PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Frank!

Brian Flewwelling
01-24-2004, 08:37 PM
Wasn't that just about the best racing we have seen in a long while. ... Sunshine Millions

Every race down to the wire except the Classic and it was being contested to the eighth pole.

Fleww

blind squirrel
01-24-2004, 08:49 PM
there's an interview with STRONACH on the ROGER STEIN SHOW.
check the archive.

JustRalph
01-24-2004, 10:14 PM
After all Stronach has done to racing in the last 12 months I don't think one day of decent racing would want me to say thanks.

I didn't play it, watch it etc.........I am still in boycott mode.

Speed Figure
01-24-2004, 10:37 PM
I don't know about the boycott, but I was at Santa Anita today and it was a great day!:p

linrom1
01-25-2004, 07:35 AM
Thanks Frank!

Tom
01-25-2004, 09:40 AM
Do not allow earnings or wins at MEC tracks to count towards eligibility in the Ky Derby. Exclusivity cuts both ways.

BillW
01-25-2004, 10:35 AM
Being in Texas, I don't even have a choice of whether to play Stronach's tracks or not, he has made that decision for me. I don't even know which races ran, or who was running in them. Didn't miss them a bit.

Bill

Tom
01-25-2004, 12:03 PM
Had Frankie as a "guest" on his show yesterday. I though I was listening to Ed Bradley interview Wacko-Jacko again!
What a PUIFF piece. I lost a lot of respect for Roger. After his so-called interview, and Steve Crist's condesending article a couple of weeks ago, I have to wonder....Do Rog and Steve put on little dresses and dance for Frankie, too?????
Really disappointing radio show.

:eek:

MarylandPaul@HSH
01-25-2004, 01:31 PM
If this doesn't tell you about the state of racing, I don't know what does...

During the broadcast, they switch us to a taped scene at the entrance to show us the celebrities that have come to enjoy the Sunshine Millions day....Joan Van Ark and Merv Griffin. While they were at it, why didn't they dig up George Burns?

brdman12
01-25-2004, 02:33 PM
I watches the sunshine millions on tv. R E O Speedwagon, cheerleaders, girls in bikinis, a paracute landing, movie stars, etc. etc.
Its what other major professional sports do.
Someone is really trying ...

Hosshead
01-26-2004, 06:19 PM
Ralph:"after all Stronach has done to racing in the last 12 months I don't think 1 day of decent racing would want me to say thanks. I didn't play it watch it etc.........I am still in boycott mode".

My feelings exactly. If Stronach wants to do something right, he should UNDUE the contemptuous acts he has used to assualt online bettors. The hate he has shown to racing fans will come back to him. At this point I feel like NEVER betting another Magna Track. And if Roger Stein is just another one of "Frankies Puppets", then I don't need to listen to his show either. And although I have great respect for Chris McCarron, I'm beginning to wonder why his integrity has not spoken to him and told him to leave. He's the only one in Magna that has (or used to have) any integrity at all !

Derek2U
01-26-2004, 07:09 PM
what diff is that gonna make 2 stronach? the best way 2 boycott
is 2 SAY excatly WHAT it is U want, but what is it that U want?
if u dont articulate, then maybe he will sell that valuble real
estate in arcadia & then what would u do?

Shacopate
01-27-2004, 03:49 AM
What I want, is to be able to bet GP and SA through my TVG account.

JustRalph
01-27-2004, 04:27 AM
Originally posted by MarylandPaul@HSH
If this doesn't tell you about the state of racing, I don't know what does...

During the broadcast, they switch us to a taped scene at the entrance to show us the celebrities that have come to enjoy the Sunshine Millions day....Joan Van Ark and Merv Griffin. While they were at it, why didn't they dig up George Burns?

Those guys go to the track anyway.................

Now standing in line behind Dick Van Patten at the Window is a pleasure you must know.............they say he is a good handicapper......$60 dollar exacta tickets if I remember right. ...he is getting up there in age.

So.Cal fill us in on the starts at Hollywood park...........

lefthandlow
01-27-2004, 03:58 PM
He's in Worc Ma doing a play.Bet he'll be at Foxwoods or Mohegan Sun.I was wondering why he would be working in WORC.Now I can tell my wife who goes to those plays.LOL