PDA

View Full Version : This can't be real.....Gaydar?

JustRalph
10-16-2012, 03:10 PM
http://www.goproud.org/pages/news--press/2012/on-obamas-watch-tax-dollars-wasted-on-gaydar-research

Greyfox
10-16-2012, 03:22 PM
Apparently that and more are true.

The Government also funded projects that:

Examples of wasteful spending highlighted in “Wastebook 2012” include:

• Tax loopholes for the National Football League (NFL), National Hockey League (NHL) and Professional Golfers’ Association (PGA) – professional sports leagues that generate billions of dollars annually in profits ($91 million in taxes)

• Moroccan pottery classes (part of a $27 million grant from U.S. Agency for International Development)

• Efforts to promote caviar consumption and production ($300,000)

• Robotic squirrel named “RoboSquirrel” (part of a $325,000 grant from the National Science Foundation)

• Promotion of specialty shampoo and other beauty products for cats and dogs ($505,000)

• Corporate welfare for the world’s largest snack food producer, PepsiCo Inc. ($1.3 million)

• Government-funded study on how golfers might benefit from using their imagination, envisioning the hole is bigger than it actually is ($350,000)
More at: http://www.coburn.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/pressreleases?ContentRecord_id=3b872d11-b6b5-4f72-9a0f-f95c79c99b6f

Senator Tom Coburn announced those and more stupidities in the Wastebook 2012 that he released this morning.

Tom
10-16-2012, 03:46 PM
How much health care for the truly needy could have been purchased with half of that money?

How much security for foreign diplomats could have been provided?

mostie, your boys have been asleep at the switch.
Mine too.

johnhannibalsmith
10-16-2012, 04:12 PM
For some "poor" people like me, this is why we object to the rallying cry of taxation as a solution. It would be really easy for someone like me to cry for the wealthy to be taxed and chip in their "fair share", but if you are going to take the money and burn it out of spite, just let them keep it.

PhantomOnTour
10-16-2012, 04:12 PM
That's it - i'm applying for a $350,000 gov't grant to study equine performance patterns over various surfaces and distances of ground.

If Obama loses in Nov i can then apply to the new gov't for another grant (cuz we know i will have, uhhhhh, exhausted my earlier monies)