PDA

View Full Version : Gallup Poll > Romney is streaking

ElKabong
10-22-2012, 02:08 AM
(no Ray Stevens references, please)

No way I believe Romney is leading by 7 pts. For the past full week it's been Romney by daylight in polls taken with LVs.....Now, he even leads with the RVs.

Maybe the cellphone angle has some merit. Younger folks have less landlines, no one can poll them.

While I dig having good #s side up with RR, I can't believe it's 52-45 LV.

http://www.gallup.com/Home.aspx

LIKELY VOTERS
Romney52%
Obama45%-
7-day rolling average
-------------------------------
REGISTERED VOTERS
Romney49%
Obama46%
7-day rolling average

bigmack
10-22-2012, 02:22 AM
Clearly, the youth vote is bein' Sue Pressed. Excitement is at an all time mediocre low. At this point in '08, 78% of the youth (confused) vote was excited and definitely going to vote. Now? 58%.

Youth don't vote R. Youth need jobs.

Wanna good laugh? BO has said a hundredfold, jobs are his #1 priority. :faint:

redshift1
10-22-2012, 04:24 AM
(no Ray Stevens references, please)

No way I believe Romney is leading by 7 pts. For the past full week it's been Romney by daylight in polls taken with LVs.....Now, he even leads with the RVs.

Maybe the cellphone angle has some merit. Younger folks have less landlines, no one can poll them.

While I dig having good #s side up with RR, I can't believe it's 52-45 LV.

http://www.gallup.com/Home.aspx

LIKELY VOTERS
Romney52%
Obama45%-
7-day rolling average
-------------------------------
REGISTERED VOTERS
Romney49%
Obama46%
7-day rolling average

Here's Nate Silver's take on the most recent Gallup numbers. Briefly his position is when Gallup is statistically at variance with the aggregate of measured polls then It's reliability diminishes. As much as I understand (which may not be much) his methodology I'm very interested to see how he performs against Rasmussen on election actuals.

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/10/18/gallup-vs-the-world/

Richie
10-22-2012, 09:28 AM
the more I hear and see the youth of America, the more I hear, they are very worried about the future and getting jobs out of college. I see a big swing back to the Republican party for many

JustRalph
10-22-2012, 02:28 PM
the more I hear and see the youth of America, the more I hear, they are very worried about the future and getting jobs out of college. I see a big swing back to the Republican party for many

I have contact with many young people here in Dallas. They don't give a shit. Unless they are engaged via the LGBT community. Then they are only somewhat engaged. They also realize they live in Texas.

90 percent are completely out of the loop and I'm glad.........

sammy the sage
10-22-2012, 02:40 PM

This ACTUALLY true...and they're MORE Libertarian...Ron Paul...ie...Gary Johnson

johnhannibalsmith
10-22-2012, 02:44 PM
This ACTUALLY true...and they're MORE Libertarian...Ron Paul...ie...Gary Johnson

They think they are Libertarian... yet it seems like an awful lot of the libertarians just want legal pot, but would be all to happy if their student loans would just be forgiven. Basically, most of the "libertarians" that I run into seem to like the "liberty" part, but aren't quite as keen on the inseperable "accountability" part.