PDA

View Full Version : Sam Corkin

upthecreek
10-24-2012, 07:10 AM
Ive been reading some old PRN's and came across this guy named Sam Corkin He apparently wrote books or had systems/methods out-one was called Pace in Thoroughbred Sprints & the other Pace in the Standardbred A google search,a search of bookfinder and a search here provided no result If anyone knows anything about him or where I could possibly get the method please let me know THANKS!

Pensacola Pete
10-25-2012, 08:19 PM
Corkin was seen around Monmouth in the 70s. Rarely won. He died in 1976, and the only method I ever saw him tout involved class by computing the average purse value (i.e. purse/(w*0.6 + P*0.2 + S*0.1). That doesn't mean he didn't have other systems. There's a record of him getting a patent for a dedicated electronic calculator for the APV. I believe that Mattel ended up buying the patent from his estate to clear the way for their Horse Racing Analyzer.

Shemp Howard
10-31-2012, 09:30 PM
Sam wrote a book "The Edge of Class". If you are interested in his method, look up US Patent 4031376. It is for Sam's calculator and explains the EOC method in detail.

Fairly simple stuff/

upthecreek
11-01-2012, 07:17 AM
ok I will thanks
He did write those 2 methods I spoke about Ive Learned this from reading some old PRN'S

sam4022
03-27-2013, 11:01 AM
Pete,

Boo !!!! It's me Sam, back from the beyond as I had a back door in the SOS program that was buried with me but which was tough to reach due to the cramped grave space but I managed to wiggle my way around and......HERE I AM. By the way I've done a guest shot for The Walking Dead to be aired this Sunday.

While I was away I spoke to Secretariat, Ruffian, Man O War and even Sunny Jim who congratulated me on my decent years at Monmouth Park.

To be serious I believe you found my dad's death notice. He died in 76.

Sam4022

PaceAdvantage
03-27-2013, 08:44 PM
Glad you cleared that up Sam!

John
04-01-2013, 04:43 PM
Sam I am so happy to see you doing well.

A lot of people do not understand what you went through on 9/11 thinking that your daughter was to attend a breakfast meeting at the world trade center but unknown to you and your wife,it was moved to a mid-town location a few days earlier. MY God! What you and your wife must have went through not knowing where she was,until she finally came home.

Looking forward to reading your book on terrorism in America, "My Days in the Beast"

More later....

sam4022
05-21-2014, 09:06 PM
John,

Spoke with Max several days ago and your name came up in that we hadn't hadn't seen any posts in quite a while. Hope you doing well, please drop me a line.

Regards,
Sam