PDA

View Full Version : Laura Logan speech on Afghanistan

JustRalph
10-08-2012, 08:22 PM
http://www.suntimes.com/news/washington/15581902-452/reporter-lara-logan-brings-ominous-news-from-middle-east.html

Make sure you scroll down to get the whole story

This lady is turning out to be pretty brave. I am surprised she is even working at all.

PaceAdvantage
10-08-2012, 08:33 PM
It is interesting how the murder of a US Ambassador has pretty much been swept under the rug as far as the media and the left-wing is concerned.

This would be seen as a MAJOR FAILURE of a Bush reelection cycle...and you know damn well it would be...all of you know this...

ArlJim78
10-08-2012, 08:40 PM
the media is more interested in the Romney/Big bird kerfuffle.

I saw the Logan article earlier. You seldom see that kind of candid reality expressed by someone in the media. She's a unique individual, fearless and undaunted especially considering what she's been through.

boxcar
10-08-2012, 09:22 PM
It is interesting how the murder of a US Ambassador has pretty much been swept under the rug as far as the media and the left-wing is concerned.

This would be seen as a MAJOR FAILURE of a Bush reelection cycle...and you know damn well it would be...all of you know this...

There is a blogger that has put forth the theory (which according to my wife who read it, it sounded pretty convincing) that the ambassador's murder wasn't supposed to happen but was a planned "October surprise" by the administration that was supposed to be only a kidnapping, in which Obama would immediately take action to successfully free the guy and be made to look like a strong leader close to the election. But the terrorists double-crossed BO by murdering the poor guy. Wouldn't surprise me in the least. Look how badly Fast & Furious was bungled!

Boxcar

johnhannibalsmith
10-08-2012, 09:27 PM
There is a blogger that has put forth the theory (which according to my wife who read it, it sounded pretty convincing) that the ambassador's murder wasn't supposed to happen but was a planned "October surprise" by the administration that was supposed to be only a kidnapping, in which Obama would immediately take action to successfully free the guy and be made to look like a strong leader close to the election. But the terrorists double-crossed BO by murdering the poor guy. Wouldn't surprise me in the least. Look how badly Fast & Furious was bungled!

Boxcar

As a cynical conspiracy lover that dislikes this administration, that sounds pretty ridiculous to me.

bigmack
10-08-2012, 09:36 PM
Woman friend, hell of a chess player, axed me a few years ago where she could play online. FlyorDie, I says. She ends up striking up a strong kinship with a number of Egyptians playing chess.

Gets to know their kids, families, stories. I heard, (through osmosis) the whole dealio with the 'revolution' before it happened. But it was very hush, hush.

She ends up going over and visiting them. Is GROPED several times by men walking on the street.

Laura Logan almost died at the hands of uncivilized BEASTS.

I could care less about Muslim creeps.

In fact, regarding this Afghan "they STILL don't like us" my feeling has remained constant. I like them about as much as they like us.

boxcar
10-08-2012, 10:46 PM
As a cynical conspiracy lover that dislikes this administration, that sounds pretty ridiculous to me.

You think it's beneath the thugs in this administration? Well, I don't.

Boxcar

PaceAdvantage
10-08-2012, 11:17 PM
You think it's beneath the thugs in this administration? Well, I don't.

BoxcarComing from you, not all that surprising.

JHS has this one pegged...and I, like him, am a cynical conspiracy lover...

elysiantraveller
10-08-2012, 11:20 PM
Coming from you, not all that surprising.

Yep. Wouldn't make any sense when looking at it from a risk/reward perspective.

DJofSD
10-08-2012, 11:58 PM
"They" still hate us, now more than ever.

Really? That's news?

Any one who thought we could change their hearts and minds needs to have their head examined.

This regime's idea of being able to fight a kinder war reveals they understand neither war or friendship.

Obama might as well take that Nobel prize, put it on a gold chain and give it to his current favorite rap artist.

boxcar
10-09-2012, 02:07 PM
Coming from you, not all that surprising.

Neither of you have anything pegged. BO is one very rotten tree, so it's perfectly reasonable to postulate (as that blogger, apparently, did very well) that the whole thing was set up as an October surprise that ended up backfiring on the administration (just like Fast & Furious did). because the crooks on the other end didn't live up to their part of the bargain. I'm not saying this is what happened per se -- I'm only saying I would not put anything past this lawless administration.

Boxcar

Tom
10-09-2012, 02:27 PM
Obama might as well take that Nobel prize, put it on a gold chain and give it to his current favorite rap artist.

He could put a copy of KILL LIST inside of it.
The Nobel Peace Prize Winner has a KILL LIST.
You can't make this stuff up!

Hoofhearted
10-09-2012, 02:46 PM
Neither of you have anything pegged. BO is one very rotten tree,

Your rightwing bias is bordering on extreme paranoia.
So paranoid in fact, that you are propelled to promulgate the most ridiculous conspiracy theory surely in current circulation.
We know that the Internet is the spiritual home of the craziest conspicary theorists, but your's surely takes the biscuit. And that is saying something considering the stuff already out there.

Have a spliff fella, or a decent drink, and chill out a bit. I'm certain that when you re-consider your claims you will realise how silly they are.

rastajenk
10-09-2012, 02:56 PM
Put me down for thinking that the truth is probably more unbelievable than this conspiracy put forth here. This administration never allows for the possibility of, and takes responsibility for, unintended consequences of its half-baked ambitions. Wait and see....

boxcar
10-09-2012, 02:57 PM
So paranoid in fact, that you are propelled to promulgate the most ridiculous conspiracy theory surely in current circulation.
We know that the Internet is the spiritual home of the craziest conspicary theorists, but your's surely takes the biscuit. And that is saying something considering the stuff already out there.

Have a spliff fella, or a decent drink, and chill out a bit. I'm certain that when you re-consider your claims you will realise how silly they are.

Only someone who is hopelessly naive would believe this lawless, deceiving administration would be above such a thing. I mean...when it comes right down to it: The entire administration, I think, has given itself over to a reprobate mind. But...if you think differently and you want to try to prove to me how virtuous it is, feel free. I know I would have no problem at all supporting my low view of these thugs.

Boxcar

rastajenk
10-09-2012, 03:01 PM
They out-Nixoned Nixon right from the gate. Since then, it has increased the margin, moving like a tremendous machine! :p

Tom
10-09-2012, 03:04 PM

Next thing you know, theses guys will be alleging the US Justice Department knowingly sold guns to drug cartels in Mexico and then lost track of them and border agents got shot with them.....and then they denied it! :lol::lol::lol: What a bunch of hooie, huh?

BlueShoe
10-09-2012, 03:21 PM
This lady is turning out to be pretty brave. I am surprised she is even working at all.
For sure. After being gang raped by a mob of savages, for this stunningly beautiful woman, perhaps the most attractive in all of the media, to resume her career as if nothing had happened is certainly gutsy and admirable. Her comments are really not surprising for those of us that grasp the reality of geo-politics among the Islamic world. We could pave every street in all of Islam with gold and shower them with rose petals and still they would hate us. The choice is very clear in the Western world; either we kill them first or most surely they will kill us. There are simply no other options at this time.

LottaKash
10-09-2012, 03:25 PM
We know that the Internet is the spiritual home of the craziest conspicary theorists........

You know Hoodfearted, you are right about the I-Net, you see & hear all kinds of silly, absurd and very scary things when one is perusing the many venues of their kind....

Still, History has tendency to repeat itself over and over again....

How is this for "conspiracy"....Adolph Hitler, Lenin, Trotsky and STalin, heck people cheered and cheered for these guys to win....Hell, people laid down their lives for these "nice guys" who were going to make things better.....Well, you see what they got....

And yet, even back then, there were people in the know, and many with fine minds at that, who were touting the "paranoid conspiracy theories" for their time....

Well, the bad guys won, and look what the outcomes were....Get it !...

The present potus, is doing the same thing, and line for line.....Like he got it out of a "recipe book".....Everything that this potus, his highness, touches turns to shit.....Get it...Like in a recipe....Get it....

Tom
10-09-2012, 03:38 PM
If history teaches us one thing, it is that you never trust your freedoms to a government.

A gun, yes, a government, never.

Hoofhearted
10-09-2012, 03:48 PM
And yet, even back then, there were people in the know, and many with fine minds at that, who were touting the "paranoid conspiracy theories" for their time....

You're not suggesting that this lunatic-fringe-on-the-Right Boxcar individual with his ridiculous conspiracy theory and who has difficulty stringing an erudite sentence together is a "fine mind" surely LottaK, are you?
Oh wait a second .................... you are exactly suggesting just that.
Therein lies the fundamental problem for the conservative Right with these extremist rightwingers such as he .................... because they cannot be taken seriously the rightwing cause they espouse and promote will always invite ridicule.

johnhannibalsmith
10-09-2012, 03:54 PM
Let's not forget that George W. Bush blew up the Twin Towers. It isn't like this stuff is confined to an ideology.

ArlJim78
10-09-2012, 03:59 PM
Bush also steered Katrina towards New Orleans, and along with Cheney manipulated gas prices to benefit Haliburton, while Romney gave a woman cancer and is a felon who never pays any taxes.
nothing extreme or worthy of ridicule there.:rolleyes:

Hoofhearted
10-09-2012, 04:13 PM
Let's not forget that George W. Bush blew up the Twin Towers. It isn't like this stuff is confined to an ideology.
Very true Mr Smith !
Conspiracy theorists come in all hues and from all ideologies. ( Clearly, the various conspiracies are "back-engineered" to suit the political agendas of the particular conspiracy theorists who concoct them).
What is depressing, however, is that the madder of these conspiracy theories -- such as the one that Boxcar promoted in this thread is given credence by some who should know better and who should be able to separate fact from preposterous fiction.

johnhannibalsmith
10-09-2012, 04:18 PM
What is depressing, however, is that the madder of these conspiracy theories -- such as the one that Boxcar promoted in this thread is given credence by some who should know better and who should be able to separate fact from preposterous fiction.

I don't know... the only thing I find depressing is that conspiracy theories are so abundant, that it's a hell of a time to get away with a conspiracy.

PaceAdvantage
10-09-2012, 04:39 PM
Neither of you have anything pegged. BO is one very rotten tree, so it's perfectly reasonable to postulate (as that blogger, apparently, did very well) that the whole thing was set up as an October surprise that ended up backfiring on the administration (just like Fast & Furious did). because the crooks on the other end didn't live up to their part of the bargain. I'm not saying this is what happened per se -- I'm only saying I would not put anything past this lawless administration.

BoxcarCome on man...say it went off exactly like "they had planned." If it EVER got out what the real story was (and it would), it would be the biggest scandal in the history of the United States...do you actually think Obama is dumb enough to risk something like this, given ALL THE POLLS and all his handlers telling him how he's already WINNING the election (prior to the debate that is)...

It makes absolutely no sense.

ArlJim78
10-09-2012, 04:52 PM
is everyone missing that Boxcar said "I'm not saying this is what happened per se"?

LottaKash
10-09-2012, 04:57 PM
You're not suggesting that this lunatic-fringe-on-the-Right Boxcar individual with his ridiculous conspiracy theory and who has difficulty stringing an erudite sentence together is a "fine mind" surely LottaK, are you?
Oh wait a second .................... you are exactly suggesting just that.
Therein lies the fundamental problem for the conservative Right with these extremist rightwingers such as he .................... because they cannot be taken seriously the rightwing cause they espouse and promote will always invite ridicule.

Well Hoofhearted, your "eyes are wide shut" it seems....I believe that you missed the whole point of my contention....

History is being made as I write this, and it ain't good news, I don't think....

The Constitution is being dismantled day by day , and you and others in this country fail to see what is happening right before our very eyes....

And, yet you and so many others cling to this "fabrication of a leader" as something special, and you are unwilling to entertain any notion other than blind allegiance at all costs....But there is a cost....And soon you will see as those in previous historical periods had to learn, because their "eyes were wide shut" too...

Sieg Heil or something is just around the corner then, as I see it, it's as plain as day to me, komrad.......

PaceAdvantage
10-10-2012, 01:20 AM
is everyone missing that Boxcar said "I'm not saying this is what happened per se"?No. But he gave credence to it by not exactly dismissing it either...in fact, he thinks it's entirely POSSIBLE by his posts here in this thread.

Now, I ask you...what sane individual would think for one second this is how it was supposed to all go down, until some hopped up Libyan went way off script?

Tom
10-10-2012, 07:50 AM
Other famous conspiracy theories....

Hitler is out to take over the government and kill his opponents
The Jews are being taken away at night and killed
Saddam Hussein will murder his political opponents once he gets the chance
Estimates of Iraqi deaths based on scientific studies settle on a figure of over 1,000,000.

ArlJim78
10-10-2012, 09:47 AM
No. But he gave credence to it by not exactly dismissing it either...in fact, he thinks it's entirely POSSIBLE by his posts here in this thread.

Now, I ask you...what sane individual would think for one second this is how it was supposed to all go down, until some hopped up Libyan went way off script?
I don't buy into this particular narrative, but that doesn't mean for one minute that I trust this regime or think that they are not capable of committing crimes to support their agenda.

However, it's not like we know what happened either, they haven't been truthful, they've been in cover-up mode since the very beginning, spewing disinformation and lies. Going into cover-up mode makes it a given that conspiracy theories are going to fly.

Yes this story is a big stretch, but the truth is not a pretty picture either.

boxcar
10-10-2012, 01:05 PM
No. But he gave credence to it by not exactly dismissing it either...in fact, he thinks it's entirely POSSIBLE by his posts here in this thread.

I have a better question: What "sane individual" would place so much faith and trust in an administration that is filled with liars and lawless lowlifes? You behave as though I'm attacking their character or something. :lol: :lol:

Not only is your incredulity laughably absurd but your memory seems to keep failing you at critical moments in these discussions! Ever heard of the tail- wagging-the-dog scenarios? Or what about the fact that liberal reprobates love nothing better than to exploit a good crisis for political gain? Well...with that kind of evil mindset, who can say with certainty that they wouldn't mind creating that crisis either?

And what about Fast and Furious? Have you absolved this administration of all wrong doing in that scandal? (You do recall this scandal, right? The one in which Obama said he had zero knowledge of and then afterward invoked Executive Privilege?) If not, then don't we have a solid example before us a very botched conspiracy to create a crisis? One that was so botched that three agents lost their lives plus untold innocent Mexicans? Do you really think BO lost a night's sleep over these deaths?

I think it might be time for you to voluntarily check yourself into some psyche ward for a reality check. Your cerebral umbilical cord seems to have been severed.

Boxcar

DJofSD
10-10-2012, 01:26 PM
Tail wagging the dog: embassy security being used to protect same-sex couple.

sammy the sage
10-10-2012, 10:06 PM
Our Government thru EVERY administration has LIED, KILLED, CHEATED to obtain what-ever...

Don't believe me...ask THE indians who got blankets INFECTED w/smallpox back in the day...

PaceAdvantage
10-11-2012, 01:53 AM
I think it might be time for you to voluntarily check yourself into some psyche ward for a reality check. Your cerebral umbilical cord seems to have been severed.

BoxcarYeah, that's it...I'M the crazy one... :lol:

DJofSD
10-11-2012, 08:12 AM
Our Government thru EVERY administration has LIED, KILLED, CHEATED to obtain what-ever...

That's true. I don't believe any one has ever claimed otherwise.

But that is no reason to stand by and let evil triumph. You must always remember: All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Tom
10-11-2012, 09:21 AM
We can't change history, we can change the future.