PDA

View Full Version : Looks like the Magna boycott is working

MikeH
01-24-2004, 01:11 PM
According to an article in DRF, Santa Anita will need to reduce their purses due to poor off-track handle (translated: little business from account wagering; instead of flocking to the lousy Xpressbet site, people are betting other tracks through EBetUsa, Americatab and others.)

"Track president Jack Liebau said it was uncertain "how severe it will be." When asked if purses would be cut, he replied, "I think so. We continue to review it. Handle out of state has been disappointing.""

Keep up the good work, everyone!

You can read the entire article here:

http://www.drf.com/news/article/52900.html

Buddha
01-24-2004, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by MikeH
"Handle out of state has been disappointing.""

What did they expect? Knowing they severed ties with other account wagering services, did they expect everyone to jump onto xpressbet and continue to wager? i wasnt. hate to see a horse track struggle as i like the sport, but with they way they are running the business there, i dont feel too bad.

westny
01-25-2004, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by Buddha
What did they expect? Knowing they severed ties with other account wagering services, did they expect everyone to jump onto xpressbet and continue to wager? i wasnt. hate to see a horse track struggle as i like the sport, but with they way they are running the business there, i dont feel too bad.

And Magna has continued to support offshore wagering sites with their signal rates, and enabled them to continue giving their customers rebates.

But the rest of the internet betting customers can be bullied by Magna because "they don't count' and can be cowed into submission....

Tom
01-25-2004, 09:38 AM
No, we can't. Not anymore.
Frankie.......no matter what you do now, I will never support any track you own or any betting shop your are involved in.
You are a disgusting little weasel and you can go to h^ll.
And take your crap-company with you. This is a lifetime boycott.

John
01-25-2004, 10:38 AM
TOM

AMEN to that.

Figman
02-03-2004, 10:50 PM
Latest Magna (MEC) story.
http://tinyurl.com/2o4uo

BillW
02-03-2004, 11:11 PM
I love the statement "We didn't start this".

I don't have a TVG account (It is illegal in this state) and I am not aware of any tracks that TVG is prohibiting me from accessing (Laurel and Lone Star are the only 2 they carry that I can't wager on, both Magna tracks).

Two things Magna is missing, 1) TVG is only locking THEM out, not everyone (At least from my perspective ... anyone aware of TVG locking others out?) and 2) TVG didn't have something out there then take it away, and then charge for its return (well there was a 1 day issue between them and Autotote a year or two ago that was quickly resolved).

Next trip back to Baltimore and it's Charles Town for me :).

Bill

nomadpat
02-03-2004, 11:17 PM
My question is that will everyone who boycotts Magna also boycott the Breeders Cup races at Lone Star?

BillW
02-03-2004, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by nomadpat
My question is that will everyone who boycotts Magna also boycott the Breeders Cup races at Lone Star?

That brings up a good question. Will the NTRA tolerate Frankie prohibiting everyone from betting on the Breeders Cup?

To answer your question nomadpat, I am not allowed, boycot or not unless there is a seperate pool. Then I probably would bet because it is a Breeders cup event, not Franks.

Bill

Tom
02-03-2004, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by nomadpat

Yes, if that is a MEC track.
I will boycott ALL MEC tracks.
Missing the Breeder's Cup is no sweat off my nose.
Give me a $3500 nw3lt at Penn any day.

PurplePower
02-03-2004, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by BillW
That brings up a good question. Will the NTRA tolerate Frankie prohibiting everyone from betting on the Breeders Cup?

To answer your question nomadpat, I am not allowed, boycot or not unless there is a seperate pool. Then I probably would bet because it is a Breeders cup event, not Franks.

Bill Good point Bill. One of complaints that host tracks have about hosting the Breeders' Cup is that the NTRA/BCWTC get almost all of the track and purse portion of the takeout.

Tom
02-03-2004, 11:34 PM
IMHO, CT offers racing better than anything SA, HOL, GP, Lrl, Pim, ever did. Really nice track. I would love to go there this summer.

Zaf
02-04-2004, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Tom
IMHO, CT offers racing better than anything SA, HOL, GP, Lrl, Pim, ever did. Really nice track. I would love to go there this summer.

Hey Tom,

Its time to organize the 1st Annual PA CT Getaway.

I was there once back in the time before the slots, maybe around 1986, and what a dump it was.

ZAFONIC

cj
02-04-2004, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by zafonic
...I was there once back in the time before the slots, maybe around 1986, and what a dump it was...

ZAFONIC

It may have been a dump, but I had some of the best times of my life there. Great friends, great atmosphere. Is the paddock still indoors? I sure do miss the calls of the great Costy!

I've been back once since the changes, and I couldn't get the damn sounds of those slots out of my head for a week!

Zaf
02-04-2004, 08:31 AM
Yeah, its like playing the Race Book at Bally's Wild West, you are surrounded by slots :eek:

ZAFONIC

Buddha
02-04-2004, 10:31 AM
If you want slots, what about the PA Mountaineer getaway, so it is close to me :)