PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker hits home run!

JustRalph
10-19-2012, 09:31 PM
http://www.wisopinion.com/index.iml?mdl=article.mdl&article=45563

Check out these incredible numbers!!!

10/19/2012

Wisconsin is now the model

By Joel Kleefisch

The column below reflects the views of the author, and these opinions are neither endorsed nor supported by WisOpinion.com.

Madison - The Department of Administration announced on Monday that the state finished the fiscal year with a surplus of $342 million. Governor Walker promptly deposited $108.7 million of that in the state's rainy day fund - the largest such deposit ever.

Do we really need to keep pointing out the obvious?

The fiscal reforms that we instituted beginning with Act 10 and continuing with the 2011-'13 budget have turned the state around so drastically that other states should now be using Wisconsin as their model on how to budget.

We turned Wisconsin around from a state that had one of the biggest per-capita deficits into a state with a healthy surplus. We turned Wisconsin into a model of fiscal responsibility. We turned Wisconsin into ... the envy of so many other states' governors and legislatures.

What a difference two years make.

Remember when we took control in January of 2011? Remember a $3.6-billion - that's with a "B" - deficit? Remember how we owed Minnesota $60 million for a reciprocity deal that we weren't paying off? Remember how we owed $200 million to the state's patient compensation fund? Those black marks on Wisconsin are gone - just bad memories.

Today the future is bright for Wisconsin. While our federal government owes some $16 trillion - nearly $60,000 for every man, woman and child in our country - Wisconsin has removed the burden of debt and deficit from the backs of our future generations.

Meanwhile, California has a deficit of $16 billion. And Illinois is much worse. After raising taxes through the roof and doing pretty much the opposite of what we did here in Wisconsin, our neighbors to the south have a deficit of nearly $44 billion - again, that's with a "B."

Over the summer, Illinois State Comptroller Judy Baar Topinka uttered this priceless quote to a reporter: "Being the chief fiscal officer in Illinois right now is like being one of your obituary writers at the newspaper, because I've only got bad news to report all the time."

Meanwhile, we just recorded a $342 million surplus - something that should have been trumpeted but only merited four paragraphs buried in the "Regional Newswatch" of the B Section in the Oct. 16 Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. Seriously? I would think that bit of news would interest a great many readers. Don't worry, though. The Journal Sentinel did run a full five paragraphs on its Website.

The Wisconsin State Journal wasn't any better, finding the story worthy of just four paragraphs from the Associated Press both in the paper and on the Website.

Not that we do what we do to receive credit. We enacted the measures that led to this great news because it was the right thing to do. Wisconsin is climbing the charts again; we're creating jobs; we're making Wisconsin a good place to do business again.

We could have raised taxes through the roof, harming Wisconsin businesses and families. We could have delayed, hoping someone else would make the tough decisions some years down the road. We could have allowed the irresponsible spending to go on. Instead, we did what we were sent here to do.

Wisconsin is now the model.

Tom
10-19-2012, 10:31 PM
In spite of the democrats, libs, union slugs........all the road blocks to success.

:ThmbUp:

Rookies
10-19-2012, 11:16 PM
And yet, Obama and Baldwin are carrying Wisconsin...

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/senate/wi/wisconsin_senate_thompson_vs_baldwin-2711.html

ElKabong
10-20-2012, 12:33 AM
And yet, Obama and Baldwin are carrying Wisconsin...

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/senate/wi/wisconsin_senate_thompson_vs_baldwin-2711.html

Dewey Defeats Truman

ElKabong
10-20-2012, 12:35 AM
Scott Walker would be my first choice as of now for R's candidate in 2016 or 2020. Walker / Ryan sounds good

HUSKER55
10-20-2012, 02:20 AM
HE HAS A proven track record which is nice.....and can be verified.
say what you will...the money is in the bank.

The biggest problem now is that the Unions have found a liberal judge and they are trying to thow out our vote.

We have to stop that.

mostpost
10-20-2012, 02:30 AM
We have an opinion piece written by a Republican whose wife is the Republican Lt. Governor and we are supposed to take it as gospel. I don't think so.

mostpost
10-20-2012, 02:39 AM
Badgercare for Wisconsin children cut 11% in 2011 and in 2012. Draconian cuts to education. Municipalities forced to cut services to the bone. But you've got a surplus. A surplus achieved on the backs of the children of Wisconsin. You should be so proud. :mad: :mad:

PaceAdvantage
10-20-2012, 03:23 AM
Mostpost...how come those of your mindset couldn't get Walker recalled in the great state of Wisconsin?

Why did that movement fail so miserably? Didn't everyone see what you saw? And if so, why not? How do you think he was able to remain governor?

Do you think the voting was tampered with? Maybe a voter ID card would have resulted in a different outcome? :lol:

JustRalph
10-20-2012, 04:35 AM
We have an opinion piece written by a Republican whose wife is the Republican Lt. Governor and we are supposed to take it as gospel. I don't think so.

Are you doubting the money didn't go in the bank? You obsfucate but never address the real issue. Which in this case is the actual money being placed in the bank. No other state can equal it.

Get over it. A Republican took control, reined in out of control unions, worked over the budget and dropped a third of a billion bucks in the bank.

The people of Wisconsin backed him twice. With this news they should be naming bridges and putting up statues of the guy.

But no, you are pissed because the writer is a Repub.........

Business as usual in MostieLand

mostpost
10-20-2012, 10:23 AM
Mostpost...how come those of your mindset couldn't get Walker recalled in the great state of Wisconsin?

Why did that movement fail so miserably? Didn't everyone see what you saw? And if so, why not? How do you think he was able to remain governor?

Do you think the voting was tampered with? Maybe a voter ID card would have resulted in a different outcome? :lol:
I was disappointed when Walker was not recalled. In listening to reporting on the recall, I heard a number of people who said that while they were very displeased with what Walker had done, they felt that recall should be reserved for someone who had broken a law or acted in a morally reprehensible manner. They thought that you should not recall a governor because you disagreed with his policies. I do not know how much this affected the election, but it is a logical theory.

wisconsin
10-20-2012, 10:26 AM
Oh no, Mostie. Draconian cuts to education? You mean mostly school librarians and reading teachers lost their jobs? Yeah, I remember when I was a kid we had reading teachers. NO WE DID NOT!

How about a teacher doing there job and telling their students:

- stop saying "dude" or "bro" every other word
- remove visible facial jewelry
- pull up their pants
- take a bath or shower

I know, I know, it's not the teachers job anymore. When I was a kid, they sent you home to clean up.

Those BagerCare cuts, the ones aimed at those who are 133% above the poverty level? There are plenty on BadgerCare recipients that claim poverty but refuse to work other than a part-time job. Get a 2nd job then.

I could go on and on, but I'll stop here.

mostpost
10-20-2012, 10:27 AM
Are you doubting the money didn't go in the bank? You obsfucate but never address the real issue. Which in this case is the actual money being placed in the bank. No other state can equal it.

Get over it. A Republican took control, reined in out of control unions, worked over the budget and dropped a third of a billion bucks in the bank.

The people of Wisconsin backed him twice. With this news they should be naming bridges and putting up statues of the guy.

But no, you are pissed because the writer is a Repub.........

Business as usual in MostieLand

I'm not pissed because the writer is a Repub..... I'm skeptical. I seem to recall that last year when Walker announced a surplus there was some controversy that he did it be changing the accounting rules. Probably did the same thing now.

bigmack
10-20-2012, 10:31 AM
I'm not pissed because the writer is a Repub..... I'm skeptical. I seem to recall that last year when Walker announced a surplus there was some controversy that he did it be changing the accounting rules. Probably did the same thing now.
You LIVE for minutia in some circumstances to wiggle & hide and ASSUME big bold things in others without a speck of checking. How odd.

How positively routine for you.

PaceAdvantage
10-20-2012, 06:02 PM
I was disappointed when Walker was not recalled. In listening to reporting on the recall, I heard a number of people who said that while they were very displeased with what Walker had done, they felt that recall should be reserved for someone who had broken a law or acted in a morally reprehensible manner. They thought that you should not recall a governor because you disagreed with his policies. I do not know how much this affected the election, but it is a logical theory.But that was the whole reason for the recall in the first place, no? Because certain people disagreed with his policies.

So why did it fail? Are you saying it was a waste of time and money trying to recall him in the first place?

PaceAdvantage
10-20-2012, 06:03 PM
You LIVE for minutia in some circumstances to wiggle & hide and ASSUME big bold things in others without a speck of checking. How odd.

How positively routine for you.Yeah, like he's the only one who does that...I'm sure we're all guilty of that...even you.

bigmack
10-22-2012, 07:04 PM
Yeah, like he's the only one who does that...I'm sure we're all guilty of that...even you.
That's where you're wrong, Buckwheat.

What's this insulation of mostie of late? Selectively being obtuse is his entire schtick. I've got what, 16,000 posts? Find one instance where I did that.

I, being the most informed person I know.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ldgxuz3GvT1qe0eclo1_r2_500.gif

PaceAdvantage
10-22-2012, 07:08 PM
That's where you're wrong, Buckwheat.

What's this insulation of mostie of late? Selectively being obtuse is his entire schtick. I've got what, 16,000 posts? Find one instance where I did that.

I, being the most informed person I know.Cut the cock and bull tale. You're as selective as any of us in who you decide to pile on for perceived transgressions around here...

bigmack
10-22-2012, 07:11 PM
Cut the cock and bull tale. You're as selective as any of us in who you decide to pile on for perceived transgressions around here...
WTF are you babbling about? Show me ONE instance of me being porpoisefully obtuse.

PaceAdvantage
10-22-2012, 07:15 PM
WTF are you babbling about? Show me ONE instance of me being porpoisefully obtuse.I couldn't have been more crystal clear in my prior response.

Your constant name calling and running roughshod over whatever little rules I have around here makes the task you have assigned me completely unnecessary.

bigmack
10-22-2012, 07:18 PM
Yeah, like he's the only one who does that...I'm sure we're all guilty of that...even you.
You're drifting. So we're clear, this post of yours is complete bullshit.

PaceAdvantage
10-22-2012, 07:23 PM
You're drifting. So we're clear, this post of yours is complete bullshit.Whatever you say...

I stand corrected. You're the most honest, most intelligent, most fair contributor around here. You go after both lefties and righties with equal aplomb. In short, you are The Dude.

bigmack
10-22-2012, 07:24 PM
Whatever you say...

I stand corrected. You're the most honest, most intelligent, most fair contributor around here. You go after both lefties and righties with equal aplomb. In short, you are The Dude.
Damn straight.

JustRalph
10-22-2012, 10:18 PM
Damn straight.

The dude abides........

ElKabong
10-22-2012, 11:14 PM
The dude abides........

JustRalph
01-25-2014, 06:26 AM
New numbers in for last year.

Up from 300 million surplus.

It's now 900 million

Unemployment down to 6.2 % in Wisconsin

Walker says he's going to give 800 million of the surplus back to the tax payers

Another home run!

jballscalls
01-25-2014, 09:31 AM

It's now 900 million

Walker says he's going to give 800 million of the surplus back to the tax payers

Another home run!

What is the best way for a surplus to help with job creation? Wisconsin is 37th in job creation and Walker promised to create 250,000 jobs and apparently is on pace for about half that number.

Would taking some of that money and putting it into job creation help? Or is it best to just give back to taxpayers and hope they create jobs on their own? Or is it a mixture?

Be curious to see how things go up there, because if he finds success the next year and a half, it lends itself as a model for the 2016 presidential election, whether it's him running or not.

HUSKER55
01-25-2014, 09:41 AM
that comes out to about $150, (from a local radio show). While I support Walker, I disagree with him this time. The unemployment could be ZERO if he would take that surplus and put EVERYONE ABLE TO WORK recycling the city dumps or invest in biofuels or even rebuild the inner city, or free wifi, (sorry-couldn't resist) :D .

(BTW-those city dumps are never going away and I wouuld not be surprised to find the worlds largest garbage dump is at the bottom of the great lakes).

It is moves like this that indicate to me that he is NOT presidential timber. A great govenor .....yes.

JustRalph
04-13-2014, 07:04 PM
Scott Walker gaining and winning applying conservative principles! :ThmbUp:

http://hotair.com/archives/2014/04/12/poll-walker-approval-hits-59-percent-leads-democratic-opponent-by-16-points/

60 percent approval

Please review this thread by Mosties for some context, this thread is two years old

http://paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90862

Hank
04-13-2014, 10:57 PM
Right.

PaceAdvantage
04-14-2014, 02:01 AM
Right.You certainly showed him.... :rolleyes:

JustRalph
04-14-2014, 02:33 PM
You certainly showed him.... :rolleyes:

Yeah, the gang can go after Walker, brag about his impending downfall, but whistle past the graveyard when he is hugely successful governing with incredible results and approval ratings.

The man deserves credit.

mostpost
04-14-2014, 02:38 PM

It's now 900 million

Another home run!
The surplus has nothing to do with Walker. 37 states experienced higher than expected revenue collections in 2013 and 2014. That was caused by an improving national economic climate.
http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/statements/2014/jan/27/state-democratic-party-wisconsin/wisconsin-democratic-party-says-state-budget-surpl/

Wisconsin ranks 37th nationally in job creation according to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinal
Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel: Wisconsin is "37th In The Nation In Private-Sector Job Growth Under Walker." As a candidate in 2010, Walker promised to create 250,000 jobs in his first term. However, entering his fourth year in office, the Journal-Sentinel labeled the state's job growth "anemic" and noted that the Governor is nearly 90,000 jobs short of his 250,000 job promise. [Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, 1/25/14]

Also according to the Journal-Sentinal;
Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel: In 2012, Wisconsin Private Sector Wages Fell 2.2%, Placing Wisconsin 44th Among All States. According to statistics from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Wisconsin private sector wages fell 2.2% in 2012. The Journal-Sentinel noted that the change ranked the state 44th out of 50, adding the "rate was double the drop in the national average":

More good news from MJS:
Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel: Wisconsin Ranks 49th In Economic Outlook. According to a June 6, 2013, Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel article, projections from the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia ranked Wisconsin 49th out of 50 states in economic outlook and the state was one of only five states with a projected economic contraction in the last six months of 2013. [Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, 5/28/13]

mostpost
04-14-2014, 02:55 PM
Just how has Walker accomplished this so called economic miracle. He's done it by disenfranchising voters. He's done it by stealing pensions from retirees. He's done it by misappropriating funds. He's done it by borrowing from the future and increasing Wisconsin's debt exponentially.
Following is a chart of Wisconsin's debt from 2007 to 2017.
[img]http://www.usgovernmentdebt.us/usgs_line.php?title=Gross%20Public%20Debt&units=b&size=l&year=2007_2017&sname=WI&bar=0&stack=1&col=c&legend=&source=a_a_a_a_a_e_g_g_g_g_g&spending0=41.50_42.14_41.22_43.12_44.27_46.29_48.0 9_49.64_51.13_52.71_54.47[img/]
You will notice that the debt remained relatively stable from 2007 to 2009. Then it went up due to the recession. It really started to climb in 2010 when Walker was elected and has continued to do so. By 2017 Wisconsin's debt is projected to be 25% greater than it was in 2010.

Just as George W. Bush did when presented with the Clinton surpluses, Walker will ignore the debt and use the surplus to buy votes.

mostpost
04-14-2014, 02:59 PM
Yeah, the gang can go after Walker, brag about his impending downfall, but whistle past the graveyard when he is hugely successful governing with incredible results and approval ratings.

The man deserves credit.
Hmmm. Rasmussen, of all people has Burke and Walker tied. It's still seven months to November.

BlueShoe
04-14-2014, 03:11 PM
Mosty and rest of the libs just cannot handle or accept the concept that when the government butts out, people's lives get better. We still get the nonsense of "starving children" "help" that the government should continue to provide, but have eliminated, and so on. :sleeping: Individual responsibility and effort, not government meddling, is what works, but the left will never get it.

Hank
04-14-2014, 03:25 PM
You certainly showed him.... :rolleyes:
A picture is worth a thousand words.
Napoleon Bonaparte ;)

Tom
04-14-2014, 03:36 PM
Just as George W. Bush did when presented with the Clinton surpluses, Walker will ignore the debt and use the surplus to buy votes.

Bush did the right thing - he returned the money to its rightful owners.
Talk about ignoring the debt - your total moron has tripled it and ignored it.
How do you look at yourself in the mirror?

JustRalph
04-14-2014, 03:43 PM
Find me a Dem/blue state with a similar Governor with 60 % approval

And similar cash in the bank?

Clocker
04-14-2014, 08:33 PM
The surplus has nothing to do with Walker.

You state as unsupported gospel that the financial status of Wisconsin has nothing to do with the governor, and you expect anything you say to be taken seriously? :D

mostpost
04-14-2014, 09:59 PM
You state as unsupported gospel that the financial status of Wisconsin has nothing to do with the governor, and you expect anything you say to be taken seriously? :D
You're right; I'm wrong. It does have something to do with Walker. Just not what you think. Tax revenues increased in Wisconsin, but they increased in 36 other states as well. Walker said Wisconsin would gain 250,000 jobs in his first term. They gained less than 90,000.

Walker cut Wisconsin's deficit by increasing Wisconsin's debt. He put the cost of paying for Wisconsin's expenses on the backs of Wisconsin's children and grandchildren. I thought you conservatives hated that, or does that only apply to Social Security?

Clocker
04-14-2014, 10:15 PM
Walker said Wisconsin would gain 250,000 jobs in his first term. They gained less than 90,000.

Walker obviously needs to take some lessons from Obama on how to make campaign promises. He should have promised 250,000 jobs created or saved.

Tom
04-14-2014, 10:59 PM
Originally Posted by mostpost
Walker said Wisconsin would gain 250,000 jobs in his first term. They gained less than 90,000.

But unlike Obummy, those were real jobs.

newtothegame
04-14-2014, 11:58 PM
But unlike Obummy, those were real jobs.
Not to worry, Obummy (as you refer to him) is trying his best to create jobs.............................................. ....................IN BELIZE......:lol:

"Feds Offer $1.5 Million Grant for Job Creation – in Belize"

" On Monday, the State Department announced a $1.5 million grant (http://www.grants.gov/view-opportunity.html?oppId=253469) opportunity for “job creations for at-risk neighborhoods” – in Belize".

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/penny-starr/feds-offer-15-million-grant-job-creation-belize

Ocala Mike
04-15-2014, 03:11 PM
Yes, so did Mark McGwire, Manny Sosa, and Barry Bonds. They cheated, and Walker used "now you see it, now you don't" bookkeeping gimmicks.

http://host.madison.com/news/local/writers/mike_ivey/under-scott-walker-wisconsin-keeps-increasing-its-long-term-borrowing/article_17c3d58a-2d3a-11e3-90fe-001a4bcf887a.html

JustRalph
11-04-2014, 10:54 PM
Congrats to Scott Walker!

Re-elected for the 3rd time in 4 years

Robert Goren
11-04-2014, 11:11 PM
Scott Walker is clearly the biggest winner in the GOP landside tonight. He now is a real contender for the GOP presidential nod, if he wants to run.
Mighty Mitch now runs the senate. Good luck with that. No more Harry to kick around anymore.

Tom
11-04-2014, 11:17 PM
WE should buy 100 cats and let them cover up that turd, Dingy Harry.
What a useless POS.

The party of NO loses the senate.
What did they expect when they did 0 work

What is the difference between democrat senators and dead people.
Nothing.

HUSKER55
11-05-2014, 04:08 AM
JMHO,

republicans have been given a chance to make change and they have 2 years to do it.

They had better produce. If they don't then 2016 is the year of ditch incumbents and go with independents.

this ain't over. it is just getting started.

Robert Goren
11-05-2014, 07:12 AM
JMHO,

republicans have been given a chance to make change and they have 2 years to do it.

They had better produce. If they don't then 2016 is the year of ditch incumbents and go with independents.

this ain't over. it is just getting started.I have heard that sentiment all my life. The elephants and the donkeys are here to stay.