PDA

View Full Version : Breeders' Cup Challenge Chatter

Jay Trotter
10-08-2012, 02:31 PM
This thread is for discussion specifically regarding the Overlay Publications Breeder's Cup Challenge.

Track Collector will be posting the Rules shortly. :ThmbUp:

Track Collector
10-10-2012, 01:26 PM
Rules and some additional contest info are now up under a separate "Sticky" thread.

I'm not sure what my availability will be on the contest days, but it is my hope that I can provide at least some periodic scoring throughout the day's races. :)

joeyp
10-14-2012, 10:34 PM
i want to play in this one i'll be at the breeders cup with my laptop with me and try to get my plays in

mike, im going to wear my pace-advantage shirt with my saratoga hat there at the breeders cup

hope i hit a few good ones out there and good luck to everyone in the contest

Tom
10-21-2012, 06:31 PM
Why would anyone vote NO?
Just curious?

Intend to play, but not obide by the rules? :D

LAP_520
10-22-2012, 04:40 PM
I intend to play in this contest...... very BIG Day for horse racing.

Quesmark
10-28-2012, 12:44 AM
i want to play in this one i'll be at the breeders cup with my laptop with me and try to get my plays in

joeyp;
Post all your plays in advance in the "Each Day" thread,and at least they'll be there in case distractions,or other problems crop up,and you can still make changes in the "Each Race" thread if desired.
From the rules:

Another group of participants will want to make their selections ahead of time. For them to have navigate multiple threads to make selections for each race will be a pain. Thus an EACH DAY thread will significantly minimize their efforts. This EACH DAY thread will be closed after the running of the first contest race that day, so players will still have the option to make changes under the EACH RACE threads.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98263 (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98263)

Quesmark
10-28-2012, 12:52 AM
This "Overlay Publications Breeders Cup Challenge" is too low key,and should be more widely publicized on this site.Casual viewers might miss this if they're mostly in the main racing/handicapping forums,there's no mention of it there,what's the big secret....:confused: :) :D

Jay Trotter
10-28-2012, 06:27 AM
This "Overlay Publications Breeders Cup Challenge" is too low key,and should be more widely publicized on this site.Casual viewers might miss this if they're mostly in the main racing/handicapping forums,there's no mention of it there,what's the big secret....:confused: :) :D

It's there ... see here (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98564)

dkithore
10-28-2012, 06:47 AM
Just curious?

TOM, YOU (ALLWAYS) CRACK ME UP WITH YOUR WIT.

DK

tiger rose
10-28-2012, 11:06 AM
just hoping sandy doesn't blackout us northeasters from playing this week

LAP_520
10-29-2012, 11:40 AM

mike, im going to wear my pace-advantage shirt with my saratoga hat there at the breeders cup

hope i hit a few good ones out there and good luck to everyone in the contest

Wonder if joeyp was able to get to Vegas on his airplane flight. Last I heard from him, he said he switched to leave Monday early AM from EWR (Newark, NJ).. Not sure if he even got to Newark (?)

"Sandy" is really creating a mess along the Eastern Coast of US.

Stay SAFE. !!

pktruckdriver
11-01-2012, 07:08 PM
Just curious?

Just don't double dog dare me !!!

rich2463
11-02-2012, 04:18 PM
#4 gate scratch what happens to those on #4?

Jay Trotter
11-02-2012, 04:22 PM
#4 gate scratch what happens to those on #4?You can change your bet as long as it gets in one minute before the official off time. If you don't get the change in you are refunded your $10.00 so it won't be a factor on your R.O.I.

Not so. Listed below is a portion of Rule#9.

Selections not posted by the required time will be scored as follows:
(a) Selections that end up winning will be scored as a no-play, or refund.
(b) All other selections will be scored as losses.

For those who have participated in our other contests, when applicable, this rule was a part of them as well.

The very late gate scratch was simply tough luck for a lot of players, including myself.

Chris

Tom
11-03-2012, 03:23 PM
What a crock - not even covering the first BC race of the day.
Cost me a bet in the contest.....assuming, wrongly, NBC would cover the whole thing. My bad for thinking they would actually cover the event competently.

Aner
11-03-2012, 05:37 PM
Please forgive this blatant red-boarding. I played a $0.50 P4 for $6 total using the picks I posted here and got back $1757.

SA 4

$5 win #3--- George Vancouver------$20.60
$5 win #11-- Dry Summer

SA 5

$10 win #9---Groupie Doll-----------$3.40

SA 6

$5 win #3---Jersey Town
$5 win #8---Tapizar-----------------$32.60

SA 7

$5 win #5---Next Question
$5 win #11--Mizdirection----------$15.80

Jay Trotter
11-03-2012, 05:45 PM
Way to go Aner. You're killing it so far today. You might have that Player of the Year title wrapped up already. :ThmbUp:

Overlay
11-09-2012, 03:26 PM
Based on the final results of the Breeders' Cup Challenge (which Overlay Publications is proud to have been given the opportunity to sponsor), as well as the outcome of the PaceAdvantage Player of the Year competition, complete sets of Overlay Publications products have just been sent out to the following individuals as a part of each player's prize package:

ceejay
Knowclew
Valupix
Red Knave
ndsc32

All sets are traceable in the (hopefully unlikely) event that any delays or other problems with delivery are encountered. Please notify me by PM if not received by the end of next week (allowing for the Federal holiday on Monday).

And why no Aner in the above list, you may be wondering? Because he previously purchased the full set of Overlay Publications products from our website back in 2010, and has since been entitled to receive (but has graciously declined) three additional sets, based on his performance in subsequent PA handicapping competitions, culminating in his new designation as the PA Player of the Year! (Mere coincidence or something more? You decide! :D )

Finally, I would like to say express my appreciation to PA, Jay Trotter, and Track Collector for all their work in the organizing, administering, and scoring of the Breeders' Cup Challenge, as well as all the other handicapping contests on PA. And a special thank you to Ted Craven of RDSS for his kind words regarding our Overlay Publications products in the Overlay Publications -- BCC Current Standings (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98882&page=4&pp=15) thread! I'm looking forward to sponsoring many more PA contests in the future.

Red Knave
11-09-2012, 06:27 PM
All sets are traceable in the (hopefully unlikely) event that any delays or other problems with delivery are encountered. Please notify me by PM if not received by the end of next week (allowing for the Federal holiday on Monday).

Thanks Overlay. As a Canadian, I likely won't see anything until at least the week after that but I will let you know if there are any issues. I'm looking forward to the material

Also
Finally, I would like to say express my appreciation to PA, Jay Trotter, and Track Collector for all their work in the organizing, administering, and scoring of the Breeders' Cup Challenge, as well as all the other handicapping contests on PA. And a special thank you to Ted Craven of RDSS
Ditto and double ditto.