PDA

View Full Version : Playing Aqueduct

BIG49010
10-18-2012, 09:58 PM
I am thinking of taking a shot at Aqueduct, I generally take off November to recharge my batteries and then start back with Gulfstream. This year I have been doing better playing two tracks at a time, so I am considering Aqueduct along with Gulfstream.

My biggest questions are do most people group the Main Track stats with the Inner Track or figure them as two separate meetings?

Any hints to bias or general observations of drastic differences would be appreciated.

PaceAdvantage
10-19-2012, 12:24 AM
I think you have to look at them as two separate meetings. You basically have no choice.

First off, obviously they are two separate and completely different dirt surfaces, each with their own quirks and biases and physical makeup.

Second, many of your bigger outfits and jockeys ship south for the winter once the main track closes, so the dynamic of the "people game" changes almost as abruptly as the surface does.

It really is a whole different scene and a whole different vibe in almost every respect. The on-air talent remains the same though... ;)

pandy
10-19-2012, 08:18 AM
Definitely two separate meetings. Inner track is two turns, long stretch, and completely different type of surface with slow times. Aqueduct main track has the chute and a faster surface.

jorcus99
10-19-2012, 09:39 AM
The inner is different. Because there is no turf racing and the different distance of the races are very limited racing becomes very redundant. A lot of the same horses face off under the same conditions and distance during the meet. In a way races can be more predictable. With limited field sizes you often get a lot of short prices. I have had better luck getting longshots in the bottom of exactas or tris than hitting winners. It's a new year though, once you think you have it figgured out, things change.

BIG49010
10-19-2012, 11:00 AM
I'm thinking that for the next month, the outer meeting is an extension of the Belmont meeting with the trainers just continuing what they have been doing.

The surface and the turf course are similar to Belmont for the next month?

The inner meet, you could get some different barns shipping in for the winter, etc and a group of horses that like the turns and the surface.

On the right track?

arno
10-19-2012, 02:29 PM
November you see many trainers ship to GP and the Florida training tracks as GP opens Dec 1st. So even though Aqu main dirt is more similar to Bel than Aqu inner the people involved are changing.

Some trainers have already shipped to Fla.
i know Pletcher has sent a dozen to the Palm Meadows.

fmolf
10-20-2012, 11:21 AM
This year with inflated slots purses many trainers will leave some horses here for aqueduct meet.The inner usually plays towards speed and who gets the early lead.Aqueduct and Belmont are totally different many people forget that belmont is a mile and a half track only largest in the country.