but a woman got me going on it about a year ago and beats the HELL out of booze. I lean on what are called concentrates. ie Hash. :ThmbUp:

----------

Get a load of the proprietor of this joint busting balls on who's spending what amount of time here. Punk move. Truth be told, I think he's menstruating today. :p

ElKabong
10-25-2012, 11:43 PM

I'm probably going to regret commenting, but the Mullato word is one of those words that makes folks cringe. Including me. It may be in the dictionary etc, but it has a negative context. It really is offensive.

If something is offensive to a group of people, why use it freely?

Look, I'm one that enjoys reading your posts b/c I don't take things here personally (esp in the sports OT- it's a playground & nothing more to me for college football). Politics this month is intense, but it's always nice to see a lil humor from you and Dan

Having said that, I hope you discontinue using that particular word (as well as poking at the Mod). That word / phrase really is offensive to literally millions in this nation. Blue or Red.

Typical White Guy, signing out :)

Greyfox
10-25-2012, 11:48 PM
I'm probably going to regret commenting, but the Mullato word is one of those words that makes folks cringe. Including me. It may be in the dictionary etc, but it has a negative context. It really is offensive.

It's not used that often any more, but it is considered quite accurate and to whom is it offensive?

bigmack
10-25-2012, 11:52 PM
Having said that, I hope you discontinue using that particular word (as well as poking at the Mod). That word / phrase really is offensive to literally millions in this nation. Blue or Red.
I don't get how it's offensive. Is there a formula for calling a person Black?

Is it by skin tone?

JHS went off on a jag about not calling someone black if they're Jamaican. How much nuance is there?

The 'source' Wiki says mulatto has fallen out of favor. The accepted nomenclature is biracial multiracial, mixed-race, and multi-ethnic.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mulatto

See, I learned something taday. I'll stop using mulatto as others have learned not to refer to Asians as Oriental.

This thread is looking up as I LOVE learning new things & phraseology. :ThmbUp:

mostpost
10-25-2012, 11:58 PM
96% of blacks voted for Obama in 2008 solely because he is black. I can prove it.
In 2004 88% of blacks voted for the black guy John Kerry.
In 2000 90% of blacks voted for the black guy Al Gore.
In 1996 84% of blacks voted for the black guy Bill Clinton.
In 1992 83% of blacks voted for the black guy Bill Clinton.
In 1988 89% of blacks voted for the black guy Michael Dukakis.
In 1984 90% of blacks voted for the black guy Walter Mondale.

Oh, wait a minute. Those aren't black guys. How can that be? How did they get 83 to 90 percent of the black vote? Maybe those blacks are voting based on policy.

Greyfox
10-25-2012, 11:58 PM
The accepted nomenclature is biracial multiracial, mixed-race, and multi-ethnic.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mulatto

Yes. We live in the age of "Political Correctness" and "Evolving Political Correctness."

Perhaps that is why so few authors can ever attain the status of Mark Twain, who was able to capture dialogue as it was, without offending anyone.

Greyfox
10-26-2012, 12:00 AM
Oh, wait a minute. Those aren't black guys. How can that be? How did they get 83 to 90 percent of the black vote? Maybe those blacks are voting based on policy.

Mostie - can you also tell us what percentage of blacks vote?

boxcar
10-26-2012, 12:00 AM
Bingo. Over here on the Left Coast it's legal. Have it delivered like a pizza.

I hadn't done it in decades but a woman got me going on it about a year ago and beats the HELL out of booze. I lean on what are called concentrates. ie Hash. :ThmbUp:

----------

Get a load of the proprietor of this joint busting balls on who's spending what amount of time here. Punk move. Truth be told, I think he's menstruating today. :p

Have you considered using a new handle to celebrate your err...rebirth into the primeval plant life? Smokey the Bear has a nice ring to it. Or how 'bout Ping Bong? :D

And if the boss really was concerned about the amount of time people spend in his joint, he could set up office hours. Maybe become a 9-5 kinda guy. Or even become more limiting by setting up a happy hour from 4-7 or whatever.

Boxcar

ElKabong
10-26-2012, 12:02 AM
It's not used that often any more, but it is considered quite accurate and to whom is it offensive?

Offensive to people that are of mixed race, black / white... Offensive to people that don't like to hear derogatory terms, also

20 yrs ago a lady that lived with me had 2 daughters. The oldest daughter's best friend, was a girl that was 1/2 black & white. When we (ladyfriend and me) sat in the stands at her daugher's volleyball and basketball games we'd hear that word describing her best friend. Sometimes in less than a nice tone, sometimes in a normal tone.

Thing is, that poor kid (daughter's best friend) heard it so many times in so many ways, you might as well as called her the N word. It had that kind of affect on her.

I don't understand why people don't get this much....If a class / race/ sect of people are offended by a word or nomenclature, then why throw it out? It makes one seem like they're stuck in the 60s, like when we called gays queers and thought nothing of it. Most of us have moved beyond thinking it's cool to call others names if it's insulting to them. Some, haven't.

I doubt Mack has a racist bone in his body, but that word does have negative connotations.

newtothegame
10-26-2012, 12:02 AM
96% of blacks voted for Obama in 2008 solely because he is black. I can prove it.

Oh, wait a minute. Those aren't black guys. How can that be? How did they get 83 to 90 percent of the black vote? Maybe those blacks are voting based on a "D" being in front of their name for political affiliation.

FTFY

bigmack
10-26-2012, 12:03 AM
80's for Clinton? He's as black as me as I've often heard people say - Mackoid, you like a brotha.

Clinton & I EVOKE blackness. :ThmbUp:

newtothegame
10-26-2012, 12:05 AM
Sorry Elk, I have to agree with Grey here. You know I live in some of the deepest parts of the South. And I have heard Mullato used many times to describe someone of multinational background.
I personally have never thought or heard the term described as being "offensive".
N words yes, without a doubt. Mullato, not so much at least here in South east of new orleans.
Just my two cents!

ElKabong
. Or how 'bout Ping Bong? :D

Boxcar

hey, hey hey!!! You're encroaching on my territory here ! :lol:

boxcar
Mostie - can you also tell us what percentage of blacks vote?

Better yet: Can he tell us what percentage of blacks vote strictly because of party affiliation? Oh, wait...he did that but confused them for being informed voters. :D

Boxcar

Greyfox
10-26-2012, 12:07 AM
Better yet: Can he tell us what percentage of blacks vote strictly because of party affiliation? Oh, wait...he did that but confused them for being informed voters. :D

Boxcar

I found my answer.

By my calculations about 26% of the Black population voted in the last Presidential Election.

bigmack
10-26-2012, 12:09 AM
I don't understand why people don't get this much....If a class / race/ sect of people are offended by a word or nomenclature, then why throw it out? It makes one seem like they're stuck in the 60s, like when we called gays queers and thought nothing of it. Most of us have moved beyond thinking it's cool to call others names if it's insulting to them. Some, haven't.

I doubt Mack has a racist bone in his body, but that word does have negative connotations.
I DO appreciate you recognizing I have no hate for any ethnic group. My schtick is more pushing the envelope based on sometimes/sometimes NOT, entertaining stereotypes. Hell, it works for Rickels!

On the other issue, I can't think of the last time I used, {what we'll now call the M word} but I don't recall it making much of an impression with the people and it was in a racially mixed company.

I CERTAINLY don't think it moves into Cher Half-Bred territory. BUT it's just a silly word. If people like yourself (& I enjoy your posting as well :ThmbUp: ) are offended by it, well, the dude abides.

ElKabong
10-26-2012, 12:13 AM
Sorry Elk, I have to agree with Grey here. You know I live in some of the deepest parts of the South. And I have heard Mullato used many times to describe someone of multinational background.
I personally have never thought or heard the term described as being "offensive".
N words yes, without a doubt. Mullato, not so much at least here in South east of new orleans.
Just my two cents!

Qquestion> Would you say that word to people you knew were offended by it? Knowing you only as a poster here, you seem like as a respectable sort as there is....I doubt you'd intentionally insult anyone b/c of race, religion, etc. It doesn't seem to be a part of your make up

My personal experience, a girl that was of mixed race was ashamed to be called that. Deeper story there for her, not going into detail....but again, if people of mixed race DO take exception to that word, why use it? No one uses it anymore, like Mack says.

bigmack
10-26-2012, 12:18 AM
Have you considered using a new handle to celebrate your err...rebirth into the primeval plant life? Smokey the Bear has a nice ring to it. Or how 'bout Ping Bong? :D

And if the boss really was concerned about the amount of time people spend in his joint, he could set up office hours. Maybe become a 9-5 kinda guy. Or even become more limiting by setting up a happy hour from 4-7 or whatever.

Ping Bong, I like it. I know it's not a subject geriatrics talk about much and I had NO IDEA I would enjoy it, but it's different than it was back when. Now, just a little dab'll do ya, and it's like 20 year old Scotch. Cheaper, no problem driving, and the laughs are a riot.

------------------

With Miguel getting all Nazi-like lately maybe we should pass a petition to Unionize this joint. We got RIGHTS.

Besides, if it wasn't for an insulting prick like me, he'd be sitting with a broken computer & a thumb up his ass, without me bringing HitmanPro. (Among many gems of my offering.) :p

Greyfox
10-26-2012, 12:19 AM
Qquestion>
My personal experience, a girl that was of mixed race was ashamed to be called that. .

Interesting. The girl was ashamed to be called mulatto but could accept being of mixed race.

Yes. Did you know that Eskimos don't like to be called Eskimos anymore?
Inuit :ThmbUp: Eskimo :ThmbDown:
Society is shaping our language, whether we like it or not.

LottaKash
10-26-2012, 12:21 AM
Offensive to people that are of mixed race, black / white... Offensive to people that don't like to hear derogatory terms, also

Well then, if anyone is truly part white and part black, then what should we call them when the subject comes up ?

He/She is a "black-white" ?

CP is a "black-white" then....

Perhaps describing a person as a "BW" would not be so offensive...

OK then, CP is a BW..

Why is the world becoming so offended by so many things these days...?...Dang, Mulatto is in the dictionary....Why would a person who was conceived by one white parent and one black parent, object to being described by the accepted and correct usage of the word mulatto..?

mostpost
10-26-2012, 12:22 AM
Qquestion> Would you say that word to people you knew were offended by it? Knowing you only as a poster here, you seem like as a respectable sort as there is....I doubt you'd intentionally insult anyone b/c of race, religion, etc. It doesn't seem to be a part of your make up

My personal experience, a girl that was of mixed race was ashamed to be called that. Deeper story there for her, not going into detail....but again, if people of mixed race DO take exception to that word, why use it? No one uses it anymore, like Mack says.
Mixed race seems like a perfectly good designation, and easy to understand. If people are offended by a term, why use it? I think you are correct here.

ElKabong
10-26-2012, 12:23 AM
Interesting. The girl was ashamed to be called mulatto but could accept being of mixed race.

(a) the above comment is as far from being on target as one can get.
(b) It's not worth my time arguing.

have a real good day

ElKabong
10-26-2012, 12:25 AM
Well then, if anyone is truly part white and part black, then what should we call them when the subject comes up ?

Their first name, maybe?

johnhannibalsmith
10-26-2012, 12:31 AM
... Maybe those blacks are voting based on policy.

If they had been voting in those numbers against a black candidate or voting in those numbers against more than one party, I think I'd take your point a bit more seriously.

I think it would be fairly silly to pretend as though blacks didn't vote en masse for Obama because of race, but I don't blame them one bit. Many whites voted for him for the same reason and it would be equally silly to pretend otherwise.

In 2008, we were only about half a decade removed from the end of segregation and the Civil Rights Acts, following centuries of the obvious and the indefensible. Considering most people vote with no clear picture of anything, a principled stance of wanting to see a black man as President is hardly the worst reason I've ever heard from people that have voted. Especially from those who had parents and grandparents that weren't even considered citizens because of their race and were able to see someone about to make history in the most important plight of their lives. It doesn't hurt that he was running against John McCain and not JFK. It's just too bad he isn't a very good President.

johnhannibalsmith
10-26-2012, 12:32 AM
Their first name, maybe?

:ThmbUp: Right on.

lsbets
10-26-2012, 12:46 AM
Their first name, maybe?

Best post in a long time around here.

LottaKash
10-26-2012, 12:49 AM
[QUOTE=Greyfox.....Inuit :ThmbUp: Eskimo :ThmbDown:
.[/QUOTE]

Then what wouldn an interracialyl conceived eskimo, being "1/2 Inuit", be called ?....a "unit"...:D

I hope that is not offensive to any "Inuits"....:eek:

bigmack
10-26-2012, 12:59 AM
Well, it was a clever line on Elka's part and I certainly see where ls & jhs are coming from, here's his post.

He/She is a "black-white" ?
CP is a "black-white" then....
Perhaps describing a person as a "BW" would not be so offensive...
OK then, CP is a BW..

Why is the world becoming so offended by so many things these days...?...Dang, Mulatto is in the dictionary....Why would a person who was conceived by one white parent and one black parent, object to being described by the accepted and correct usage of the word mulatto..?

He was OBVIOUSLY talking about it in terms of race, NOT their name. Like some black friends of mine when they hear BO is our first black pres. They say, No he isn't. I'm Black. People ARE aware some blacks don't consider BO black, right? Or do I have to find the multiple youtubes of people like JJ & others saying things to that effect?

So, with all due respect to the CAVALCADE of PC'in, let's try and groove on the big picture. If mulatto is no longer accepted, so be it.

I just WISH I took the opportunity to thoroughly chastise jhs for using Oriental. Or no, that doesn't rise to this level?

johnhannibalsmith
10-26-2012, 01:08 AM
..He was OBVIOUSLY talking about it in terms of race, NOT their name. ...

Yes, but it was indeed a hell of a quip, even out of context, and sort of gets right to the point. I ranted about it in a previous thread - it gets to tough not to identify people in terms of things like race, when people tend to go out of their way to make great efforts at making you recognize their race. It's a bit of a catch-22 at times for us mutts that look like standard crackas.

I just WISH I took the opportunity to thoroughly chastise jhs for using Oriental. Or no, that doesn't rise to this level?

You did and I took notice. I never talk about Hawaiians anymore.

LottaKash
10-26-2012, 01:16 AM
Thruout my lifetime I have had to fill in the race block in any particular form, ie; the Army.....

If I had to fill in that blank nowadays, would the description of race as "something" be a correct designation of "race"....Cause I object to being called a "Caucasian"....

Come on people, we are who we are....God created "all" the races, for his pleasure....The variety of life, if you will....

For all you "thin skinned" and "insecure" ones out there, c'mon grow a pair and accept who you are, "A Child of God" period....

bigmack
10-26-2012, 01:17 AM
Yes, but it was indeed a hell of a quip, even out of context, and sort of gets right to the point. I ranted about it in a previous thread - it gets to tough not to identify people in terms of things like race, when people tend to go out of their way to make great efforts at making you recognize their race. It's a bit of a catch-22 at times for us mutts that look like standard crackas.

You did and I took notice. I never talk about Hawaiians anymore.
Get it, Mostie? Asian/Hawaiians - :lol:
------------
Thing is about the whole dealio is even in your recent post about the strides made by the first black pres.... We've never stopped to define black. To some extent, that's what I was talking about with PA not being able to even explore the notion. Is it the dominant gene, and then you check the appropriate box on G-Forms? I mean people of full mixed race are equally one and the other. You CAN understand the point of confusion for some?

JustRalph
10-26-2012, 01:24 AM
Meanwhile back at the ranch

Mostie and the MSNBC crew celebrating CPowell's endorsement when five years ago he was a no good lying bastard of a war criminal.

Funny how that works........considering breaking out the D word.......

johnhannibalsmith
10-26-2012, 01:27 AM
...You CAN understand the point of confusion for some?

I don't understand much of anything on this subject. I have my opinions and I have my habits. There doesn't seem to be a rulebook to consult when playing the game with others, so it's either house rules or common sense.

bigmack
10-26-2012, 01:38 AM
I don't understand much of anything on this subject. I have my opinions and I have my habits. There doesn't seem to be a rulebook to consult when playing the game with others, so it's either house rules or common sense.
Cool. Howsbout we call Morgan here, the house?

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n537/themackster1/MorganFreeman-ObamaIsnrsquotAmericarsquosFirstBlackPresident-Mediaite.png

See how much we've learned today? I'll kibosh the M woid & you HAVE to stop saying BO is our foist black el Presidente.

House rules. :D

PaceAdvantage
10-26-2012, 01:42 AM
The 'source' Wiki says mulatto has fallen out of favor. The accepted nomenclature is biracial multiracial, mixed-race, and multi-ethnic.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MulattoOh, it said more than that:

"Although still in use by some, the term mulatto has fallen out of favor, and is considered offensive in the United States."

But I know, you're used to rolling with a much more enlightened crew. :rolleyes:

bigmack
10-26-2012, 01:45 AM
Oh, it said more than that:

"Although still in use by some, the term mulatto has fallen out of favor, and is considered offensive in the United States."
But I know, you're used to rolling with a much more enlightened crew.
Well you're right about the crew thang (can I use thang, PLEASE? :D ) and lookie there, even you're learning something. You chopped the bejesus out of a fairly innocuous thread with your knee-jerk ASSUMPTIONS and now they're validated via Wiki.

THAT IS - In the US. Can the Canadian members use it? :ThmbUp:

johnhannibalsmith
10-26-2012, 01:45 AM
When does Morgan Freeman have time to do interviews considering he's in every movie ever made? He's the (I assume) black Michael Caine.

PaceAdvantage
10-26-2012, 01:47 AM
You're the FIRST one to deride people for talking about post count/time on hands. Did you NOT read the PM yessaday when I said I was nursing an injury? Lotta nerve you talkin' about people and how much they post or where they spend their time.You're damn straight I do. In case you hadn't noticed, I like it when people post here.

But you're our resident self-described Lothario, so I was just curious how you divvy up your day... :lol:

I'm posting on here at all hours of the day and night...I'll freely admit I have no life...

newtothegame
10-26-2012, 01:59 AM

Elk, I wouldnt call anyone anything KNOWING they would be offended by it. That is just foolish. My only point in this is that the term nullato, as a genearl rule, is not considered offensive. Now I am sure if i looked far and wide I could find someone that doesnt like the term or finds it offensive. And with those people I would appologize and do my best not to make the same mistake again.
But, I also have to say that in this world, people use the term offensive and racist and political correctness way to often when they do not wish orcan not argue facts. Now, I am not saying this is your case or your experiences....
I am just saying that for pmsnbc and other media outlets to make claims that the reason someone is not voting for Obama is because he is black is totally absurd. these people do not wish to talk about his record and that's why they make these absurd claims. It puts the opposition on the defensive.
me personally, last night when it happened to me, I just chuckled to myself and knew that I had won the discussion for them to resort to that tactic!

newtothegame
10-26-2012, 02:14 AM
I stand corrected as pointed out by Wiki....:bang:
If it is considered an offensive word, I sure as hell didnt know it. My apologies.
My question is this though, if i see and hear it randomly used and no one has been offended that I see, who is it that finds this offensive according to Wiki????
Isn't wiki a site that can be changed at a persons whim???
Funny wiki has it as offensive yet Merriams websters doesnt.....

1: the first-generation offspring of a black person and a white person
2: a person of mixed white and black ancestry

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/mulatto

Considering I have been taught that wiki is not a reliable source I will choose Merriam-Webster as a reliable source.
But, I will also acknowledge Mike sets the rules here and as a member of this site will act accordingly if I wish to remain one!

bigmack
10-26-2012, 02:14 AM
When does Morgan Freeman have time to do interviews considering he's in every movie ever made? He's the (I assume) black Michael Caine.
Thing about Morgo rolling out the mixed-race vibe, it takes the pressure off a jive ass honkey like me. Instant VALaDation. Bing. :ThmbUp:
-----
FreeMan's body of work is minuscule next to a Caine or GHackMan. (make a mental note to re-visit The French Connection)

Sawr a film recently, The Trip. In this clip, a convo not unlike one of meown as I do a VARIETY of impressions. Quite well, I might add. A beautiful Sammy D singing Candyman (it's not about candy) Currently, I'm doing a sublime, HEAVILY jacked-up Mark Levin. Starts with, THAT'S RIGHT, MR. PRODUCER and develops from there. Topnotch stuff. :rolleyes:

_8GKvVwjA_o

bigmack
10-26-2012, 03:30 AM
You're damn straight I do. In case you hadn't noticed, I like it when people post here.
But you're our resident self-described Lothario, so I was just curious how you divvy up your day... :lol:
I'm posting on here at all hours of the day and night...I'll freely admit I have no life...
What is with this Lothario bizness?

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n537/themackster1/90222.png

Selfishly? Irresponsibly? Give me a Bareak. It's selflessly and responsibly.

Piles of woman achin' to kick up their heals after whatever it is that they've done in life.

I'm providing a SERVICE out here, Bub. I ain't doin' this for me. It's for them. I work from the heart. :rolleyes:

I do two things semi-profssionally. Driving ( as I'm an excellent driver ) and schtupping. Not garden variety material. Again, semi-professional :D
---------------------------

Regarding this 'life' you're referring to... It's incredible how much I can get done during the course of a day without 'a life' I know you trade and ride waves of index movements so that puts in a pile of computer time. I've got a couple things going on BOTH done entirely via computer. I've got screens all over the joint, I'm CONSTANTLY multi-tasking and doing all sorts of interesting things. I have things delivered. :cool: I order PILES of things on Amazon. I go shopping every now and again with chicks and wonder why I'm doing that.

So yeah, I guess some people call it 'not having a life' but I sure enjoy all the shit I can do right here oftentimes. After all, it's the entire world, nerd that I is.

HoofedInTheChest
10-26-2012, 04:19 AM
I'm providing a SERVICE out here, Bub. I ain't doin' this for me. It's for them. I work from the heart. :rolleyes:

Fred Garvin ........ Male Prostitute.

Jay Trotter
10-26-2012, 08:11 AM
You're services are no longer required.

As one of your hero's likes to say.......

http://www.justgq.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/donald-trump-youre-fired.jpg

Tom
10-26-2012, 08:34 AM

And we have been against all those guys, so now, we are agianst Obama and suddenly we are racists?

rastajenk
10-26-2012, 08:47 AM
Seems like mostie painted himself into a corner with that one.

If those stats are accurate, isn't it surprising that the real first black President, Clinton, got the lowest %age of Af-Am votes? Or that both Bushes picked up some votes from the demographic in their reelection tries?

ArlJim78
10-26-2012, 09:57 AM
Last time I checked into it blacks voted for the democrat to a higher degree than democrats as a whole did. I find it odd that a race would be as much or more partisan than an actual political party.

HUSKER55
10-26-2012, 09:59 AM
HOLD ON!!!!!!

THE SPIN IS A'CUMMIN! :D

MONEY
10-26-2012, 10:24 AM

If you had the intellectual capacity to know that Condi Rice was NOT our first black Sec of State. Colin Powell was not our first .... BO is not our first black Pres., and on & on.

At least that's what my black brotha's tell me. THEY don't think of them as black.

A technicality, but noteworthy nonetheless. :cool:

So which is it.

cj's dad
10-26-2012, 12:07 PM
I'll freely admit I have no life...

Need a roommate ?

mostpost
10-26-2012, 12:53 PM
And we have been against all those guys, so now, we are agianst Obama and suddenly we are racists?

Nothing of the sort was said. How can you get something so wrong? As someone pointed out above those were all democrats. Blacks vote for democrats because they believe that democratic policies best impact their lives. I vote for democrats because I believe democratic policies best impact the lives of the most people.

I would not want to speculate why you vote for Republicans or Tea Partiers, except to say that it is weird. And self defeating.

mostpost
10-26-2012, 01:14 PM
Seems like mostie painted himself into a corner with that one.
I don't think so. See my #109.
If those stats are accurate, isn't it surprising that the real first black President, Clinton, got the lowest %age of Af-Am votes? Or that both Bushes picked up some votes from the demographic in their reelection tries?
http://www.ropercenter.uconn.edu/elections/how_groups_voted/voted_96.html#.UIrDIW_A-Sq

the link above is where I found the information. Just change the 96 to whichever election year you want and you will see the data for that election.

I think the reason for Clinton's lower percentages was Ross Perot. He received 7% of the black vote in 1992 and 4% in 1996.

Also Bush I did not pick up more black votes from 1988 to 1992. He lost votes in that demographic-11% in 88 to 10% in 1992. Of course that is something you could not know from the information I provided originally.

Tom
10-26-2012, 01:30 PM
I would not want to speculate why you vote for Republicans or Tea Partiers, except to say that it is weird. And self defeating.

Not according to the results of the last several elections.

And yes, it has been said that anyone who wants Obama out is a racist.
Ask the Tingler.

reckless
10-26-2012, 03:34 PM
When was the last time Colin Powell ever got a serious and important job that didn't come about because some powerful Republican white guy went to bat for him?

The answer: never.

Stillriledup
10-26-2012, 04:58 PM
**** your racist bullshit. You're going to end up losing your bet whether Romney wins or not...

That's BIGMACK embarrassing himself again. Mack, sleep it off pal.

ElKabong
10-26-2012, 07:33 PM

nah...we've always been racists in their eyes :)

Dahoss9698
10-26-2012, 09:06 PM
I wonder what the posts here would have been like if Powell endorsed Romney. something tells me they would just a bit different.

PaceAdvantage
10-26-2012, 09:07 PM
I wonder what the posts here would have been like if Powell endorsed Romney. something tells me they would just a bit different.Well, considering a majority of these posts (including those that were deleted) focused on race, yeah, I'd say they would have to be different, wouldn't you?

ElKabong
10-26-2012, 09:10 PM
I wonder what the posts here would have been like if Powell endorsed Romney. something tells me they would just a bit different.

Mostie would have dusted off his old reply from ~90 days ago.....

boxcar
10-26-2012, 09:10 PM
Well, considering a majority of these posts (including those that were deleted) focused on race, yeah, I'd say they would have to be different, wouldn't you?

You should be kinder to and gentler with HosseyGuy and quit tossing him such tough questions.

Boxcar

Dahoss9698
10-26-2012, 09:17 PM
Well, considering a majority of these posts (including those that were deleted) focused on race, yeah, I'd say they would have to be different, wouldn't you?
I meant more about Powell as a person. but, yeah you're right.

I just doubt he would have been called some of the things he was if it was announced he was endorsing Romney.

Would he have still been called "a nothing on his own" (apparently being a four star general is nothing) and a phony? I doubt it.

ElKabong
10-26-2012, 09:21 PM

I just doubt he would have been called some of the things he was if it was announced he was endorsing Romney.

Would he have still been called "a nothing on his own" (apparently being a four star general is nothing) and a phony? I doubt it.

Or, a Lib poster in here would make the point that he really isn't black.....you do remember that, right?

PaceAdvantage
10-26-2012, 09:25 PM

Would he have still been called "a nothing on his own" (apparently being a four star general is nothing) and a phony? I doubt it.I doubt it too.

And I will say this about Powell. I would vote for him for President over Romney (too bad he's 75-years-old). Despite his flaws (such as his support for Obama), I find his intelligence, his level-headedness, and his military experience very appealing in a potential candidate. All three of these things seem to be lacking in one way or another with Obama/Romney.

Dahoss9698
10-26-2012, 09:28 PM
Or, a Lib poster in here would make the point that he really isn't black.....you do remember that, right?
I do. And I said something to him at the time. You do remember that, right?

By the way, even though we don't see eye to eye, I thought your posts last night in this thread were spot on.

johnhannibalsmith
10-26-2012, 10:44 PM
Poor BigMack... he's probably dying to post in a half dozen threads right now, but he's fighting the urge with all his might to prove that he's not sitting home on Friday night lurking at PaceAdvantage instead of "sch'tu'ppin' some fine thang". :lol:

bigmack
10-26-2012, 11:32 PM
...y.
I was flippin' them channels 'round last night and bumped into Letterman. Truth be tall, I dug his show early on. WOW, bothersome fellow, at this point.

But anywho, he brings out MAJOR Comb Over Meister - Donald "Pucker-Up" Trump. Main reason he's on is that DL was to A. Pologize for calling him a RACIST over the $5 mil offer.

Letterman said - It's a pretty ugly thing to call someone unless you know for sure. Call me nutty, but I thought of you.

In light of how the thread shook out, how 'bout it? :kiss: :kiss:

ElKabong
10-27-2012, 12:30 AM
I do. And I said something to him at the time. You do remember that, right?

I do recall that.

PaceAdvantage
10-27-2012, 02:26 AM
I was flippin' them channels 'round last night and bumped into Letterman. Truth be tall, I dug his show early on. WOW, bothersome fellow, at this point.

But anywho, he brings out MAJOR Comb Over Meister - Donald "Pucker-Up" Trump. Main reason he's on is that DL was to A. Pologize for calling him a RACIST over the $5 mil offer.

Letterman said - It's a pretty ugly thing to call someone unless you know for sure. Call me nutty, but I thought of you.

In light of how the thread shook out, how 'bout it? :kiss: :kiss:I didn't call you racist. I said "**** your racist bullshit."

Maybe there isn't a big difference, but there is a difference.

And you have made some very questionable statements and comments in your time here. You love bringing up stereotypes. Some of your statements have been VERY cringe-worthy.

I don't know you beyond what you write here. Perhaps you're just horribly misunderstood, but it's not just me who misunderstands.

If I had called you a racist, I would apologize for it, but I don't think I did.

Am I pulling a mostpost?

PaceAdvantage
10-27-2012, 02:50 AM
And by the way, can I just add, there is NOTHING more cringe-worthy than a bunch of whites discussing what should and what should not be deemed offensive to minorities... :rolleyes:

Greyfox
10-27-2012, 10:03 AM
An interesting interview between Piers Morgan and Anne Coulter took place on this topic just this week. (Later on in the interview she also speaks about "Language Police" and labels the President as a "retard.")

h282C3ta3mg

ElKabong
10-27-2012, 06:55 PM
And by the way, can I just add, there is NOTHING more cringe-worthy than a bunch of whites discussing what should and what should not be deemed offensive to minorities... :rolleyes:

You make a good point, and I'll stop doing so after this post... In my case, I was describing how a girl reacted to a word that was used to describe her occasionally. She spent plenty of time in my house (with my girlfriend and her kids) and she would literally cry at being called mullato (by adults from time to time). To her it had a very negative connotation.

She wasn't an overly sensitive 15yo, either. Very quiet kid.

horses4courses
10-27-2012, 07:11 PM
An interesting interview between Piers Morgan and Anne Coulter took place on this topic just this week. (Later on in the interview she also speaks about "Language Police" and labels the President as a "retard.")

h282C3ta3mg

Nothing like an overrated, starchy, Brit exile who is way too fond of the sound of his own voice,
interviewing an ultra conservative like Coulter.
Little Annie, also, is very partial to airing her views within earshot of any Cons who will lap it up.
Match made in heaven.......

fast4522
10-27-2012, 07:29 PM
Colin Powell makes Presidential endorsement.

Over the hill, overrated, Bilderburg Group flunky.
I never considered this guy a real republican, just a yes man inside a administration. A smart man indeed, but not one to follow unless your under his command. I consider this man only by the content of his character that by all standards is considerable, but leftist.

PaceAdvantage
10-27-2012, 08:40 PM
You make a good point, and I'll stop doing so after this post... In my case, I was describing how a girl reacted to a word that was used to describe her occasionally. She spent plenty of time in my house (with my girlfriend and her kids) and she would literally cry at being called mullato (by adults from time to time). To her it had a very negative connotation.

She wasn't an overly sensitive 15yo, either. Very quiet kid.I of course, wasn't referring to your posts where you were relating specific instances from people that you know. I was referring to the others here who were speculating on what THEY feel should and should not be offensive...

horses4courses
10-27-2012, 08:58 PM
Nothing like an overrated, starchy, Brit exile who is way too fond of the sound of his own voice,
interviewing an ultra conservative like Coulter.
Little Annie, also, is very partial to airing her views within earshot of any Cons who will lap it up.
Match made in heaven.......

Awww.... I really think she is so much more than an ultra con......

ElKabong
10-27-2012, 09:10 PM
I of course, wasn't referring to your posts where you were relating specific instances from people that you know. I was referring to the others here who were speculating on what THEY feel should and should not be offensive...

I appreciate it, but maybe I shouldn't have jumped in. We all know folks that are of differing situations, it's not like I could speak for every mixed race kid.

Dahoss9698
10-27-2012, 09:30 PM
I appreciate it, but maybe I shouldn't have jumped in. We all know folks that are of differing situations, it's not like I could speak for every mixed race kid.
I'm actually glad you did. It's good to hear things from different perspectives IMO.