PDA

View Full Version : SLEW'S FAST HORSES FOR SUN. 10/21

MeSlew
10-20-2012, 09:23 PM
Hello All! If you have been using my Slew's Fast Horses for a while now you know I love to look for race sequences as much, if not more, than winners. As I say on my website, it can focus your play, and I believe THAT is the difference between winning, and winning but losing! More on that in a moment.

For Sunday, another fairly full plate of Slew that looks like this:

Belmont - 1,2,3,4,6,7,8,9,10
Santa Anita - 1,3,4,5,6,7,8
Keeneland - 3,7
Woodbine - 6,8,10

At Santa Anita tomorrow, there is an interesting sequence of races running from the 5th and ending with the 8th. I have not looked at the PP's yet, but rest assured I will to see if any of the 3 singles are playable. But the sequence ends with Slew's top horse in the 8th - a former key horse and one that I began talking about in a post on Facebook dated 3/11/12 as well as a horses to watch post here more recently.

6-No Silent SA 8 28Sep12 6sa 2 * 4+T 55,800 | -5K / 3 (9-5)

Here is a son of Silent Name (Sunday Silence) out of the War Chant mare Two Names who has talent. He also only has one win out of 7 starts. He also has lost 6 races by a combined LESS then 3 lengths with 5 places and 1 show to go along with his 1 win. Once by a nose, twice by a neck, once by a head, once by a length, and once by a length and a 1/4. I'm looking for a little better price then his ML, and the downhill turf to make the difference.

Now to get back to my original point, race sequences. Today was a beautiful example and those of you who have been using Slew for a while know I'm big on spotting these and you may have picked up on this as well. Keeneland: 4 races, 3 singles, 3 winners. Very nice indeed. But the kicker was the back to back winners in races 7 and 8. Red flag time for me. I loved both of them, especially Kiss In The Forest, who was sent down to Keeneland for this race after one at Belmont didn't go and who ran not too far behind the new love of my life, Madame Giry, in the Smart & Fancy on 9/12 . But for today, 2 pick 3's using the all button on both ends with the two singles in the middle. At $2 that comes to $50 wagered and $453 returned. Two win bets of $20 each returned $216.00. One $20 daily double coupling the two Slew singles Bye Bye Bernie and Kiss In The Forest returned $724.00. There were two other doubles which were nominal but will be coffee at DD for a Month. Maybe two. You can add it up if you wish.

Race sequences. I love them. We just had a similar event on Friday 10/12 when Lily the Pink and Madame Giry sandwiched a $60 winner...another all button but this time in the middle...for a pick 3 worth over 2K.

I counted 68 horses on Slew's list today - less the scratches. But...all you needed were two of them to spend the rest of the day enjoying a fine cigar and some aged Scotch. Or, if you did like me, you simply shut off the TV and went out to rake some more of those endless leaves. Either choice is OK after a sequence like that.

For Sunday, I hope you find another one like today in there somewhere. I'm about the football tomorrow (except for the races mentioned above) so I'll leave it up to you. Enjoy the racing and as always...

...good luck and good 'capping!