PDA

View Full Version : RAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUL!!!!!

Stillriledup
10-10-2012, 11:10 PM
LEGEND!!!!

ElKabong
10-10-2012, 11:12 PM
Aaron F'n Boone, step aside for Raul F'n Ibanez :)

Stillriledup
10-10-2012, 11:13 PM
That was LEGENDARY. Incredible.

This is Kirk Gibson stuff, people will be talking about this night for a LONG time.

lsbets
10-10-2012, 11:20 PM
Aaron F'n Boone, step aside for Raul F'n Ibanez :)

More like:

A-Rod, step aside for a clutch hitter.

Wow. Great move by Girardi. Most managers wouldn't do it.

Stillriledup
10-10-2012, 11:22 PM
More like:

A-Rod, step aside for a clutch hitter.

Wow. Great move by Girardi. Most managers wouldn't do it.

This is why Girardi is one of the best in the game. It seems pretty easy to say "sure, pinch hit for A Rod" but you know A Rod has 600+ HRs as 'cold' as he is, in a tie game, its really hard to pinch hit for him, especially with a 'bench player' like Ibanez.

PaceAdvantage
10-10-2012, 11:22 PM
Wow. Great move by Girardi. Most managers wouldn't do it.I can't believe he did it...what a genius move...he must have been reading my recent post on A-Rod and been as pissed off as I was... :jump:

lsbets
10-10-2012, 11:27 PM
It took major balls for Girardi to do it. Aside from the career stats, he's the highest paid guy on the club. Yeah, everyone knows he chokes, but if Ibanez strikes out, Joe would have taken heat for not making Aroid earn his money.

ElKabong
10-10-2012, 11:45 PM
"Lose an A-Rod, Win A Game"

I can see the tee shirts and bumper stickers as I type.

Stillriledup
10-10-2012, 11:59 PM
It took major balls for Girardi to do it. Aside from the career stats, he's the highest paid guy on the club. Yeah, everyone knows he chokes, but if Ibanez strikes out, Joe would have taken heat for not making Aroid earn his money.

Donald Trump is vindicated! :lol:

JustRalph
10-11-2012, 12:16 AM

Nothing ventured,nothing gained :lol:

Ballsy move, will be remembered as brilliant for ten years

If he strikes out, 3 day story tops. :ThmbUp:

Stillriledup
10-11-2012, 12:28 AM
Nothing ventured,nothing gained :lol:

Ballsy move, will be remembered as brilliant for ten years

If he strikes out, 3 day story tops. :ThmbUp:

Absolutely true.

One of the biggest criticisms of big league managers is there's too much 'by the book' stuff and not enough 'gut' stuff. My theory was always anyone can manage by the book, any big league guy can go lefty lefty righty righty, etc but you're not paying a big league mgr to read a book, you're essentially paying him to have a 'feel' that's something more than what me or you can do from our couch. You're paying him to know something 'more' about the players than just by the book matchups. Its amazing that you rarely see a Mgr deviate from the 'logical' way of doing things, this was refreshing to see and i think we might see more of this down the line from all managers.

Overlay
10-11-2012, 01:03 AM
Reminds me of the eighth-inning, game-tying three-run homer that Boston's Bernie Carbo pinch-hit against his old teammates in the classic Game 6 of the 1975 World Series between the Reds and the Red Sox, which set things up for Carlton Fisk's walk-off home run in the twelfth.

Pace Cap'n
10-11-2012, 07:07 AM
After the prior game, the press was asking Buck S. about some of his pitching moves during the game. He says, "I didn't bring in X because they would have put Ibanez up and that's the last person I want to see up there."

How prophetic.

cj's dad
10-11-2012, 07:16 AM
Ouch !

KingChas
10-12-2012, 10:41 AM
Ouch !

Don't feel bad after watching Ibanez and Werth pop game winners.
I am sure the Phillies fans sitting at home feel worse than you do. :D

johnhannibalsmith
10-13-2012, 11:35 PM
Unf***ingbelievable.

elysiantraveller
10-13-2012, 11:38 PM
Unf***ingbelievable.

The Tigers really are comical...

You can't script better @&$# than this...

lsbets
10-13-2012, 11:39 PM
Holy shit!

johnhannibalsmith
10-13-2012, 11:42 PM
Dude has two outs and the batter 0-2 with the most clutch HR batter on deck as the tying run and walks him... after that you almost have to think there's just no possible way in hell that it could actually work out like that... unreal.

elysiantraveller
10-13-2012, 11:46 PM
You play 8 solid innings where you face adversity, get contributions everywhere, and have some great web gems.

All to have your manager and closer completely $&@+ you!...

It's sad that Detroit sports fans are used to this...

JustRalph
10-14-2012, 12:26 AM
Leyland sat on his hands.......I couldn't believe it.

Valuist
10-14-2012, 12:39 AM
Reggie who?

GameTheory
10-14-2012, 01:06 AM
That was LEGENDARY. Incredible.

This is Kirk Gibson stuff, people will be talking about this night for a LONG time.Yeah, I don't think they will...

badcompany
10-14-2012, 01:17 AM
Jeter out for the rest of the playoffs, fractured ankle :(

JustRalph
10-14-2012, 03:41 AM
Do the Yankees only have one trainer? Why the hell does a sixty year old trainer and Girardi have to carry Jeter off the field ?

MutuelClerk
10-14-2012, 09:16 AM
Valverde sucks. I'm glad this is his last year in Detroit. I hope he takes Leyland with him. Evil Empire, sorry you lost your Captain. I'm sure he has a starlet already by his bedside. GO TIGERS!!!

ElKabong
10-14-2012, 07:33 PM
Horrible call with 2 out in the T8, but didn't matter.

Tigers up 2-0 with a closer that's basically toast. Wouldn't chalk this one up just yet, but I'd run to the window and bet on the NL winner taking it all

PaceAdvantage
10-14-2012, 08:27 PM
Horrible call with 2 out in the T8, but didn't matter.

Tigers up 2-0 with a closer that's basically toast. Wouldn't chalk this one up just yet, but I'd run to the window and bet on the NL winner taking it allAll the Yankees have to do is start hitting again (which seems like a monumental task at this point). Their pitching has been top notch.

It was a crime Kuroda took a loss for that gem of a game he pitched.

PaceAdvantage
10-14-2012, 08:41 PM
BTW, benching and pinch-hitting Rodriguez kinda seems silly now that all these different guys are cold as ice. Granderson, Cano, A-Rod, Swisher, Martin...you could easily bench or pinch-hit for all of them they are running so cold right now.