PDA

View Full Version : Book idea?

Tom
10-18-2012, 10:41 PM
You know what would be a really nice book?
Since we missed the 25th renewal, maybe for the 30th....History of the Breeder's Cup...all the PPs, charts, and some articles on each one.

I think I'll pitch the idea to both BRIS and DRF....that would be one I would grab up.

thaskalos
10-19-2012, 05:31 AM
I would love to see another book by Andy Beyer.

It's been 19 freaking years...

Ca9
10-19-2012, 07:50 AM
Mark Cramer

Robert Goren
10-19-2012, 08:03 AM
I would love to see another book by Andy Beyer.

It's been 19 freaking years... If you want a handicapping book, the reason maybe is that he has nothing new to say.

maddog42
10-19-2012, 08:08 AM
You know what would be a really nice book?
Since we missed the 25th renewal, maybe for the 30th....History of the Breeder's Cup...all the PPs, charts, and some articles on each one.

I think I'll pitch the idea to both BRIS and DRF....that would be one I would grab up.

Good idea. I would buy it if it was less than$100.

delayjf
10-24-2012, 12:33 AM
If you want a handicapping book, the reason maybe is that he has nothing new to say.

I actually ran into Beyer in the Mirage sports book about the time his last book came out, and when I asked him about another book, he pretty much admitted that he really didn't have anything new to write about. I don't know if he still feels the same way, but I always enjoyed his day to day handicapping accounts simular to his My 50,000 Dollar Year at the Races

Robert Goren
10-24-2012, 09:56 AM
I actually ran into Beyer in the Mirage sports book about the time his last book came out, and when I asked him about another book, he pretty much admitted that he really didn't have anything new to write about. I don't know if he still feels the same way, but I always enjoyed his day to day handicapping accounts simular to his My 50,000 Dollar Year at the RacesWhere can I find those?

Elliott Sidewater
10-24-2012, 09:18 PM
1. A book written by Thaskalos covering his approach to gaining an edge in horse racing and ideas and examples on how to capitalize. (this is not the first time I asked). Also, his approach to superfecta betting and on psychology -keeping a level head while playing daily for long stretches of time.

2. The Wildest, Wackiest and Most Wonderful Handicapping Ideas posted on paceadvantage.com, A Compendium ; with a foreword written by our crusty veteran, Tom.

thaskalos
10-24-2012, 10:30 PM
1. A book written by Thaskalos covering his approach to gaining an edge in horse racing and ideas and examples on how to capitalize. (this is not the first time I asked). Also, his approach to superfecta betting and on psychology -keeping a level head while playing daily for long stretches of time.

2. The Wildest, Wackiest and Most Wonderful Handicapping Ideas posted on paceadvantage.com, A Compendium ; with a foreword written by our crusty veteran, Tom.

You are too kind.

I would do it in a second if you would only agree to collaborate with me.

We pencil-and-paper dinosaurs have to stick together. :)

RaceBookJoe
10-25-2012, 11:59 AM
You are too kind.

I would do it in a second if you would only agree to collaborate with me.

We pencil-and-paper dinosaurs have to stick together. :)

There are still a few of us P&P Dinosaurs that havent gone extinct just yet :)

Red Knave
10-25-2012, 06:50 PM
... with a foreword written by our crusty veteran, Tom.

Tom got that looked after quite a while ago. He's fine now.

Oh, wait, what were you talking about?

;)