PDA

View Full Version : "They want him out of the White House more than they want to destroy Al Queda." - CM

PaceAdvantage
10-23-2012, 10:04 PM
“I think they hate Obama. They want him out of the White House more than they want to destroy Al Qaeda. Their No. 1 enemy in the world right now, on the right, is their hatred, hatred for Obama. And we can go into that about the white working class in the South and looking at these numbers we're getting the last couple days about racial hatred in many cases … this isn't about being a better president, they want to get rid of this president,’ he said.”So sayeth one Mr. Chris Matthews on MSNBC the other night.

Well, reading that rant, I can't help but think that if you replace Obama with Bush, you could easily be talking about the left from Jan. 2001 - Jan 2005, minus the white working class in the South part...

I mean, come on...how can everyone's memory be so short? Whatever "hatred" and "determination" one can justifiably identity as real for Obama, existed just as much or even more so for Bush by the left-leaners. This is undeniable fact.

Yet, the left walks around in some sort of dismay over how anyone could possibly dislike a president like this, unless of course they were racist, which they must be. :rolleyes:

How soon they forget the Bush years...

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/10/23/post-debate-msnbcs-matthews-claims-romney-supporters-fueled-by-racial-hatred/

(I posted this link from FoxNews just for my buddy Dahoss...)

boxcar
10-23-2012, 10:21 PM
So sayeth one Mr. Chris Matthews on MSNBC the other night.

Well, reading that rant, I can't help but think that if you replace Obama with Bush, you could easily be talking about the left from Jan. 2001 - Jan 2005, minus the white working class in the South part...

I mean, come on...how can everyone's memory be so short? Whatever "hatred" and "determination" one can justifiably identity as real for Obama, existed just as much or even more so for Bush by the left-leaners. This is undeniable fact.

Yet, the left walks around in some sort of dismay over how anyone could possibly dislike a president like this, unless of course they were racist, which they must be. :rolleyes:

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/10/23/post-debate-msnbcs-matthews-claims-romney-supporters-fueled-by-racial-hatred/

(I posted this link from FoxNews just for my buddy Dahoss...)

Matthews is merely preparing the rhetoric stage for when/if BO loses. But if BO loses, it won't be his fault. The MM will make certain of this. It will be stupid Americans' fault for not understanding their fearless leader. It will be the fault of all the racist Americans. Talk radio will take much of the blame, also, for spreading all their lies. The Republican Party will take a lot of heat for all their supposed lies. The Republicans will also be blamed for suppressing the vote, etc., etc. Just as BO has consistently been loathe to accept responsibility for anything the last 4 years, so too the MM will be in utter denial. Like the good Obamanots they are, they will not hold him responsible for losing the election.

I think Matthews knows in his heart of hearts that BO stands a very good chance of losing. I wouldn't be surprised to see more of this kind of rhetoric from the drive-byes.

Boxcar

ElKabong
10-23-2012, 10:26 PM
Consider the source......

Yesterdays early Spitball show, Matthews was miffed at a conservative guest for not bowing down to Matthews screaming at him ....before they broke for commercial CM fumed at the guest and said "I'm supposed to be the Globetrotters, you the Generals. I'm supposed to win by 50, that's how it works around here"

IMO The show is for entertainment only...the guy is such a loon on camera, he's too forced and emotional to take seriously

johnhannibalsmith
10-23-2012, 10:30 PM
Chris Matthews has always been a clown, but now he knows that people like me just tune in to see what kind of dumb shit he'll say today and he's become a caricature of a caricature of a caricature of a caricature of his already clown self.

Steve 'StatMan'
10-23-2012, 11:13 PM
Consider the source......

Yesterdays early Spitball show, Matthews was miffed at a conservative guest for not bowing down to Matthews screaming at him ....before they broke for commercial CM fumed at the guest and said "I'm supposed to be the Globetrotters, you the Generals. I'm supposed to win by 50, that's how it works around here"

Most Post and Chris Matthews! Thinking they are the Globetrotters when they really are the Saint Anne's 8th Grade B Team. No wonder they're both so ridiculous!

NJ Stinks
10-24-2012, 01:14 AM

Here is where I see a big difference. When Bush was president, he got us into a war for no good reason. At the same time Bush was arrogant enough to cut taxes while fighting that war and put the entire cost of the bogus war on a credit card. These are really good reasons for Dems to detest Bush and justify wanting Bush out of office.

Now let's look at why Republicans detest Obama and justify getting rid of Obama. Let's start with the stimulus. Did it work? To some extent yes. How about the auto bailout? Did it work? So far it has. Now let's go to the cardinal sin - Obamacare. Is it really possible to hate somebody because he is trying to make heathcare accessable/affordable for millions of uninsured Americans? Is it possible to hate somebody for making sure people with pre-existing conditions can afford/obtain health insurance?

Now no doubt there are other reasons for the rights distaste for Obama but the level of hate is off the charts given the supposed primary reasons. (I can understand Republicans wanting to keep their money (tax cuts) but how emotional can you get about those dollars?)

At any rate, the hate for Obama is so high that many people are holding their noses and backing a man who exchanged his convictions for a chance at the White House. Good luck with that.

johnhannibalsmith
10-24-2012, 01:18 AM
Where to start after that?

Jiminy crackhit.

johnhannibalsmith
10-24-2012, 01:21 AM
... Is it really possible to hate somebody because he is trying to make heathcare accessable/affordable for millions of uninsured Americans? Is it possible to hate somebody for making sure people with pre-existing conditions can afford/obtain health insurance?

Okay, just to get the ball rolling nowhere fast, let's start here.

Who the hell hates anyone for what you post here? If you're really hungry and I had corn for dinner last night, are you going to eat my poo just for a kernel?

NJ Stinks
10-24-2012, 01:28 AM
Okay, just to get the ball rolling nowhere fast, let's start here.

Who the hell hates anyone for what you post here? If you're really hungry and I had corn for dinner last night, are you going to eat my poo just for a kernel?

Not sure what you talking about. I was not talking about hating anyone for what they post here.

bigmack
10-24-2012, 01:40 AM
Now let's go to the cardinal sin - Obamacare. Is it really possible to hate somebody because he is trying to make heathcare accessable/affordable for millions of uninsured Americans? Is it possible to hate somebody for making sure people with pre-existing conditions can afford/obtain health insurance?
Noble. Mighty noble, but you err on that side CONTINUALLY. (Well, besides the tax&spend&tax&spend&tax&spend, mantra that you hum. aGain, look at the process by which it came into law. You WANT GobMent like THAT?

sNAP out of it. By the SIMPLICITY of COMPETE TING 'CROSS STATE LINES you'll soon see how competition is good for the marketplace. Get that pile of doodoo outta here and put that BI-Partisan lovin' Brylcreem in that there office.

Buzz off with your psychotic ramblings. Get out of the way and let the adults right this ship(t)

PaceAdvantage
10-24-2012, 01:54 AM
You wanna talk about REAL HATE?

How about all the twitters from folks threatening to riot and assassinate if Romney wins? Or are those just Republicans in disguise trying to make Dems look bad? lol

bigmack
10-24-2012, 02:01 AM
How about all the twitters from folks threatening to riot and assassinate if Romney wins?
Test the powers of that, even more powerful after BO, Patriot Act, and have the NSA flag those keywords rolling around TwitVille, join with an ISP and put them on a list. Then RachMaddow can do a show on who to look out for in American society because they's threatnin the Pres.

With MR in office? Nah. Never happen.

TJDave
10-24-2012, 02:02 AM
"I think they hate Obama"

You're not gonna vote out the first black president by dislike of him or his policies. However, if you can get folks to hate him... ;)

TJDave
10-24-2012, 02:08 AM
How about all the twitters from folks threatening to riot and assassinate if Romney wins?

I think rioting is a real possibility, though I doubt it would be done by any who twitter. Pity you can't get a bet down on that.

NJ Stinks
10-24-2012, 02:27 AM
I think rioting is a real possibility, though I doubt it would be done by any who twitter. Pity you can't get a bet down on that.

I don't see it. I believe the country is going to be thrilled this election is finally over no matter who wins.

bigmack
10-24-2012, 02:29 AM
Pity you can't get a bet down on that.
You want to 'get down' on the possibility riots occur?

You are one sick puppy. :cool:

TJDave
10-24-2012, 02:57 AM
You want to 'get down' on the possibility riots occur?

You are one sick puppy. :cool:

Puppy? Gotta be more sick than just one. I'll bet on that.

Here are some sick puppies:

http://www.whobet.com/#/all-bets/main/featured/718

rastajenk
10-24-2012, 06:41 AM
Here is where I see a big difference. When Bush was president, he got us into a war for no good reason.Is it your contention that's when the hate started?

I think Dems were going to hate on whoever the Repubs came up with to fight Clinton fatigue, but it really got ramped up on Bush after the contested election. A slight blip of post 9/11 unity, but for the most part, it began before he even took office. And the echo chambers of the newfangled internet took it to unprecedented levels.

johnhannibalsmith
10-24-2012, 10:34 AM
Not sure what you talking about. I was not talking about hating anyone for what they post here.

For WHAT YOU POSTED HERE... AS IN THE WORDS YOU USED IN YOUR POST... AS IN people hate the President because he wants to cover the pre-existing blah blah blah...

That sort of ridiculous argument is total ninny speak for people that refuse to address the real issue that people have with something. If you can't bring yourself to discuss honestly the problem that people have with a piece of legislation, then don't bring it up. Your stupid proclamation is the equivalent of those horrible pieces of legislation that do nothing good for 200 pages of text and then they attach some footnote to it that will fund one apple a month to servicemembers and when the bill rightfully gets voted down, the commercials come out the next day accusing the legislators in the "no" column as vorting against funding to feed the military.

You know jolly well and good that those that have serious objections to the ACA have them for reasons that don't include hoping that people die, so your ridiculous sentence in there is so far beyond meaningless, it is just purely pathetic. It is the height of, to use Macks favorite expression, debating dishonestly.

Tom
10-24-2012, 11:02 AM

How about all the twitters from folks threatening to riot and assassinate if Romney wins? Or are those just Republicans in disguise trying to make Dems look bad? lol

Must be the Tea Party wack-o's! :D

cj's dad
10-24-2012, 01:33 PM
So, are you now agreeing that the possibility of riots is a plausible scenario ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj's dad
If BO loses, there WILL be civil disobedience in and around major urban areas. I have been told that the Baltimore City Police dept. is in full preparation for the very real possibility.

I doubt that cities like Philadelphia, Detroit, LA, etc are not preparing in some manner for the event.

Just my opinion and certainly hope he loses but without the riots.

PA's response:

I don't doubt that law enforcement would prepare for such a scenario, as they must prepare for all types of scenarios, but I seriously, seriously doubt there would be riots if Obama loses the election.

I would be shocked beyond belief actually.

Why? Because if people were still that passionate about him, he won't lose the election in the first place.

PaceAdvantage
10-24-2012, 08:25 PM
So, are you now agreeing that the possibility of riots is a plausible scenario ?No, I'm not agreeing. Because if people are that passionate about Obama, they will vote for him and he will win.

If they are not passionate enough to vote for him, they won't be passionate enough to riot should he lose.

cj's dad
10-24-2012, 09:00 PM
No, I'm not agreeing. Because if people are that passionate about Obama, they will vote for him and he will win.

If they are not passionate enough to vote for him, they won't be passionate enough to riot should he lose.

We shall see