PDA

View Full Version : The new Dennis Miller TV show

trying2win
01-25-2004, 03:06 AM
--The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, on Fri. Jan. 23 was pretty funny. First, there was Jay's monologue. Then they had a skit called CELELBRITY JEOPARDY. The panelists on that skit, were actors portraying George W. Bush, Martha Stewart, Michael Jackson and his lawyer Mark Geragos.

--The actor that portrays George "Dubya", has appeared on the Tonight Show many times before. I think he's hilarious. This actor not only looks a lot like U.S. President, but has "Dubya's speech and mannerisms down pat as well.

--Now, getting on to the subject of this thread...after the CELEBRITY JEOPARDY skit was over, Dennis Miller was a guest and gave his usual witty comments on some political happenings. Along with all that, Dennis was promoting his new show that starts soon on TV. I didn't quite catch all that Dennis Miller was talking about, in reference to his new TV show. I wouldn't mind taking a look at it. So...can someone tell me the following:

1. Is Dennis Miller's show on NBC or CNBC?

2. I believe Dennis said it's on TV about 4 days a week. Don't know which days. Anybody know?

3. I also believe the first, new Dennis Miller show is on Mon. Jan. 26, but I don't have a TV guide yet for the week starting Jan. 25. Can someone enlighten me, if that is the first day of D.M.'s new TV series , and what time it's on?

4. I do know that "AHNULD"...i.e. California Governor, Arnold Schwarzenegger will be a guest on D.M.'s first new show.

5. It appears Dennis M. will be commenting on controversial topics, as well as doing interviews with various people in the news. If I'm wrong in those assumptions, can someone please correct me?

6. I wouldn't be surprised if Dennis M. adds some of own brand of witty humor to the mix. That would add a little spice to his new TV show and provide us with a few laughs, as well.

Thanks,

T2W

BillW
01-25-2004, 03:27 AM
trying2win,

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271%7C85114%7C1%7C,00.html

That's about all I could find. It ought to be great. Miller is one hell of a talent.

Bill

GameTheory
01-25-2004, 03:30 AM
It will probably be similar the old Tom Snyder and Charles Grodin shows that were on CNBC...

trying2win
01-25-2004, 03:55 AM
Bill W,

--Thanks for the great link regarding the new Dennis Miller TV show.

Game Theory,

--Thanks also, for the info.

--I wonder if Dennis Miller bumped Geraldo Rivera out of a job at CNBC?

Trying2win

trying2win
01-25-2004, 11:03 PM
--I wonder if a lot of California residents will be tuning into the premiere edition of the Dennis Miller show on Mon. Jan. 26? Will guest California Governor, Arnold S. unveil some of his austerity measures to get California's deficit under control? Whatever, I plan on watching the first episode. Should be interesting.

T2W

superfecta
01-26-2004, 11:46 PM
but that last half of roundtable discussion was painful to watch.Miller had to watch his Ps and Qs,I noticed he caught himself several times.Too bad,sometimes a well placed Fbomb says alot.Does any one remember the caption he gave on his HBO show years ago to the picture of a large black man hugging a jockey?Something about constipation?Whatever it was ,it was hillarious.

BillW
01-26-2004, 11:58 PM
Yea, I give him some time but this is not his strong environment. I think a rant once in awhile would work as an equivalent of a talkshow monolog. But he just isn't as funny listening to someone else talk (nor as on-topic).

Bill

Btw: the chimp does add a nice touch and actually does seem quite happy with her job :D