PDA

View Full Version : cook and karras

ldiatone
10-11-2012, 06:39 PM
firstly Beano cook has died here in pittsburgh. many may not know him but he was on espn and nicknamed the "pope" of collage football. very different point of view on many subjects.
alex karras has also died 72. RIP for both :(

NJ Stinks
10-11-2012, 07:19 PM
Damn. I knew about Karras but not Beano. I loved watching him on Espn! He was one of a kind.

RIP, Beano.

NJ Stinks
10-11-2012, 07:23 PM
I just googled Beano Cook and the headline at the NY Daily News says he was "one of a kind".

I wasn't copying what I wrote about Beano. Just so Beano knows....

PhantomOnTour
10-11-2012, 10:47 PM
After the hostages were released in Iran in 1980 Major League Baseball gave each of them a lifetime pass to see MLB games, and Beano said:
"Geez, haven't they suffered enough?"
:lol:

RIP Beano

ElKabong
10-11-2012, 10:55 PM
he had the vision to move the 1969 TEXAS-Arkansas game to the end of the year. Predicted the MNC would come down to that game. As much of a diehard Orangeblood as I was, everyone knew Ohio St and Notre Dame were on paper the best.

Bo upsets tOSU (teaches Woody a lesson about running up the score), and ND trips up.....TEXAS #1 vs Arkansas #2 in the matchup in early December.....Beano was a seer.

RIP

ldiatone
10-12-2012, 05:05 PM
After the hostages were released in Iran in 1980 Major League Baseball gave each of them a lifetime pass to see MLB games, and Beano said:
"Geez, haven't they suffered enough?"
:lol:

RIP Beano
:lol: :lol:
you should have listened to him on local radio around this area...great stuff