PDA

View Full Version : Are last race winners overbet now?

trying2win
01-24-2004, 12:46 AM
--We've all probably read handicapping authors advising us to be aware of the changing nature of the harness racing game. I'm starting to sense that might also apply to betting last race winners. For many years, several types of last race winners at the harness races came back to win the next race at generous odds. Now it seems over the last year or so, last race winners are becoming more overbet and not enough big mutuels are being obtained using this method. Has anyone else noticed this trend on last race winners, while playing the harness races?

--Now I've done some fine-tuning, and switched over to using some of Al Stanley's lesser-known angles for spot plays. These angles are found in his Harness Handicapping Newsletters. Using this revised strategy, has produced more satisfactory results lately. Hopefully, this trend will continue.

Trying2win

norm f
01-24-2004, 02:57 PM
Ive only got 5 newsletters and it appears that he doesnt do them anymore...Could you share one or 2 of the lesser known
ANd maybe you could tell me his definition of the 3 factor impact.
He mentions this method in 1 of the letters i have ,but he doesnt go on to explain it
Tnx

trying2win
01-24-2004, 06:22 PM
Norm,

--Sorry, I can't share some of Al Stanley's harness angles. They're copyrighted material. I can mention though, that his TRAINER POWER PLAY #7 has caught some nice-priced winners at Dover Downs and the Big M lately. Also, a variation of Al's CONCEALED FORM ANGLE has produced the odd good win price recently at Woodbine, as well. I've been betting a few horses with Al's TRAINER POWER PLAY #1 the last few days, but so far that angle has struck out every time. You can't win 'em all.

--If you're interested in getting more copies of Al's Harness Handicapping Newsletter, just phone or write Al. I'm sure he can send you a list of the topics and angles in each issue of his 'Harness Handicapping Newsletters'. Then if you want to buy any of them, maybe he'll give you a package deal.

--Trying2win

Tom
01-24-2004, 08:55 PM
How do you contact him?

trying2win
01-25-2004, 12:07 AM
Tom,

--Al Stanley hasn't got a website that I know of, so here's a mailing address I got out of one of his handicapping books:

STANLEY'S LAW INTERNATIONAL

P.O. BOX 1403

STATION A

WINDSOR, ONTARIO, CANADA

N9A 6R3

--There were 64 issues of Al Stanley's HARNESS HANDICAPPING NEWSLETTER produced, before they were discontinued around January of 2001. I've got them all. At one time, Al was still selling back issues of his HHN. I don't know whether he still does or not. I guess there's only one way to find out, and that's to ask him. Maybe someday his HHN might become a collector's item, and I might get enticed to sell them on the ebay site.

--Al Stanley has produced other excellent harness handicapping materials. Some of his books are available at bookstores, but in my opinion, his handicapping books available at the retail stores, aren't as good as some of his other books that he sells directly. He also has a VHS harness handicapping video. This was taped at one of his handicapping seminars that he conducted at one of the racetracks in the U.S. or Canada. I don't know whether he still does those seminars, because I haven't talked to him on the phone for a few years.

--If you would like Al Stanley's home phone number, just send me a PM, as I don't think it would be proper to list it here.

Thanks,

Trying2win