PDA

View Full Version : New NYRA board

Cholly
10-18-2012, 07:01 PM
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/73668/state-now-controls-nyra-new-board-appointed

mannyberrios
10-18-2012, 09:03 PM
I just pray that everything turns out OK

ldiatone
10-18-2012, 09:12 PM
what the hell does a chef know about horses :rolleyes:

offtrack
10-18-2012, 09:34 PM
Bobby Flay should be a good choice. An owner of stakes horses, he is a true beliver in the sport of racing. Saw him most any morning at Saratoga during workouts, riding up in the golf cart from the stables. Wearing jeans, a sweater, and muck boots.

jorcus99
10-19-2012, 08:39 AM
Nice collection of 1% types. At least Bobby Flay has skin in the game. I wonder if some of these guys have ever been to a horses race other than a triple crown event or a Travers. Cuomo saves NYRA by appointing rich political donors to the board. Same old B.S. when he had a chance to do something progressive.

FantasticDan
10-19-2012, 10:24 AM
what the hell does a chef know about horses :rolleyes:And he's a goddamn home wrecker ta boot! :mad: :D

Warning: Naughty lingo:

-yI9SQepuNA

Tom
10-19-2012, 10:57 AM
Nice collection of 1% types. At least Bobby Flay has skin in the game. I wonder if some of these guys have ever been to a horses race other than a triple crown event or a Travers. Cuomo saves NYRA by appointing rich political donors to the board. Same old B.S. when he had a chance to do something progressive.

They could have hired Zenyatta Fan, but he would not put the NYRA logo on his "wife beater."

tzipi
10-21-2012, 01:18 PM
I like the choice of Flay. Owns good horses, loves the sport and is a good businessman. :ThmbUp:

thespaah
10-21-2012, 05:20 PM
As expected, Cuomo appoints of bunch of well connected people instead of those with at least some independence from Albany and some expertise in the industry.
Hopefully, this will not turn into a cluster EF.

ldiatone
10-22-2012, 11:07 AM
Bobby Flay should be a good choice. An owner of stakes horses, he is a true beliver in the sport of racing. Saw him most any morning at Saratoga during workouts, riding up in the golf cart from the stables. Wearing jeans, a sweater, and muck boots.
"riding in the golf cart"........you have no idea how funny this is :lol:
obtw.. he will do a good job. (just hope he has some good sous chefs :rolleyes: )

classhandicapper
10-22-2012, 04:39 PM
I like the choice of Flay. Owns good horses, loves the sport and is a good businessman. :ThmbUp:

I agree.

He's not just some rich dude that owns horses for fun. He's very active in research on pedigrees, handicapping etc... when buying his horses.

Hell, he may even improve the food at the track!