PDA

View Full Version : Supreme Court denies Ohio request to curtail early voting

maddog42
10-16-2012, 03:24 PM
The Supreme Court on Tuesday denied Ohio's request to curtail early voting in the state leading up to the November 6 presidential election. Ohio, critical to the election hopes of Democratic President Barack Obama and Republican challenger Mitt Romney, began early in-person voting earlier this month but planned to cut it off on November 2, the Friday before the election, except for members of the military.

http://news.yahoo.com/supreme-court-denies-ohios-request-curtail-early-voting-165835776.html

maddog42
10-16-2012, 04:04 PM
Just think how absurd this situation is. Early voting allowed and then cutting
it off the Friday before the election, except for the military. Do poor people spend their Friday paycheck on Booze and Drugs on the Friday before an election and suddenly decide to vote twice? Or do rich people the Friday before and election panic at the thought of Obama having another 4 years decide they will have fake ID's made up on their fancy color copiers?

Something must happen the Friday before and election that I haven't thought of to cause this time period to be ripe for voter fraud. Letting more poor people vote does seem like a bad idea. They tend to be poor and black or white trash or very old. I don't think those people should be allowed to vote at all. What if you have to stand in line next to one? You might catch some "Poor people disease". Damn I'm voting republican. Isn't there some way to keep them from voting period? Lets stop all the pussy footing and charge $100 to vote. The Supreme court MIGHT ok it. And I have been doing a lot of thinking.

A Modest Proposal

We need to have a strong POLICE presence around the polls. This will discourage Black people from voting and make white rich people feel more secure. I don't think there is a law against such a thing and I am surprised Republicans haven't thought of it. Better yet, Let the Police check ID's and arrest any felons or anybody with a similar name. That ought to do it. After all, people with similar names to felons have been kept from voting all over this great country of ours. This will cut down on the riff-raff.

ArlJim78
10-16-2012, 04:11 PM
have you considered the possibility that you are losing your mind?

johnhannibalsmith
10-16-2012, 04:19 PM

:lol:

I'm here to help, take it from someone that can empathize.

dartman51
10-16-2012, 04:40 PM
The Supreme Court on Tuesday denied Ohio's request to curtail early voting in the state leading up to the November 6 presidential election. Ohio, critical to the election hopes of Democratic President Barack Obama and Republican challenger Mitt Romney, began early in-person voting earlier this month but planned to cut it off on November 2, the Friday before the election, except for members of the military.

http://news.yahoo.com/supreme-court-denies-ohios-request-curtail-early-voting-165835776.html

Why is that a big deal?? In TN, the early voting period is from OCT 17 thru NOV 1. I don't hear anyone complaining. We also have VOTER I.D. laws( must have a PHOTO I.D.), don't hear anyone complaining about that either. But, then, we're not a battleground state. :ThmbUp:

Striker
10-16-2012, 05:06 PM
A Modest Proposal

Better yet, Let the Police check ID's and arrest any felons or anybody with a similar name.
Brilliant idea. :D

Tom
10-16-2012, 09:38 PM

Wow, if he is, he might want to let it go! :D

Actor
10-18-2012, 12:24 AM
Lets stop all the pussy footing and charge $100 to vote. The Supreme court MIGHT ok it.Violates Amendment 24 of the Constitution when applied to Federal elections. Supreme Court has held that it also violates Amendment 14 when applied to other elections. :cool:

I get your reference to Swift. The above is for those who don't. :bang:

maddog42
10-18-2012, 01:15 AM
Violates Amendment 24 of the Constitution when applied to Federal elections. Supreme Court has held that it also violates Amendment 14 when applied to other elections. :cool:

I get your reference to Swift. The above is for those who don't. :bang:

Maybe, just maybe you did.

"The Modest Proposal" that I made in this thread was a reference and a clue that I was jesting. It refers to an essay by Jonathan Swift called " a Modest Proposal" and is considered one of the greatest essays ever written in English. In his essay he espoused the notion that the children of the Irish should be sold to the English to be eaten. He of course was jesting to show the absurdity and the mistreatment that The Irish who were very poor and starving were being subjected. I thought my absurd suggestion to charge $100 to vote and have a heavy police presence to make the Rich feel more secure and to prevent Blacks from voting would be seen as Lampoon.

I am not fit to carry Swift's pencil case, and neither are any other people on this board. My apologies for trying to emulate a master.