PDA

View Full Version : Dettori is leaving Godolphin

Shelby
10-21-2012, 12:19 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/horseracing/9624062/Frankie-Dettori-to-leave-Godolphin.html

I wonder if he'll ride in the states more often?

horses4courses
10-21-2012, 12:25 PM
I bet Aidan O'Brien/Coolmore hire him.

ten2oneormore
10-21-2012, 01:46 PM
Probably made it a little easier with Silvestre de Sousa .

UK View
10-21-2012, 04:14 PM
I think you will find the answer here....

Dettori's name has been one of a number linked as possibles to be named retained jockey to the increasingly-powerful Pearl Bloodstock and Qatar Racing.

Asked about speculation over a retained rider, David Redvers, racing manager to Sheikh Fahad Al Thani of Qatar, said: "I think I will be in a position to make an announcement at the end of the week."

Shelby
10-21-2012, 04:46 PM
I think you will find the answer here....

Dettori's name has been one of a number linked as possibles to be named retained jockey to the increasingly-powerful Pearl Bloodstock and Qatar Racing.

Asked about speculation over a retained rider, David Redvers, racing manager to Sheikh Fahad Al Thani of Qatar, said: "I think I will be in a position to make an announcement at the end of the week."

Wow!

precocity
10-21-2012, 04:52 PM
bad blood????? :rolleyes:

KaiserSoze
10-22-2012, 08:32 AM
Looks like Jamie Spencer and Harry Bentley are going to be offered the Qatar gig to ride as #1 and #2.
There are about 5 or more riders in the UK + Ire ahead of Spencer when it comes to choosing a jockey for a G1, so world domination may be on hold for Qatar racing for a while longer!

I'd be surprised if Frankie didnt get offered a similiar deal to what Ryan Moore had going with ballydoyle over the last cpl of years. A cpl of spares at the Breeders Cup might come up to get the ball rolling, they have always been liberal with the no. of horses they send to that meeting anyway

iceknight
03-01-2014, 11:33 AM
Came across this on a very recent CNN video. I was surprised to see horse racing based coverage on cnn.. They talk about Frankie in the middle of the video

I am adding this here as this is the only thread that I could locate with talk about Qatar and racing (and not offtopic politics :lol: )

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/sports/2014/02/25/spc-winning-post-qatar-royal-family-racing.cnn.html