PDA

View Full Version : Pres Debate II: Long Island Edition

Pages : [1] 2

bigmack
10-16-2012, 06:00 PM
Let me get this straight - Town-hall format favors BO?

This went well.

IViTNksljI0

ArlJim78
10-16-2012, 06:11 PM
I was reading some highlights from the Obama/McCain townhall debate in 2008. There were some real howlers in there from Obama, such as going line by line through the budget looking for waste, that he's more a budget cutter than a big spender, that his plan would create 5 million green jobs, etc. Of course this was back in the day when everyone was enthralled by his "brilliance". I sure hope he rambles on like that tonight pulling stuff out of his ass. McCain was such a weak candidate, didn't hit back effectively at all.

PaceAdvantage
10-16-2012, 06:13 PM
I should be at this thing...it's right around the corner from me, relatively speaking...oh well...

Here's the way I see this playing out.

Obama was SO BAD in the last debate, that he is a virtual LOCK to be better this time around.

If Obama is even slightly better this time around than last time (and it's a LOCK that he will be), he will be deemed the victor in the debate. There is no doubt in my mind about this. The mainstream media, initially anyway, had a very hard time declaring the obvious in the first debate, but after a few days, even they couldn't deny what a mess that first debate was for Obama.

Therefore, since it's a LOCK he will be better in round 2, it is also a LOCK that Obama will be declared the winner, or at the very least, a tie, which will count as a win for the Dems.

That's how I see it...I would be absolutely shocked if Romney is able to win this debate in the eyes of the media...

bigmack
10-16-2012, 06:22 PM
That's how I see it...I would be absolutely shocked if Romney is able to win this debate in the eyes of the media...
How are you viewing a win - By the percentage of tools in the media or who you thought walked away "the victor" ?

PaceAdvantage
10-16-2012, 06:26 PM
How are you viewing a win - By the percentage of tools in the media or who you thought walked away "the victor" ?Good question.

It's all entirely subjective, unless it's the odd blowout as round one was a few weeks ago.

I'll know who won, for me, personally...that doesn't mean squat to the rest of the country though...

bigmack
10-16-2012, 06:31 PM
I'll know who won, for me, personally...that doesn't mean squat to the rest of the country though...
Just so's we're clear, that's what we're voting on. YOUR OWN VIEW of who won.

That goes for all you honkeys as well.

FantasticDan
10-16-2012, 06:31 PM
If Obama is even slightly better this time around than last time (and it's a LOCK that he will be), he will be deemed the victor in the debate. There is no doubt in my mind about this. The mainstream media, initially anyway, had a very hard time declaring the obvious in the first debate, but after a few days, even they couldn't deny what a mess that first debate was for Obama.
Here we go, more preemptive rationalizing and excuses, just IN CASE the Prez doesn't crash and burn :lol:

As for media reality, didn't most people believe that Biden won the VP debate? I mean, other than the PA Whiners Club and Fox News?

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-october-15-2012/democalypse-2012---v-p--debate--battle-for-the-historical-footnote---joe-biden

:p

bigmack
10-16-2012, 06:35 PM
didn't most people believe that Biden won the VP debate? I mean, other than the PA Whiners Club and Fox News?
Ahhhh, yeah, I guess you could say he "won."

Women are flocking to Romney in DROVES since that laughable display.

That's WINNING! :lol:

PaceAdvantage
10-16-2012, 06:35 PM
Here we go, more preemptive rationalizing and excuses, just IN CASE the Prez doesn't crash and burn :lol:

As for media reality, didn't most people believe that Biden won the VP debate? I mean, other than the PA Whiners Club and Fox News?

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-october-15-2012/democalypse-2012---v-p--debate--battle-for-the-historical-footnote---joe-biden

:pWhat rationalizing and excuses? You know for a fact that if Obama steps it up even one notch, he'll be declared the winner...by you...and everyone else in the media that has a vested interest in seeing him reelected.

Biden certainly didn't win the debate based on the negative things Democrats had to say about Romney in the wake of the first Prez debate. They accused him of being rude...of interrupting...of not respecting the moderator...these are all things Biden himself did in droves.

So I'm rather surprised that you, being a Democrat, would say that Biden won. Unless of course you're a hypocrite.

PaceAdvantage
10-16-2012, 06:40 PM
I see some wise cracks are already voting in the poll...lol

I had to delete the vote and close the poll...I'll try and remember to open it once the debate begins...or until bigmack reminds me...

lamboguy
10-16-2012, 06:40 PM
i think he's going to be worse than the first time.

fast4522
10-16-2012, 06:55 PM
What I think we will see tonight is clearly two distinct visions of of how to proceed. The winner will receive the ultimate grade by how many people believe in success of that vision articulated. I intend to listen to the debate, to be completely frank I will say I do not intend to vote for a guy who will only deliver economic growth in the 1.5 % range by failed policy's. I do look forward to revisiting this thread after the debate to cast an honest view of how it went.

johnhannibalsmith
10-16-2012, 06:55 PM
I expect him to sing.

bigmack
10-16-2012, 06:58 PM
.I'll try and remember to open it once the debate begins...
Don't know if you'll be around but let's go end of debate and then keep it open. :confused:

Let's Roll
10-16-2012, 07:08 PM
i think he's going to be worse than the first time.I agree, in fact, he's a LOCK to lose this debate.

bigmack
10-16-2012, 07:21 PM
When's the last time you've seen a Presidential nominee on a day of a debate, walkin' around, schleppin' his own suit?

I'm tellin' ya, this guy, Ward Cleaver; has potential to do some decent things in 8 fun filled years.

Yes. I'm a glass entirely full, kinda guy.

LottaKash
10-16-2012, 07:26 PM
"If I can't get this done in the first three years, well, then it'll be a one term presidency"....BO 2008 (paraphrased)

Greyfox
10-16-2012, 07:36 PM
If Obama is even slightly better this time around than last time (and it's a LOCK that he will be), he will be deemed the victor in the debate. There is no doubt in my mind about this. The mainstream media, initially anyway, had a very hard time declaring the obvious in the first debate, .

I think that you're right about this.

Any improvement at all in Obama's performance over the last debate will be scored as a win.

In fact the reports by MSM may have already been written and waiting to be filed.
There's a hospitality tent providing free beer for the reporters and a few wobbly pop may detract them from writing a lot afterwards.

http://politicker.com/2012/10/reporters-preparing-to-cover-debate-by-drinking-free-beer/
HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. — Some of the reporters covering tonight’s presidential debate at Hofstra University in Long Island may be F.W.I.–filing while intoxicated. Anheuser-Busch is apparently a sponsor of tonight’s rhetorical battle and the beer company has set up a “hospitality tent” outside the media filing center where reporters are being treated to free food, brews and souvenir glasses.

mostpost
10-16-2012, 07:39 PM
I should be at this thing...it's right around the corner from me, relatively speaking...oh well...

Here's the way I see this playing out.

Obama was SO BAD in the last debate, that he is a virtual LOCK to be better this time around.

Therefore, since it's a LOCK he will be better in round 2, it is also a LOCK that Obama will be declared the winner, or at the very least, a tie, which will count as a win for the Dems.

Obama can't just win because he exceeds expectations. He has to win because he performed better tonight than Romney does. I said in the other thread that Obama did not lose the first debate, but that was wrong. I should have said Romney did not win it-Obama lost it. Romney made so many statements that were at odds with what he said previously and Obama never challenged him. Obama never challenged him on 47% or on how he would pay for the tax cuts, he never forced Romney to give specifics. If Obama does not step it up this time he is doomed.

elysiantraveller
10-16-2012, 07:43 PM
You have to have draw be a option and maybe slightly obama/romney.

PaceAdvantage
10-16-2012, 07:44 PM
Obama can't just win because he exceeds expectations. He has to win because he performed better tonight than Romney does. I said in the other thread that Obama did not lose the first debate, but that was wrong. I should have said Romney did not win it-Obama lost it. Romney made so many statements that were at odds with what he said previously and Obama never challenged him. Obama never challenged him on 47% or on how he would pay for the tax cuts, he never forced Romney to give specifics. If Obama does not step it up this time he is doomed.Is this an example of you feeling all "Harlem Globetrotterish?" :lol:

elysiantraveller
10-16-2012, 07:46 PM
Obama can't just win because he exceeds expectations. He has to win because he performed better tonight than Romney does. I said in the other thread that Obama did not lose the first debate, but that was wrong. I should have said Romney did not win it-Obama lost it. Romney made so many statements that were at odds with what he said previously and Obama never challenged him. Obama never challenged him on 47% or on how he would pay for the tax cuts, he never forced Romney to give specifics. If Obama does not step it up this time he is doomed.

:eek: :eek: HOLY :eek: :eek: S#$%! :eek: :eek:

I'm proud of you mosty.

I agree if the debates end in draws from here on out I think Romney wins. Of course I have felt fine about Romney's chances for awhile now. Obama needs a "moment."

bigmack
10-16-2012, 07:49 PM
I'm proud of you mosty.
BO does more than look at his shoes and mosty claims - HE STEPPED IT UP BIGTIME! Negating his aforementioned, doom.

PostMosty, like all D's, ALWAYS has an out.

ElKabong
10-16-2012, 08:08 PM
I was reading some highlights from the Obama/McCain townhall debate in 2008. There were some real howlers in there from Obama

CSPAN replayed it Sunday. Biggest LIE of the town hall was Obama looking a questioner in the eye of a questioner on health care insurance and said>>>

Under my plan, you will have the same Health Insurance coverage that Senator McCain and I have.

My jaw dropped when I heard that. Forgot how much bullshit Obama flung during the campaign.

ElKabong
10-16-2012, 08:14 PM

If Obama is even slightly better this time around than last time (and it's a LOCK that he will be), he will be deemed the victor in the debate. There is no doubt in my mind about this. The mainstream media, initially anyway,

After the VP debate I think it's clear this is exactly what is in the cards. Obama may get bent over, but he'll be better than last time....Two ways to "report" this >> (1) Obama was improved from the first debate, or (2) Obama won the debate

Either way it will look good for Obama in print.

But, these debates aren't important for dems and pubs, it's important for undecided voters. In that vein, Obama has to be very careful IMO, b/c his base is still calling for him to go on the attack. While Dems will cheer, the undecided voters, as few as they may be, are the key to a Romney win....People that were not sold on Obama's 4 yrs, but on the fence with Romney.....If Obama goes overboard like Biden did, that fence goes away....Romney wins

Should be a fun 90 minutes

bigmack
10-16-2012, 08:58 PM
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/ReportersPreparingtoCoverDebateByDrinkingFreeBeer-Politicker.png

newtothegame
10-16-2012, 09:02 PM
"let's get it on"

Big Russ
10-16-2012, 09:03 PM
Let the idiocy begin!

Valuist
10-16-2012, 09:08 PM
Somebody tell Obama that community colleges are NOT trade schools.

ElKabong
10-16-2012, 09:10 PM
Jeremy is telling himself "I'm in for a kick ass job after tonite!!"

bigmack
10-16-2012, 09:11 PM
OK, they're throwing leather early.

Nice, blow FINALLY calling out the auto industry accusation.

Q1: ROMNEY

Tom
Obama had no clue what he answering for the first question.
He is sounding more lost as he goes on.

newtothegame
"give me your number Mr Romney" lol

ElKabong
AAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhh

here comes the attack dog! Dems happy, Undecided and Indy's are turned off.

Loving this!!!

Shut up Rom, let Obie step in the dog poo :)

Tom
10-16-2012, 09:12 PM
Obivously who Candy would like to sleep with.

Obama is not even close to answering any direct questions - a pure OBamabot tonight. Worse than last time.

Big Russ
10-16-2012, 09:12 PM
Our President is looking like a fool.

ElKabong
10-16-2012, 09:13 PM
Obama looks ruffled and "forcing" answers w/ emotion....Dumb Ed is gonna love it, the Undecideds are NOT.

Play it Cool, Mitt.

badcompany
10-16-2012, 09:14 PM
God, I hate this format.

Tom
10-16-2012, 09:14 PM
Screw 10 years from now - we need relief TODAY, idiot.
Sic 'em Mitt - bring up all the billions lost on green no-jobs so far! :lol:

Tom
10-16-2012, 09:15 PM
Our President is looking like a fool.

He Is a fool! :lol:

bigmack
10-16-2012, 09:15 PM
This is NOT Mr. Oil, Mr. Gas, Mr. Coal ! :lol:

CLASSIC.

mostpost
10-16-2012, 09:16 PM
You guys need to watch the same debate I am watching. It's on all the channels.

badcompany
10-16-2012, 09:18 PM
Romney is just so much smoother.

mostpost
Romney talking about oil production on federal lands, which is not relevant. Oil production is highest in two decades and that is occurring on private lands.

ElKabong
"close this plant"

Even when Obie makes points on substance, his style is "too big for the room".

Back n forth, and Obie is hot

Awwesome!

Tom
10-16-2012, 09:19 PM
Biden II - go get him, Mitt

Rookies

;)

No kidding...

If he was REALLY sharp, that Resume would be in to both parties tomorrow, followed by a personal phone call to both Campaign Chiefs manana.

Kid, it's your 15 minutes in the sun- go get it!

newtothegame
toe to toe...!!! lol

mostpost
Romney flapping jaws about permits and ignoring production.

barn32
Uppercut by Obama; Romney on the ropes...

badcompany
10-16-2012, 09:20 PM
You guys need to watch the same debate I am watching. It's on all the channels.

Says the guy who started a thread claiming that Obama won the first debate :lol:

Tom
Obama looks looks like a complete jerk- all he has is a big mouth.

$1.86.......huge blow.

bigmack
That type of aggression will GREATLY backfire on BO

newtothegame
LMFAO...its my turn...that wasnt a question lol

Big Russ
They should settle this on a bowling alley.

ElKabong
Mitt, stay cool dude. Obie is playing the angry (half) white man, Rom is even keel....if Rom gets ruffled it'll be a win for Baraq

ElKabong
10-16-2012, 09:22 PM
LMFAO...its my turn...that wasnt a question lol

When it was Gore >> "it's myyyyyyyyyyyyy turn" LOL

Tom
Obama has no clue.....people out of work are not swallowing this line a green BS.

barn32
Romney looks like a complete jerk. All he has is a big mouth.

Valuist
Romney talking about oil production on federal lands, which is not relevant. Oil production is highest in two decades and that is occurring on private lands.

WTF? Its ALL about public land. Obama has nothing to do with drilling on private land.

elysiantraveller
10-16-2012, 09:23 PM
Romney bombing right now...

badcompany
10-16-2012, 09:24 PM
Will this fat slob let them talk?

I read on her wiki that she's a vegetarian. Apparently, she thinks a cookie is a vegetable.

Tom
Candy is a sap.
It is so obvious she is trying to steer Obama out of trouble.
Not working, though - Obama looks like a Biden-wannabe.

ElKabong
poor Candy... her moment of fame is slipping away with this derailed train lol

bigmack
BO says - I'm used to being interrupted.

He talked more than Rom last outing.

mostpost
Romney interrupting and complaining he is not getting enough time :lol:

barn32
10-16-2012, 09:26 PM
Candy lets Romney go past his allotted time. Obviously she's a closet Republican.

ElKabong

The CNN clock has Obie having more time on the clock by ~2 minutes after that last exchange (Rom on the clock now)

Tom
It is not interrupting when the other guy interrupted YOU first. It is called taking back your time.

mostpost
10-16-2012, 09:27 PM
WTF? Its ALL about public land. Obama has nothing to do with drilling on private land.

They don't need permits on private lands? Anyway O said that many permits were going unused so they took them away and are giving them to those who will use them.

mostpost
10-16-2012, 09:29 PM
poor Candy... her moment of fame is slipping away with this derailed train lol

Translation: Obama is kicking your guys A$$.

Tom
No one is using them.

sammy the sage
I'm not watching or listening to THIS joke of a debate...two LIARS telling whoppers...big deal...

the reports/retorts HERE are plenty informative and entertaining :lol:

keep up the good work all... :ThmbUp:

barn32
10-16-2012, 09:30 PM
One-two punch by Obama...and then a right cross.

Tom
10-16-2012, 09:30 PM
No, it means that is how ridiculous this guy is - he can't look good even with help. :lol:

mostpost
10-16-2012, 09:31 PM
Will this fat slob let them talk?

I read on her wiki that she's a vegetarian. Apparently, she thinks a cookie is a vegetable.
Do you feel the same way about Gov. Christie?

Tom
10-16-2012, 09:33 PM

That was shadow boxing in his dressing room.

Candy keeps going to Obama for follow up - almost every time.
And Obama keep fumbling.

barn32
10-16-2012, 09:33 PM
Obama showing the world he's great at math!

Valuist
10-16-2012, 09:34 PM
There's never been a President as ignorant of economics as Obama. Makes even Carter look smart.

Tom
10-16-2012, 09:34 PM
Showing the world he is great at lying. His math is backwards..

sketchy deal? - come back with the Obama care bill and Pelosi.....knock this goon out cold.

Big Russ
10-16-2012, 09:35 PM
Finally, a Big Bird reference.

ElKabong

Time talking so far
Obama 14:56
Romney 12:51

badcompany

If Christie claimed to be a Vegetarian, yes. In any event, he needs to lose weight. Happy?

mostpost

And Obama keep fumbling.Is it lonely there in fantasyland.

Tom
10-16-2012, 09:36 PM

But he does his job, and does it well.
He can eat whatever he wants. He is a success.
Candy is a stooge.

barn32
10-16-2012, 09:36 PM
Romney is very distinguished looking and a handsome man. He has a very nice tie.

mostpost
10-16-2012, 09:37 PM
Float like a butterfly. Sting like a bee. A really big Bee.

Big Russ
10-16-2012, 09:38 PM
Time to suck-up to the female vote.

bigmack
10-16-2012, 09:38 PM
The foist question from someone without that LONG ISLAND accent.

Next question: Where would you's dump a body?

Big Russ
10-16-2012, 09:40 PM
Binders full of women?

ElKabong
10-16-2012, 09:40 PM

And Obama keep fumbling.

The Obama cheerleader section here is out in force, eh? (that's mosty on the left....)

Tom
10-16-2012, 09:41 PM
Yeah, why not a room full of people from all over the country?

Rookies
10-16-2012, 09:41 PM
If Christie claimed to be a Vegetarian, yes. In any event, he needs to lose weight. Happy?

Saw him the other night at a Mittens rally.

SCARY big! Has he gained weight since assuming office?

Needs a serious medical intervention or dude won't be around too much longer!

Tom
10-16-2012, 09:42 PM
Yeah, he is almost as bloated as Obama's government.

Tom
10-16-2012, 09:44 PM
How can that idiot tie contraception into this question?
This will not set well with people of intelligence. The "war on women" is insulting to women who think.

Romney - I will give you a job.
Obama - Here' s a rubber. Go.....yourself! :lol:

johnhannibalsmith
10-16-2012, 09:45 PM
This is just hard to watch. The format is terrible, the questions are nothing more than an interruption to these two babbling at one another. Both are trying way too hard to "win" the theater of the debate and neither is saying much worth a shit. I've about had enough of both of them this time around.

FantasticDan
Binders full of women?He got the idea from Big
Mack :ThmbUp:

Big Russ
Bush's fault.....hahahhahaha

Tom
10-16-2012, 09:46 PM
Oh man, Bush is not running, I am!

Dust off this ditz!

Obama whining about time when he is 2 minutes ahead! :lol:

Big Russ
10-16-2012, 09:50 PM
Romney is a spy for China? Who knew?

bigmack
10-16-2012, 09:51 PM
Yeah, this format bites. Not engaging for anyone.

Stump speech crap.

barn32
Point, counter point, uppercut, right jabs. Obama is toying with Romney. Romney looks like a rich fat-cat Republican who just wants to help his buddies.

I'm almost teary-eyed about Obama's performance. It's...magnificent!

ElKabong
Oh man, Bush is not running, I am!

Dust off this ditz!

Obama whining about time when he is 2 minutes ahead! :lol:

Make it 3 minutes, now

22:38
19:33

Sheeeyit....,make it 5 minutes now

24:40 (and going on)
19:33

mostpost
10-16-2012, 09:53 PM
Point, counter point, uppercut, right jabs. Obama is toying with Romney. Romney looks like a rich fat-cat Republican who just wants to help his buddies.

I'm almost teary-eyed about Obama's performance. It's...magnificent!
It's not that good. It's better. ;)

barn32
10-16-2012, 09:54 PM
Make it 3 minutes, now

22:38
19:33Counting minutes and seconds and crying fix!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

That's a sure sign the guy with the nice tie is losing.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Rookies
10-16-2012, 09:54 PM
The format sucks alright- for Mittens.

Badly outclassed at the 54 minute mark.

Obama had to up the ante by being agressive, without being angry.

So far- he's succeeded.

Tom
10-16-2012, 09:55 PM
Let's play a drinking game.
Every time Obama says Millionaires and billionaires, we all take a drink.
We should all be toasted by 10:30!

ElKabong
10-16-2012, 09:55 PM
Counting minutes and seconds and crying fix!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

That's a sure sign the guy with the nice tie is losing.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Who's crying "fix" ?? The more Baraq talks, the worse he looks :)

Tom
10-16-2012, 09:56 PM
Counting minutes and seconds and crying fix!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Actually, you might have missed this since you have missed most of reality so far, we are mocking OBAMA for continually whining about getting his fair share of time.

ElKabong
10-16-2012, 09:56 PM
The format sucks alright- for Mittens.

Badly outclassed at the 54 minute mark.

Obama had to up the ante by being agressive, without being angry.

So far- he's succeeded.

Obama has the zero EVs of Manitoba locked up. Allsome.

Tom
10-16-2012, 09:57 PM
Low blow - Mitt is using the truth against him!:lol:

Big Russ
10-16-2012, 09:57 PM
For the first time, I get the feeling that our President is not going to be re-elected.

newtothegame
10-16-2012, 09:58 PM
there ya go Mitt, hammer the RECORD!!!!!!!!!!!!

ElKabong
10-16-2012, 09:58 PM
Nice job by Mitt on job creation and the mirage of what's going on now for a non-recovery.

Tom
10-16-2012, 09:59 PM
Deport them.

Next question.

bigmack
10-16-2012, 09:59 PM
there ya go Mitt, hammer the RECORD!!!!!!!!!!!!
Exactly. That stuff cuts through all the crap.

Mitt has been floundering. He's now leveling off.

barn32
10-16-2012, 10:00 PM
Romney makes a nice speech and scores some points. I take back what I said about his tie.

elysiantraveller
Back to a draw...

ElKabong
Illegal immigration - a total non factor for the undecided voters. Mitt, just breeze thru this and let Obie over emote more on this!

Let's Roll
For the first time, I get the feeling that our President is not going to be re-elected.
Where you been Big Russ ?

Tom
10-16-2012, 10:01 PM
It's not the ones who came through Ellis Island that are the problem, dipstick.

newtothegame
10-16-2012, 10:01 PM
Senate and house super majority first two years and didnt do it..........
lmao hit em where it counts mitt...with the TRUTH!

bigmack
10-16-2012, 10:02 PM
What are these "gang bangers" BO speaks of? :eek:

Big Russ
10-16-2012, 10:03 PM
Been on a 6 month bender. Just ran out of booze.

Where you been Big Russ ?

Tom
10-16-2012, 10:04 PM
He totally ignores the fact he had both houses and failed.

ElKabong
10-16-2012, 10:04 PM
OBO going on and on on illegal immigration, that +/- line on CNN's s creen is flatlined.......Lotta talk, no points in the bag

Valuist
10-16-2012, 10:07 PM
Mr. President check your pension.

Smoke job.

barn32
10-16-2012, 10:08 PM
I just noticed something. Obama has big ears.

ElKabong
10-16-2012, 10:08 PM
Wwhen Obo tried to break in, the CNN line went down like a rock.

Candy lost control, then tells Romnet to sit down

Obama 30:15
Romney 27:56

newtothegame
10-16-2012, 10:09 PM
libya, here we go!!!

ElKabong
Libya....this s/b good

bigmack
The buck stops.......

Tom
Libya.....this will be good.
So far, he has lied about the whole thing.

ElKabong
10-16-2012, 10:11 PM
ok Rom, hit him with obama's response of flying west 3 time zones to go to a fund raiser

Tom
10-16-2012, 10:11 PM
Undecideds not too bright it appears.....they cannot be buying this line a BS in light of the facts out there. They make no sense with their responses.

They must be tapped directly into mostie! :lol:

barn32
10-16-2012, 10:12 PM
I can't quite figure out who has more grey hair. Obama has it all over and Romney's is more focused on the sides.

This is a major concern. A president should have grey hair, but what kind of grey hair?

bigmack
10-16-2012, 10:12 PM
Finally, VEGAS!

ElKabong
10-16-2012, 10:13 PM
ok Rom, hit him with obama's response of flying west 3 time zones to go to a fund raiser

Zingggggggggggg

ElKabong
10-16-2012, 10:15 PM
yeah, THAT's what you do

Tom
10-16-2012, 10:17 PM
Now Candy is helping him out with fact checking!

barn32
10-16-2012, 10:17 PM
Get'em O. Get'em. Uh-oh, Romney put in his place. Audience applauds. Romney is fumbling badly. Oh my God! This is so....embarrassing.

ElKabong
10-16-2012, 10:18 PM
man whatta softball question :confused:

gee, how do we eliminate ak47s

Valuist
10-16-2012, 10:18 PM
Get'em O. Get'em. Uh-oh, Romney put in his place. Audience applauds. Romney is fumbling badly. Oh my God! This is so....embarrassing.

As Obama fumbles thru his explanation for lying about Libya? Not sure what you are watching.

elysiantraveller
10-16-2012, 10:19 PM
Now Candy is helping him out with fact checking!

That is her job. Romney made a mistake there.

bigmack
10-16-2012, 10:19 PM
No guns for mentally ill people?

That's suppression!

mostpost
10-16-2012, 10:20 PM

Yeah>. Everybody can't be Edward R. Murrow

barn32
10-16-2012, 10:20 PM
Rope a dope.

ElKabong
10-16-2012, 10:21 PM

That was Susan Rice clapping. She went on 5 shows saying it was a demonstration days / weeks after the attack. :cool:

mostpost
10-16-2012, 10:21 PM
Is it time to vote that Obama won the debate yet?

Tom
10-16-2012, 10:22 PM

No it is not.
Obama outright lied several times and show did not correct it.
Her job is NOT to add content.

barn32
All Obama has to do now is hold him in the clinches and he'll win on points.

redshift1
Big change from the first debate.

newtothegame
fast and furious jab jab jab

Tom
10-16-2012, 10:23 PM

Sell them to Mexico.

Tom
10-16-2012, 10:24 PM
All Obama has to do now is hold him in the clinches and he'll win on lies.

ftfy

horses4courses
10-16-2012, 10:24 PM
Whose bright idea was it to put a poll on win/loss for this debate?
Oh yeah - thread starter. That explains it.

Here's why it's so ridiculous.
After the first debate, Obama supporters would admit that he lost.
There is no chance in hell that a GOP type will admit defeat in anything when it come to Barack Obama.
You guys have no objectivity or integrity....zero.
You will attempt to lie and cheat and steal your way into the White House.

mostpost
10-16-2012, 10:25 PM
fast and furious jab jab jab
Are you referring to the fast and furious that the Inspector General determined neither Holder nor Obama were to blame for

Tom
Poor grades in school cause mass killings.
OK, Barry.

Big Russ
...and assalt weapons...just couldn't be a complete debate without it...

newtothegame
Are you referring to the fast and furious that the Inspector General determined neither Holder nor Obama were to blame for
yep the one which has executive order to prevent any onfo being released on :lol:

ElKabong
10-16-2012, 10:26 PM
wow......she tries to end his talk, she lets him keep going

Tom

There is no chance in hell that a GOP type will admit defeat in anything when it come to Barack Obama.

And you thing the left would answer honestly? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Check out eBay - you need some credibility!

highnote
I have only watched bits and pieces of the debate. Romney seems to have won the parts I've watched.

Big Russ
can somebody pass me the bourbon please

Tom
10-16-2012, 10:28 PM
Big change from the first debate.

Yes, Obama actually answered a couple of questions without looking like an idiot.

See, H4C, I admitted he made some points! No lefties here have done that. :lol:

mostpost
10-16-2012, 10:28 PM
I have only watched bits and pieces of the debate. Romney seems to have won the parts I've watched.

That is proof of Horses4Courses theory.

sandpit
10-16-2012, 10:29 PM
These questions absolutely suck, but I guess that's the best that the screenwriters could come up with to give to the citizens "chosen" to ask them.

redshift1
10-16-2012, 10:30 PM

Obama seems clearly ahead but what do I know.

mostpost
10-16-2012, 10:31 PM
can somebody pass me the bourbon please
None of my business, but drinking does not solve problems and if you are for Romney, you have a big problem.

bigmack
Let that be the first. Hold the dam. :lol:

Tom
That is proof of Horses4Courses theory.

How do you possible come to that conclusion from that post?
Oh, wait, you're mostie - never mind. I understand now.

YOU are exactly the thing he talked about.
I offer as evidence your inane comments about the first debate.

newtothegame
10-16-2012, 10:32 PM
Obama has held his own in this debate for sure.....and depending on party you will probably think your guy won.
Point is, Romney held his own, Obama didnt look near as bad in this as in his first.
Romney started slow and came on later...Obama came out swinging (even if sounding like he was all over the place)....
I dont think this debate did anything to change that which was before the debate....

mostpost
10-16-2012, 10:33 PM
Yes, Obama actually answered a couple of questions without looking like an idiot.

See, H4C, I admitted he made some points! No lefties here have done that. :lol:
Wrong again. I'm a lefty and I said several times that Obama is making great points.

horses4courses
Whether Obama wins this debate, or not, somehow I expect a resounding victory for Romney in this thread's poll.
I'm such a cynic, though. :rolleyes:

Valuist
None of my business, but drinking does not solve problems and if you are for Romney, you have a big problem.

Yeah a big problem to solve when he takes his new job in Washington in January.

Tom
10-16-2012, 10:34 PM
Well, H4C, that's TWO righties who have given credit to Obama tonight.
Can you please point to anything remotely like that from ANY leftie here?

Waiting........

bigmack
BO's ears look wider from behind.

ElKabong
Obama> "Candy, those jobs are not coming back"

Needs to be in tv ads in swing states

ElKabong
10-16-2012, 10:35 PM
BO's ears look wider from behind.

That's Moochelle's ass you're looking at....

Tom
10-16-2012, 10:36 PM
Whether Obama wins this debate, or not, somehow I expect a resounding victory for Romney in this thread's poll.
I'm such a cynic, though. :rolleyes:

There is a reason for that.
The average poster at PA is above average intelligence.

horses4courses
10-16-2012, 10:36 PM
Well, H4C, that's TWO righties who have given credit to Obama tonight.
Can you please point to anything remotely like that from ANY leftie here?

Waiting........

I was one of the first to admit that Romney kicked ass in #1.
That's about as much credit as I can bring myself to give the man.

newtothegame
10-16-2012, 10:38 PM
OMG he believes in "self reliance" yet the DNC is promoting goverment assistance????? :lol:

ElKabong
Obama's going to wind up 4+ minutes more talk time......3rd debate in a row where the admin got more time. No complaint, just fact

Tom
Fair shot, fair share, but all he has done in office is fairway.

Tom
10-16-2012, 10:39 PM
I was one of the first to admit that Romney kicked ass in #1.
That's about as much credit as I can bring myself to give the man.

Then your accusations here tonight are unfounded, as you yourself are exactly what you accuse us of being. We all pretty much conceded Ryan was not that good......so far, the right is the only side showing any objectivity. Thank you for pointing that out.

newtothegame
his grand father fought in WW II ??? if a fact, I didnt know that

barn32
Wow, what a debate. It was just great. Romney won obviously, and it looks like I'm going to lose $6000. I won $44,000 in the last election so let's see--after two elections I'll be up $38,000.

Oh well, you can't win em all. On to the next race.

ElKabong
10-16-2012, 10:40 PM
Richard Maddow giving Mitt props.....and Obo too obviously but I thought msnbc would be going bonkers

Tom
10-16-2012, 10:40 PM
PMSNBC complaining that Romney said the same things he did two week ago.

Duh.

wisconsin
10-16-2012, 10:41 PM
PMSNBC complaining that Romney said the same things he did two week ago.

Duh.

Even though Obama said the same things he said 4 years ago :rolleyes:

ElKabong
10-16-2012, 10:42 PM
his grand father fought in WW II ??? if a fact, I didnt know that

yeah he was the guy that freed the jews from Auschwitz (oops a campaign gaffe in 2008)

Big Russ

I'm for whomever will lower my bourbon bill.

Rookies
Obama has held his own in this debate for sure.....and depending on party you will probably think your guy won.
Point is, Romney held his own, Obama didnt look near as bad in this as in his first.
Romney started slow and came on later...Obama came out swinging (even if sounding like he was all over the place)....
I dont think this debate did anything to change that which was before the debate....

I agree with your assessment, although Obama outpointed Mittens.

And, there will be an up swing for him, I predict. It may not be as much as Round 1 did for Romney, but should swing Obama into the lead in the majority of swing states outside of N.C.

ElKabong
10-16-2012, 10:44 PM
back to cnn, Gergen says Mitt had "two good debates", slight edge today to Obie....said Mitt didn't go backwards

Wwhat want to know is how the undecided voters come out of it with?

Tom
And his leg is tingling.

The Tingler......drool is common with him.

bigmack
should swing Obama into the lead in the majority of swing states outside of N.C.
:lol:

wisconsin
10-16-2012, 10:45 PM
Obama 44 min
Romney 41 min

horses4courses
10-16-2012, 10:45 PM
Then your accusations here tonight are unfounded, as you yourself are exactly what you accuse us of being. We all pretty much conceded Ryan was not that good......so far, the right is the only side showing any objectivity. Thank you for pointing that out.

I paid little attention to opinion on the VP debate - here, or anywhere else.
What mattered there for both running mates was that neither screwed up, and that both showed they have what it takes to take over the country, if needed.
The VP debate will be a very distant memory come election day.

Tom
10-16-2012, 10:48 PM
The debates are not the issue - the reaction to them is what YOU were talking about.

highnote
I thought the debators might start throwing some haymakers during the one testy moment. :D

wisconsin
I thought the debators might start throwing some haymakers during the one testy moment. :D

I thought the same thing...

Tom
10-16-2012, 10:49 PM
FOX making some good points about the prez alleging he called it a terror attack in the Rose Garden - they why did he go to Vegas and why did he allow Susan Rice to go out and lie all over TV?

Mitt missed a golden opportunity.

newtothegame
10-16-2012, 10:51 PM
Thats why I said "toe to toe" earlier......it looked as though they may start swinging lol

Tom
10-16-2012, 10:51 PM
Fact checking is coming out that Obama lied a lot.

Oil leases, last year of Bush = 20,000
First three years of OBama = 12,800

That is less, for you left-leaners out there.

horses4courses
10-16-2012, 10:52 PM
The debates are not the issue - the reaction to them is what YOU were talking about.
True.
I saw no way tonight that Romney won that debate.
Obama was more aggressive, and scored more points.
However, I realize that few on PA would ever agree with me, short of Romney falling to his knees and kissing the president's boots......

wisconsin
10-16-2012, 10:52 PM
Fact checking is coming out that Obama lied a lot.

Business as usual.

Dahoss9698
10-16-2012, 10:53 PM
There is a reason for that.
The average poster at PA is above average intelligence.

I was wrong. I was under the impression that it was impossible for you to say something funny, but this post had me laughing out loud.

Thanks!

ElKabong
I thought the same thing...

Obama can't defend his record, it's clear he gets angry at anyone that calls him out

The 4th debate...I can't wait!

Tom
No question in my mind - I would have destroyed Obama tonight.:cool:
Mitt missed some gaping holes in Obama's replies.

wisconsin
10-16-2012, 10:54 PM
True.
However, I realize that few on PA would ever agree with me, short of Romney falling to his knees and kissing the president's boots......

And scored more lies, too. Bravo.

Tom
10-16-2012, 10:55 PM
I was wrong. I was under the impression that it was impossible for you to say something funny, but this post had me laughing out loud.

Thanks!

It would be higher if not for a few here.
I'll leave it at that.:rolleyes:

highnote
Green Party candidates were arrested before the debate.

I think that anyone who manages to get their name on the ballot in all 50 states should be included in the debate. (I am not saying that the Green Party is on all the ballots.)

The debates should not be limited to the two main stream candidates.

Third party candidates are probably more of a threat to Obama than Romney .

HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. (AP) — Police say the Green Party candidates for president and vice president have been arrested at the second presidential debate.

Nassau County, N.Y. police say Jill Stein, the Green presidential nominee, and Cheri Honkala, the vice-presidential nominee, were charged with disorderly conduct as they tried to enter the debate site at Hofstra University.

The Green Party says in a statement that Stein and Honkala were walking with supporters toward the Hofstra campus Tuesday afternoon when they were met by uniformed police officers. Stein and Honkala then held an impromptu press conference in which Stein called the debate a "mockery of democracy."

A third person was later charged with disorderly conduct.

horses4courses
And scored more lies, too. Bravo.
He had some leeway tonight - Romney used up his lie quota last time.

Tom
10-16-2012, 10:57 PM
True.

You use this as an example of how you are objective? :lol::lol::lol:

horses4courses
10-16-2012, 10:59 PM
So far, I all wrong about the poll.
Obama has 40% of the 15 votes.
I was thinking there's no way he gets more than half that.
Wow.....

Tom
10-16-2012, 11:00 PM
Bobby Jindal.....Obama told to drink up all the Rad Bull he could find! :lol:

elysiantraveller
10-16-2012, 11:01 PM
I'm voting Obama in this poll.

Tom
So far, I all wrong about the poll.
Obama has 40% of the 15 votes.
I was thinking there's no way he gets more than half that.
Wow.....

You know some of the righties here had to cross over, fair and balanced lot that we are.

Rookies

Thanks!

Tom said the 'AVERAGE' PA member (The average poster at PA is above average intelligence.)

This is true. Some of us raise that avg up; and some lower it! :lol:

wisconsin
10-16-2012, 11:02 PM
He had some leeway tonight - Romney used up his lie quota last time.

So you admit Obama is a liar? Just want to clarify, because when you insinuate leeway, it sounds like you accept it.

bigmack
10-16-2012, 11:02 PM
I'm voting Obama in this poll.
I knew you would. I would have from the first half.

horses4courses
10-16-2012, 11:03 PM
Back to the baseball....Verlander pitching another shutout.
Romney mighta come in for the 9th, but Detroit's already been saved. ;)

Valuist
10-16-2012, 11:03 PM
I thought Romney should've crushed Obama much harder on Libya. One big coverup and he didn't dwell enough on the fact the administration lied.

wisconsin
10-16-2012, 11:04 PM
I thought Romney should've crushed Obama much harder on Libya. One big coverup and he didn't dwell enough on the fact the administration lied.

Missed a great opportunity here.

Tom
10-16-2012, 11:05 PM
Soledad and Candy together.....left and right butt cheeks.

God, these two are pathetic.
How did they ever pick that boob to be a moderator?

Last debate, put a Navy Seal in that role.
I DARE you to go over your time!:D

Pretty sad when the moderator goes on to analysis and further defends the president. She failed miserably - end of story.

It will be obvious to intelligent voters, that is all that matters.

bigmack
10-16-2012, 11:06 PM
Show me where BO said Benghazi was terrorism before leaving for Vegas.

CC was wrong.

Valuist
10-16-2012, 11:10 PM

:p

If your criteria for "winning" is number of interruptions, then Biden clearly won with 96 interruptions. But on any reasonable scale, all Biden did was prove he's the ass we thought he was.

johnhannibalsmith
10-16-2012, 11:12 PM
Obama was probably better in this debate, but not in a very meaningful way. I'm sure that he jazzed up his supporters quite a bit, which isn't totally irrelevant by any means, but this debate was so chock full of campaigning that I can't see anyone who actually tuned in with the hope of making a decision on the merit of the debate being any more the wiser from it. They did get in a bit on immigration, which was probably the only thing that might move someone in direction or the other - but if anybody else was basing a decision on tonight's debate, then they are only interested in performances. Some guy on ABC was saying it was "the best Presidential debate EVER!"... I really can't imagine how that could be the case unless you were just an Obama fan that was uplifted from the doldrums of his last performance. Overall, it was just tedious to listen to and utterly unenlightening, but of the two, Obama performed better most of the night.

wisconsin
10-16-2012, 11:15 PM
Focus group of previous Obama voters lambasting Obama on Fox, some guy actually said he was sick of his bullshit right on the air! Classic.

lamboguy
10-16-2012, 11:17 PM
my prediction is that the line on this election will fall from -$220-$100 favoring democrats to -$150 favoring democrats.

on the surface it looks like Obama won this debate, but i think he will lose votes after this debate.

elysiantraveller
10-16-2012, 11:20 PM
Show me where BO said Benghazi was terrorism before leaving for Vegas.

CC was wrong.

He did call it a "act of terror."

That phrase was used... I know its semantics but its correct semantics..

redshift1
10-16-2012, 11:27 PM
Focus group of previous Obama voters lambasting Obama on Fox, some guy actually said he was sick of his bullshit right on the air! Classic.

You mean the Billy Mays product endorsement.

DRIVEWAY
10-16-2012, 11:30 PM
my prediction is that the line on this election will fall from -$220-$100 favoring democrats to -$150 favoring democrats.

on the surface it looks like Obama won this debate, but i think he will lose votes after this debate.

You probably right. Obama only slowed the bleeding.

This will be an exciting finish.

mostpost
10-16-2012, 11:33 PM
Romney leading Obama 14 to 13 in the poll. On this forum that is a landslide for Obama.

bigmack
10-16-2012, 11:34 PM
Look at that poll. And some would have us believe this joint is 98% R's.

maddog42
10-16-2012, 11:37 PM
Cnn debate poll is reporting Obama won 46-39.

lamboguy
10-16-2012, 11:37 PM
You probably right. Obama only slowed the bleeding.

This will be an exciting finish.naturally Obama won most of the debate but lost on a few key points, he can't get around Libya, and Romney threw Bush under the bus. there are plenty of democrats looking for a reason to vote for Romney and he gave it to them in spades in this debate by stating the differences between him and Bush. that just might have wrapped up the deal.

johnhannibalsmith
10-16-2012, 11:44 PM
... he can't get around Libya,...

This was probably the highlight of the night for him. Nevermind the stupid point everyone is stuck on - so typical of what this process has devolved into - about whether he really said "it was terrorism" in the Rose Garden... Obama took responsibility directly. My people, my presidency, my responsibility - probably the best answer of either candidate all night long and for some people this was probably the only thing said that meant anything - the president doesn't want to be "O'Blamer" - he will step up and readily take responsibility. It, in some small way, actually helps his blaming Bush for everything strategy if he seems willing to take some heat on this one and show he realizes that he is capable of f***ing up, even in election season.

DRIVEWAY
10-16-2012, 11:44 PM
naturally Obama won most of the debate but lost on a few key points, he can't get around Libya, and Romney threw Bush under the bus. there are plenty of democrats looking for a reason to vote for Romney and he gave it to them in spades in this debate by stating the differences between him and Bush. that just might have wrapped up the deal.

Yesterday Obama throws a Clinton under the bus and today Romney throws a Bush under the bus.

That bus must be in Ohio.:lol:

Robert Fischer
10-16-2012, 11:45 PM
only 51.61% Romney ?

Obama must have trounced him :D

bigmack
10-16-2012, 11:52 PM
This was probably the highlight of the night for him. Nevermind the stupid point everyone is stuck on - so typical of what this process has devolved into - about whether he really said "it was terrorism" in the Rose Garden... Obama took responsibility directly. My people, my presidency, my responsibility - probably the best answer of either candidate all night long and for some people this was probably the only thing said that meant anything - the president doesn't want to be "O'Blamer" - he will step up and readily take responsibility.
While you & ely downplay the semantics the way it's going to play out is that he was yappin' all over the place, THE UN, LetterMan, 60 Minutos... That it was a va va video.

By NOW accepting responsibility,he's got some s'plainin to do.

It's not just a moment in a debate. He just opened himself up to things like the letter from the Senate.

DID you know about the explosion of the wall, some time BEFORE, the BG attack? If not, SAY WHAT? If so, SAY WHAT?

ElKabong
10-16-2012, 11:58 PM
Anybody watching CNN right now? Amazing internals of their poll

Romney is scoring well over 50% plus in each and every subset. "able to handle the economy", "able to reduce the deficit"....on and on. Some as high as 60% +

Romney is scoring big here.

The sample voted Obama as the winner "of the debate" by 46% to 39%......But what they're finding is, the people sampled are saying they believe Romney is the guy that's best suited for the job

That first debate left a mark

ElKabong
10-17-2012, 12:01 AM
Cnn debate poll is reporting Obama won 46-39.

The subsets are going to Romney in a big way...flip over to cnn right now

That tells us people thought Obama "won" a debate on style, but when asked who's best to lead the economy back, Romney is slam dunking Barack

This surprises even me

pandy
10-17-2012, 12:05 AM
Great debate. Libs will say Obama won and Conservatives will say Romney won. It doesn't matter, Romney got his most important points across about the economy and he'll be the next President, as I predicted a few months ago. The U6 (real) unemployment rate, established by the U.S. Bureau of Labor, is 14.7%. That's all you really need to know. Independents and moderate democrats will show a big shift from Obama to Romney. Obama won 53% of the popular vote in 2008. He's going to lose 10 to 15% of independents, at least 5% moderate democrats, some of the youth vote, and on top of that the turn out on the Republican side is going to be much stronger.

johnhannibalsmith
10-17-2012, 12:08 AM

By NOW accepting responsibility,he's got some s'plainin to do.

It's not just a moment in a debate. ...

He had two choices to the question posed. Blather Biden style about how "we no know nada" "flawed intelligence" "state department in charge" and continue on with that game OR say "I'm ultimately in charge" and "I am in charge". Neither poses a great scenario which is why being honest from the gitgo is so important, but the answer that he gave tonight is the RIGHT answer and the better of the two options for both the deeply aware (like most of us here) and those that don't pay a lot of attention but are aware of the reputation as "pass the buck Barack" that want something that resembles a leader to actually be the leader.

bigmack
10-17-2012, 12:10 AM
The subsets are going to Romney in a big way...flip over to cnn right now
The numbers are wild. The takeaway for most from CNN is that BO won the debate. The internals are devastating. Romney in a romp.

You're right, that first debate left him too bloody.

Like here. I actually almost voted BO. Simply on the merits of who appeared to be the winner with no bias, and transforming myself into a empty chalkboard headed opinion.

It's was BO winning for a long time. But I voted Romski.

Not because I'm a partisan HACK.

Happy to see many voted against their party. Strike a blow to all those that think there's a high-steppin' group think around this section.

bigmack
10-17-2012, 12:19 AM
but the answer that he gave tonight is the RIGHT answer and the better of the two options for both the deeply aware (like most of us here) and those that don't pay a lot of attention but are aware of the reputation as "pass the buck Barack" that want something that resembles a leader to actually be the leader.
Kapish. He now stands tall, at long last, on something.

The bad news? That was the easy part. Might be tough to dodge a host of questions in 3 weeks.

It's a stall-job now til No6.

elysiantraveller
10-17-2012, 12:24 AM
I knew you would. I would have from the first half.

Call them like I see them.

I don't think this moves the needle much though...

jdhanover
10-17-2012, 12:26 AM
I will generally stay out of this fray (you guys do crack me up at times). But I will comment about polling numbers etc.

The 'sub-polls' will always lag the overall. If President Obama 'won' the debate then expect some movement in the next few days in the sub-polls too. But the sub-polls really don't matter....you make one vote on one guy. The overall polls are more telling (and no one poll is that good; you have to look at them in aggregate throwing out the Repub and Dem tilted ones).

In the end the electorate is pretty evenly split.

bigmack
10-17-2012, 12:48 AM
Call them like I see them.

I don't think this moves the needle much though...
As do i. As mentioned, I almost gave it to BO.

As for the needle, it's BEEN moving. And it will continue to move in the same direction.