PDA

View Full Version : What about heart disease?

Tom
10-18-2012, 02:12 PM
It seems like every week we see someone wearing pink shoes, or ribbons, or whatever for Breast Cancer Awareness. Leads to ponder, who is NOT aware of breast cancer?

Maybe it is time to move on.....
http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-500259_162-540174.html

However, the number of women who die has increased to over 500,000 a year. Currently there are 6.4 million women living in the U.S who have been diagnosed with heart disease.

Unfortunately, Dr. Sharonne Hayes, Director of the Mayo Clinic Women's Heart Clinic says most women don't recognize heart disease as a serious concern.

DJofSD
10-18-2012, 02:26 PM
I could be wrong, I believe symptoms differ somewhat in women. They likely do not recognize the symptoms b/c they're using those common to men.

PhantomOnTour
10-18-2012, 02:43 PM
While flying to Baltimore this past May for the Preakness i met a couple from Wisconsin on the plane, and he was a breast cancer survivor.
Susan Komen Foundation has a big presence at the Preakness every year and they were going to participate in fundraising and awareness.

Robert Fischer
10-18-2012, 02:48 PM
It seems like every week we see someone wearing pink shoes, or ribbons, or whatever for Breast Cancer Awareness. Leads to ponder, who is NOT aware of breast cancer?

Maybe it is time to move on.....
http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-500259_162-540174.html

Breast Cancer is a winner.

Tom
10-18-2012, 02:48 PM
I could be wrong, I believe symptoms differ somewhat in women. They likely do not recognize the symptoms b/c they're using those common to men.

From the article.....
A woman having a heart attack may have the same classic symptoms as a man: chest pain, pain in other parts of the upper body and shortness of breath. But women are more likely than men to have subtle symptoms such as nausea, fatigue, dizziness or stomach pain.

Tom
10-18-2012, 02:49 PM
Breast Cancer is a winner.

Huh?:confused:

Robert Fischer
10-18-2012, 02:58 PM
Huh?:confused:

it's a gold mine.

Tom
10-18-2012, 03:08 PM
Ahhhhhh.

JustRalph
10-18-2012, 05:39 PM
Lung cancer is virtually ignored and it kills most

cj's dad
10-18-2012, 10:04 PM
I waited several hours before replying about this but here goes.

My mom and sister and mother-in-law are all breast cancer survivors.

Any female who is not aware of the breast cancer problem has to be living in a cave.

It's time to move on. One weekend in October should be enough. Not an entire month.

Address other issues.

Breast cancer has become a cottage industry. In my cynical mind, somehow, someway, people are making $$$$ off of this.

Just stop.

LottaKash
10-19-2012, 12:32 AM
I truly believe that, "Pink" just may be the biggest "SCAM" perpetrated on this country....And, perhaps now, the World...

Less than 15% of ALL the monies collected for Cancer researchc actually goes to Cancer research....

I wonder where the rest of it goes?.....

Look, I know that Cancer touches many lives, but the PINK PEOPLE use that as a hook to get people to do all sorts of things in the name of PINK...

More people "get" cancer and die from it, then ever.....Nothing has changed, and PINK isn't the way to get it done.....Where is that money ?...

I've had at least a dozen people that were family or close friends die from that deadly disease, but you know they just slid right down the toilet, almost immediately it seemed, after they were administered the even deadlier treatments that involve Chemo-therapy and Radiation.....Both of which actually can cause cancer....

I had lung cancer at one time....Had a lung removed, and never took the " Miracle POISONS".....Just lucky ?....Maybe....But what I do know is, that there "ARE" cures for Cancer.....And, they come via "Proper Nutrients" and "Protocols " that are banned in this country, period....

Thru the years, there have been some remarkable "cures", and I don't mean just remission, but cures....Only thing is, this country sees Chemo and Radiation as the only viable way to cure (haha)....

If you do it any other way, you are an "OUTLAW"....

Screw the PINK, I say.....Or, what would P.T. Barnum say ?

JustRalph
10-19-2012, 12:39 AM
This stuff was very popular in the hospital I worked in

It was everywhere

http://www.savethetatas.com/

thaskalos
10-19-2012, 01:14 AM
I truly believe that, "Pink" just may be the biggest "SCAM" perpetrated on this country....And, perhaps now, the World...

Less than 15% of ALL the monies collected for Cancer researchc actually goes to Cancer research....

I wonder where the rest of it goes?.....

Look, I know that Cancer touches many lives, but the PINK PEOPLE use that as a hook to get people to do all sorts of things in the name of PINK...

More people "get" cancer and die from it, then ever.....Nothing has changed, and PINK isn't the way to get it done.....Where is that money ?...

I've had at least a dozen people that were family or close friends die from that deadly disease, but you know they just slid right down the toilet, almost immediately it seemed, after they were administered the even deadlier treatments that involve Chemo-therapy and Radiation.....Both of which actually can cause cancer....

I had lung cancer at one time....Had a lung removed, and never took the " Miracle POISONS".....Just lucky ?....Maybe....But what I do know is, that there "ARE" cures for Cancer.....And, they come via "Proper Nutrients" and "Protocols " that are banned in this country, period....

Thru the years, there have been some remarkable "cures", and I don't mean just remission, but cures....Only thing is, this country sees Chemo and Radiation as the only viable way to cure (haha)....

If you do it any other way, you are an "OUTLAW"....

Screw the PINK, I say.....Or, what would P.T. Barnum say ?

The entire "War Against Cancer" is a scam.

As Linus Pauling, one of the world's most important scientists, stated..."There will never be a cure for cancer, because more people are making a living from this disease than are currently dying from it".

The unbelievable truth about the current treatment for breast cancer victims is that 75% of the oncologist who were surveyed admitted that, in the event that they themselves were afflicted with this disease, they would refuse the chemotherapy/tamoxifen treatment that they currenly prescribe for 100% of their patients.

When my own wife was afflicted with this terrible disease at the age of 34, I took her to the University of Chicago Hospital...because of all the powerful experimental drugs that this "great healing institution" supposedly possessed.

When I suggested to the oncologists there that my wife should be given the experimental drugs right from the start -- considering that she had been given the grim diagnosis of having "only a year or two to live" -- they told me that my wife was of good health otherwise...and the usual regiment of chemotherapy/temoxifen was expected to be very beneficial to her. "Let's hold off on the experimental drugs until we really need them"...the head oncologist told us.

Three years of chemotherapy and tomaxifen later...and those drugs no longer had the desired affect on this dreaded disease.

"Can we give her the experimental drugs now?"...I asked the head oncologist.

"Well"...he told me..."I don't think that this is such a good idea now. Her immune system is so severely damaged as a result of the prolonged treatments...that these experimental drugs might bring about her instant death."

So, we went there for the experimental drugs, but we only received the conventional treatment that we would have gotten anyplace else...and never got to use those experimental drugs at all.

Terrible...

PaceAdvantage
10-19-2012, 01:19 AM

As Linus Pauling, one of the world's most important scientists, stated..."There will never be a cure for cancer, because more people are making a living from this disease than are currently dying from it".

The unbelievable truth about the current treatment for breast cancer victims is that 75% of the oncologist who were surveyed admitted that, in the event that they themselves were afflicted with this disease, they would refuse the chemotherapy/tamoxifen treatment that they currenly prescribe for 100% of their patients.

When my own wife was afflicted with this terrible disease at the age of 34, I took her to the University of Chicago Hospital...because of all the powerful experimental drugs that this "great healing institution" supposedly possessed.

When I suggested to the oncologists there that my wife should be given the experimental drugs right from the start -- considering that she had been given the grim diagnosis of having "only a year or two to live" -- they told me that my wife was of good health otherwise...and the usual regiment of chemotherapy/temoxifen was expected to be very beneficial to her. "Let's hold off on the experimental drugs until we really need them"...the head oncologist told us.

Three years of chemotherapy and tomaxifen later...and those drugs no longer had the desired affect on this dreaded disease.

"Can we give her the experimental drugs now?"...I asked the head oncologist.

"Well"...he told me..."I don't think that this is such a good idea now. Her immune system is so severely damaged as a result of the prolonged treatments...that these experimental drugs might bring about her instant death."

So, we went there for the experimental drugs, but we only received the conventional treatment that we would have gotten anyplace else...and never got to use those experimental drugs at all.

Terrible...And the truth is, if the "industry" is as cynical and as conspiratorial as you and I believe it might be, those experimental drugs are nothing but useless pawns designed to give false hope as well as to make it look as though progress is being made.

LottaKash
10-19-2012, 01:36 AM

Terrible...

Gus, I am very sorry for your loss....I can surely identify and symphatize with your broken heart...

JustRalph
10-19-2012, 01:45 AM
Interesting thread. Strikes me in the heart.

I lost my dad to lung cancer 10 yrs ago.

This week I am in Houston with the wife and family. My mother in law of 25 yrs was diagnosed on Monday of this week with terminal Lung Cancer. 6 mth to a year. She has been having scans this week and has already turned down Chemo. She is a frail but vibrant woman, all of 108 lbs. she has been very brave this week and has literally been propping up her kids with an incredibly brave attitude and lots of hugs. Terrible timing all in all, but you don't choose when to develop cancer. She stopped smoking 2 years ago. 50 yrs of smoking preceded that. If you are a smoker, I urge you to stop.

Going to be a tough holiday season.

LottaKash
10-19-2012, 02:29 AM
Since Heart Disease has been mentioned in this thread, then here are some useful things to know if you are on a Statin Drug Regimen....(I was, but no longer)

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/10/15/statin-drugs-on-coronary-disease.aspx?e_cid=20121015_DNL_artLongAd_1

In brief:..Most recently, two separate studies have concluded that progression of coronary artery calcification, which is the hallmark of potentially lethal heart disease, is INCREASED with statin drug use.

Adverse effects of statin drugs include muscle problems, nerve damage in hands and feet, immune depression, pancreas and liver dysfunction, sexual dysfunction, cataracts, memory loss, and an increased risk of cancer

Here is an additional link concerning the debiltating effects that Statins may impose on your health...

http://search.mercola.com/search/Pages/results.aspx?k=statins

If you are a "Statiner"....Hey, the more you know...

redshift1
10-19-2012, 04:25 AM
Do you trust this guy?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Mercola

LottaKash
10-19-2012, 09:24 AM
Do you trust this guy?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Mercola

Much, much more than I trust the FDA these days....

One only has to research a little bit to find out who is running the FDA these days.....It is the "DRUG COMPANIES"....

As in "no realistic clinical trials" before releasing a deadly poison to the mainstream public.....Sure, the FDA nowadays, take the Drug Companies word for it....What a laugher that is...

These days anyone who questions the motives of the drug-cartel, will be ridiculed, as in days gone bye when some very brilliant DOCTORS have found cures for things, and strangely enough they have all but vanished from that scene, and those cures nowhere to be seen any longer...Most of those pathfinders had been harrassed and bullied to the point of leaving the country to continue their work in other countries or they just slipped quietly away into obscurity....

In fact, Senator McCain is one of many, of those same bullies.....To think that he is trying to get legislation passed to eliminate "VITAMINS and MINERALS" as being ineffective and useless or even harmful to the Human Body....What a crock..

The drug cartel owns the FDA these days, lock stock and barrel, and they are willing to let you believe that you are suffering from "a lack of their pills" or "vaccinations", as the cause for all your diseases....

Three Cheers for Doctor's who are brave enough to stand up to these bullies....When it comes to "Our Nutrition and Health" the government is not our friend, any longer, imho....They once had that calling and duty, but no longer...

And don't get me started on the "Food Chain"......Companies such as Monsanto and Dow Chemical have created "FrankenFoods" and would have us believe that somehow their "Genetically Altered Foods" are better than what God had created".....One has only to see how many "EX-employees" of these companies are on the staff of the FDA these days right along with their "pill cohorts"....

We must seek alternative valuable and reliable information in order to get at the "truth" when it comes to our health and nutrition.....The gov't is full of shit..

ElKabong
10-19-2012, 09:47 PM
http://w3.newsmax.com/newsletters/crandall/video_ob2.cfm?promo_code=E97B-1

stumbled across this just now....set aside 20-25 minutes to listen, lot of pointers on how to avoid a heart attack (leading with cutting down on sugar and fat).