PDA

View Full Version : SLEW'S FAST HORSES FOR FRI. 10/12

MeSlew
10-11-2012, 11:19 PM
Hello All! For Friday, Slew's listing of fast horses include the following tracks and races:

Belmont - 1,6,7,8,9
Santa Anita - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7
Keeneland - 7,9
Woodbine - 5

The Keeneland races (7 & 9) include our Key horses for the day. They are:

Lily the Pink - KEE ( 7) SAR 09/01/12 # 4
Madame Giry - KEE ( 9) SAR 08/04/12 # 1

Lily The Pink was scratched out of an Allowance race at Belmont on 10/7 and shows up at Keeneland at the same level. The concern here with the Mott trainee is that it took her 9 tries in the Mott barn to break her maiden while not moving forward on her speed figs. That said, she is rarely out of the exacta and her form has held quite well for over a year. On paper, Heart of Destiny is the horse to beat as the tepid 5/2 ML favorite but if Lily wants to move forward and takes to the Kentucky sod, I think she has a legit shot.

As for Madame Giry, regular visitors to this space need no further introduction to this horse or to the feelings of true love I have for her. This is a talented daughter of Castledale on a serious 4 race win streak who has been smartly moved up the ladder by Cam Gambolati ever since the light bulb went on back on July 6th at Belmont Park. (If you wish to read my ramblings on her, search for my Horses to Watch posts of both the Belmont spring meet and the Saratoga meet). She will be mixing it up with some experienced stakes type girls now so we will see with a bit more clarity what she is made of. The hard persuasion of experience tells me to be wary of any entry that has the name Iwinski attached to it. Mr Iwinski's horse Inspired will likely go to the lead but be pressed by a couple of longshots.

That said, I will be breaking my rule of no betting while I am working and my money will be on the Madame to run her down in the stretch.

So enjoy the Friday cards and as always...good luck and good 'capping!