PDA

View Full Version : Santa Anita renames the Norfolk the No Contest

devilsbag
10-15-2012, 08:49 PM
At least that's what I thought at first glance. Then I realized a loose horse caused a race to be declared a no contest, and it wasn't yet another stakes renaming. Read all about it at:

http://www.drf.com/news/santa-anita-race-declared-no-contest-after-loose-horse-runs-toward-rest-field

* I tried scanning through the ten minute video a couple of times and never saw a head-on shot. If you can patiently sit through it and find it, let me know. Otherwise, we'll be arguing for years to come whether it was one loose horse or was there another loose horse on the grassy eighth knoll.

* Plenty of material here for those who want to take a few moments out of their busy schedule to do some Trevor bashing.

* The comments (and commenters) on the DRF site leave a lot to be desired. In their defense, I'm impressed that the guys who used to urinate in the lobbies of New York City OTBs have found their way to the internet.

duncan04
10-16-2012, 12:01 AM
At least that's what I thought at first glance. Then I realized a loose horse caused a race to be declared a no contest, and it wasn't yet another stakes renaming. Read all about it at:

http://www.drf.com/news/santa-anita-race-declared-no-contest-after-loose-horse-runs-toward-rest-field

* I tried scanning through the ten minute video a couple of times and never saw a head-on shot. If you can patiently sit through it and find it, let me know. Otherwise, we'll be arguing for years to come whether it was one loose horse or was there another loose horse on the grassy eighth knoll.

* Plenty of material here for those who want to take a few moments out of their busy schedule to do some Trevor bashing.

* The comments (and commenters) on the DRF site leave a lot to be desired. In their defense, I'm impressed that the guys who used to urinate in the lobbies of New York City OTBs have found their way to the internet.

Not sure what you are looking for here. You can see the loose horse and the saddlecloth on the horse. Not sure why a head on is needed. And Trevor was trying to give the riders a heads up so what is there to bash? Confused about the need for this thread! :confused:

Robert Fischer
10-16-2012, 12:23 AM
Not sure what you are looking for here. You can see the loose horse and the saddlecloth on the horse. Not sure why a head on is needed. And Trevor was trying to give the riders a heads up so what is there to bash? Confused about the need for this thread! :confused:

I'm still not sure if I understand the original post.

Not sure I agree or disagree with the thread starter, but there was a loose horse coming the wrong way, and IIRC an outrider as well.

depalma113
10-16-2012, 06:57 AM
The loose horse and the outrider were coming right at them down the stretch. It's at 1:09 of the video. Why the grand conspiracy charges?

wisconsin
10-16-2012, 09:46 AM
All one needs to do is look at the still shot further down in the article. That picture says it all.

racingfan378
10-16-2012, 11:10 PM
listen to the race call, you can hear the steward open the door, yell at Trevor to say "stop the race" which he did, then Trevor said "thanks" to whoever it was

Maybe the Hoosier park guys should take a lesson on how to stop a race :p

it was a good call by the stewards (god i never thought i would say that!) :D

lamboguy
10-16-2012, 11:28 PM
no sour grapes, but i thought that our horse was going to win that race, STAR DESTINY. i am glad that no one got hurt in this fiasco.

when you have a bad year in this game, it always seems to get worse.