PDA

View Full Version : No Figures/Program: No Problem -- 10/8 live

Itamaraca
10-08-2012, 01:32 PM
WO R2 6.5F turf

:7:, Wicket Ewok: nice move against it last out; cuts back .5F and moves to turf. Should be strong at the end.

:1:, Tapit's Brew: a bunch of nice turf races. 6.5F might be just a bit short for him, however.

:6:, Top Prospect: decent turfer; cutting back from 8F but 6.5F might be just a little short for him, as well

:2:, Red Eagle: speed and DaSilva; but I can't see this one wiring them. Unless, as evidenced by yesterday's turf sprint, there's a speed bias.

Robert Fischer
10-08-2012, 01:40 PM
surprised to see Red Eagle hang on

good pick with the 7 horse.

Red Eagle is just one of those who switches leads to lefty when exhausted. I'm putting him on the vulture list, should be a vulnerable fav next time in this class range.

Itamaraca
10-08-2012, 01:45 PM
Yeah. But I had to spread too much to get this. I played the 7 1st and 2nd in exactas and tris, so I didn't really get much in the way of a return.

I suspected, after they went 1-2 around the track (and my choice(s) ran 3rd (and 4th) to them coming off the pace) in yesterday's 9th, that there was a turf speed bias. Which explains why the 3 held on. It's clear by now, additionally, that Fairlie had some kind of edge when his horses were doing so well earlier in the meet. He's lost his drug and his horses have all collapsed.

Woodbine T-bred - Race 2
# Win Place Show
3 $4.80 $3.30 $2.20
7 . $6.10 $3.50
6 . . $2.70

$1.00 Exacta 3/7 $14.35
$1.00 Trifecta 3/7/6 $31.05

Robert Fischer
10-08-2012, 01:54 PM
speaking along those lines ... a lot of that going on in race 3 @ Belmont

the 2/5 shot :6: coming off 2 wins after a 17k claim by Steve Assmusen

the :1:had kind of some funny handling(should love a free reign today) in it's last race and Mott has found some sort of hot streak lately...

Robert Fischer
10-08-2012, 02:00 PM
was nice on the monmouth replay, you could clearly see Joe Bravo restraining star harbour after a fast natural start into a hot pace. Came again and was slightly out-gamed by a smoother trip.

but then like you say, a trainer can have hot and cold spells , and this was 2nd time out in the hot spell.

Itamaraca
10-08-2012, 02:08 PM
WO r3:

not a great betting race but given the dearth of races today, I'll go in, LIGHTLY

:4:, Stormy Voyage: filly against colts; won going 7F last time

:6:, Kips Calero: only real value in the race;

:1:, Rock Star Mia: not much but the other option was going with the other filly, #7. And I don't do Lynch/Contreras.

Itamaraca
10-08-2012, 02:13 PM
The other horse to win going 7F won it. Problem for me was the 3 last moved a race that fell completely apart. Significantly better effort today.

Robert Fischer
10-08-2012, 02:26 PM
some value on :6: @ bel

edit - WTH was that? the fav:4: appeared to go wrong falling well back on the backstretch, then sweeps up to win lol. Last time the 4 had a rough trip but hung.

4-6

Itamaraca
10-08-2012, 02:30 PM
WO R4: Anywhere is the speed here but I'm gambling that something will either press her or she just can't wire these -- bias and all

:6:, Bagatelle Park: Casse/Husbands and, arguably, best turf races in the bunch. Will be very tough

will use her with

:1:, Gold Dust Lady: blinkers on (why?) and poor form lately. But her race going 7F on the turf in July is HUGE. Needs to not move too soon

:4:, Fantastic Cousin: she's okay. Some nice 7F turf races. 6F should be perfect for her.

:7:, Mo Jo Queen: wired on the AW going 7F last time. Ok 6f turf races
last year.

EDIT:

My intuition is pushing me to the :3:, Dance to the Moon. So, I'm going to play an additional exacta 6-3 and 6-3-4, 6-4-3 tris

Robert Fischer
10-08-2012, 02:37 PM
WO R4: Anywhere is the speed here but I'm gambling that something will either press her or she just can't wire these -- bias and all

:6:, Bagatelle Park: Casse/Husbands and, arguably, best turf races in the bunch. Will be very tough

will Casse have her ready to fire off 60 days ?

Itamaraca
10-08-2012, 02:43 PM
will Casse have her ready to fire off 60 days ?

No. Pitiful performance by that one. Wasted a 23:1 shot for 2nd :bang:

all my others ran except the 6

this payout will be huge for a 7 horse field

Oh, and the bias persists.

Robert Fischer
10-08-2012, 02:53 PM
belmont you have pilgrim stakes on turf 8.5f?

lot of hype from serling on the 8

i'm gonna take a long look @ 3 and 7

the 2 looked like crap to me in the paddock but has merit , and brown's lesser the -1 IMO has to be urged too much for the turn- doesn't sustain vs these

Itamaraca
10-08-2012, 02:55 PM
BEL R5:

I think the winner will come from the :1:, :7:,:8:
with the :3: the likeliest other one to get a piece.

edit: just looked at the chart for the 8's last race. It's HUGE. 8 or 7 win this

Robert Fischer
10-08-2012, 03:10 PM
late money on my :1: @ prx

Itamaraca
10-08-2012, 03:12 PM
WO R5:

:8:, Power Phil: 2nd time out; blinkers on; wide bid; stretching to 7F. Moron stays on.

:1:, San Nicola Thunder: cutting back to 7F after showing speed going 2 turns. Not established that he can get 7F but at least the angle is there.

:5:, Grand Nature: sneaky good race as chalk last out; another that has to show it can get 7F.

:6:, Johnny Neutrino: encouraging 1st race then bombed last out. Longest of the four

Robert Fischer
10-08-2012, 03:15 PM
what a ****ing piece of shit ride by Ferrer on the 1 @ prx. :bang::bang::bang:

DUMBASS goes out and duels with a 25-1 shot up the backstretch after he secures the rail into the first turn. Let that POS go!
Horse sustains MULTIPLE bids. No way the horse should even have held on, then he gets outfinished for 2nd. 3rd by a head.

had 20plc 45 show. Preciado-trnr 1st off claim and up in class. Next time the horse will be fully improved and win by 5+ if he doesn't jack him up to allowance. Jose Ferrer sucks

Itamaraca
10-08-2012, 03:17 PM
Ok. Used the :8: and :1: on top in exactas and got lucky when the :6: won the photo for 2nd. Decent number

Woodbine T-bred - Race 5
# Win Place Show
8 $6.20 $3.40 $2.30
6 . $7.60 $4.80
3 . . $7.40

$1.00 Exacta 8/6 $29.15

Itamaraca
10-08-2012, 03:18 PM
what a ****ing piece of shit ride by Ferrer on the 1 @ prx. :bang::bang::bang:

DUMBASS goes out and duels with a 25-1 shot up the backstretch after he secures the rail into the first turn. Let that POS go!
Horse sustains MULTIPLE bids. No way the horse should even have held on, then he gets outfinished for 2nd. 3rd by a head.

had 20plc 45 show. Preciado-trnr 1st off claim and up in class. Next time the horse will be fully improved and win by 5+ if he doesn't jack him up to allowance. Jose Ferrer sucks

HOld on a second, Fischer. The figure/program players don't like it when we criticize jocks here. I mean, it's not like the playalong at DT, where people actually understand trips and bash jocks all the time. Here, when we lose it's OUR fault, not the jocks. :rolleyes:

Robert Fischer
10-08-2012, 03:30 PM
hey it all evens out right? ... not gonna even out with that bum ferrer unless he puts a few good weeks of riding in a row. Not betting him again...

can i trust Ortiz to bring Clement's MTO in the money for this awful race @ Bel r 6 ??

Robert Fischer
10-08-2012, 03:49 PM
r7 could be big balloons @ Bel

:1::6::10::12: - not my pics , but these are all high powered barns @ big odds

edit - hey it's a guessing game in this one..

Itamaraca
10-08-2012, 03:53 PM
r7 could be big balloons @ Bel

The kind of racing that NYRA likes: ALL 1sters and one that turfed. :lol:

Robert Fischer
10-08-2012, 04:06 PM
12 not only has the connections, but she is very mature physically.

F pedigree, when you have a good barn and you can see with your own eyes that the horse is a standout animal compared to the field.

Itamaraca
10-08-2012, 04:13 PM
WO R7: this one comes down to which of these can get the distance. IMO, not all of them can

:7:, Archerette: broke her maiden at the distance; as good as any of these and she's a bomb. Legitimate shot at long odds. EDIT: she's getting hit and I need GT 20:1 for a win bet.

:3:, Cloud Scapes: decent late run only turf race @ FG. Getting hit, so we need to respect it and use her.

:2:, Miss Giacomo: 8.5F is probably her limit; but she's won going 8F and she's sneaky here with Skye.

:10:, Whey Sauce: Euro; 1st time starting in N.A. Who knows?

I've intentionally omitted 'figure' horses like the :4: and :5:, as I don't think they can get 8.5F.

Itamaraca
10-08-2012, 04:20 PM
that was a CRASH!!!

:9: made the lead turning for home and then collapsed. :bang:

I can't even get the #'s right: Archerette was the 9

Itamaraca
10-08-2012, 04:31 PM
BEL R8:

:3:, Fly Again: HUGE race going 7F 1st out; if she can stretch, she'll be very tough to beat.

:4:, Whatsdachances: Brown tout job; can't ignore. Not that impressed by her last race, however.

:9:, Sustained: nice run breaking her maiden last out. Will be a factor.

:7:, Wave Theory: another from Brown; not to be ignored

Robert Fischer
10-08-2012, 04:38 PM
yea 3 had the best move, but i can't tell if that race was fast enough (her target in that one)

I hate the 4 @ this price

have to pass.

Robert Fischer
10-08-2012, 04:41 PM
where did that race come from ?

Itamaraca
10-08-2012, 04:44 PM
where did that race come from ?

You can't look at races when it comes to Brown. When he takes money, which is just about always, as he never STFU, you just have to either bet his horse or pass the race.

I didn't think twice about using her strongly on top. The only other one I used on top was the 3.

Itamaraca
10-08-2012, 04:49 PM
WO r8

4 over 2/6

Robert Fischer
10-08-2012, 04:51 PM
You can't look at races when it comes to Brown. When he takes money, which is just about always, as he never STFU, you just have to either bet his horse or pass the race.

I didn't think twice about using her strongly on top. The only other one I used on top was the 3.

lol must've been 2nd time lasix...:rolleyes:

Terranova's horse Manuka Honey didn't run all that bad, I just can't foresee ever betting her in the future.

Itamaraca
10-08-2012, 04:52 PM
wtf did that race come from?

that's 3 chalks and 3 crashes for Casse/Husbands today. Two taking me down with them. Way it goes.

Robert Fischer
10-08-2012, 05:09 PM
^^ Casse needs a refill.

I'm debating whether to bet the Fav here :4: Channel Lady.
She's not(at least that day:rolleyes: ) as good as she looked winning the allowance, but she's still the one to beat.

peace preserver didn't do any running.

the 7 ski holiday can get a piece in spite of her lack of a sustained move, she does have one small move, and quality for Dominguez to guide up.

Robert Fischer
10-08-2012, 05:12 PM
10 w 25plc 50shw :4:

now the 3 takes money ...

Itamaraca
10-08-2012, 05:12 PM
WO R9:

:2:,:4:,:6:,:9:

Robert Fischer
10-08-2012, 05:15 PM
not my day today.

Itamaraca
10-08-2012, 05:15 PM
10 w 25plc 50shw :4:

now the 3 takes money ...

Sorry, haven't been paying attention.

I'm shocked. I have a double to the 3 (the only horse I used in the race) and I can't believe that it's paying almost double what it was with the 4. Why?

Why did you think the 4 was better than the 3?

Itamaraca
10-08-2012, 05:26 PM
30:1 bomb wins the 9th @ WO. :bang:

ran 3-2-7-9

Robert Fischer
10-08-2012, 05:30 PM
Sorry, haven't been paying attention.

I'm shocked. I have a double to the 3 (the only horse I used in the race) and I can't believe that it's paying almost double what it was with the 4. Why?

Why did you think the 4 was better than the 3?

Thought the 4 was was coming into her own , and the 3 had reached her potential.

The 4's win was a lot more workman-like than the announcer or the public probably saw, but the move itself was solid and the horse showed a response. All signs pointed to go.

The 3 had more class and just lost to Day at the Spa, but i wasn't crazy about her last race.

I was wrong.

Robert Fischer
10-08-2012, 05:44 PM
Jacobson has the 12 right again.

throwing a couple across on it, I also like the 11 and no real value with those two..

Itamaraca
10-08-2012, 05:47 PM
WO R10

:2:,:5:,:8:,:11:

I'm not confident that the chalk 2, Dancing With Frank, has any real advantage here. But I have to use it on top. I think both the 5, Inspired Devil, and the 11, Portomaso, have good chances at long odds. The 8, Western Tune, is probably as good as the 2 also but not as much value as the 5 and 11. I went to the 8 over the 6, It's Goodtobe Duke, and, hopefully, the 6 doesn't break up my exotics.

Robert Fischer
10-08-2012, 05:53 PM
attard has been kind of hot lately

horse had a little move last time pre-turn. If he improves and gets that good trip again, be in good shape w/ the 2

late money crushes the 2

Tom
10-08-2012, 09:46 PM
HOld on a second, Fischer. The figure/program players don't like it when we criticize jocks here. I mean, it's not like the playalong at DT, where people actually understand trips and bash jocks all the time. Here, when we lose it's OUR fault, not the jocks. :rolleyes:

Bash jocks????

PaceAdvantage
10-08-2012, 10:33 PM
HOld on a second, Fischer. The figure/program players don't like it when we criticize jocks here. I mean, it's not like the playalong at DT, where people actually understand trips and bash jocks all the time. Here, when we lose it's OUR fault, not the jocks. :rolleyes:I particularly like the fact that you believe you're not using figures or a program... :lol:

What produces the fat charts and the figures used to make said charts?

An etch-a-sketch and letters from the alphabet?

castaway01
10-10-2012, 10:58 AM

I'm surprised you still don't get it. The reason you get mocked for criticizing rides is because the horses you bet ONLY get bad rides and you NEVER lose a bet because you picked the wrong horse. It shows your limited understanding of the game because you NEVER point out "My horse won but I was lucky because the second-place horse got a really bad trip." Humility isn't a word you seem to understand. When you win, you're a genius, and when you lose, it's someone else's fault. The day you point out how you won because ANOTHER horse other than the one you bet got a bad trip, or your horse got a great ride, then your comments will be something more than your usual whining, cursing, and vulgarity.

ArlJim78
10-10-2012, 12:18 PM
He hits a $30 exacta and wants you to believe that nobody playing with figures or programs came up with it also. I have to admit though that his threads are quite entertaining and comical. every win he's a genius, every loss is a dumb rider. comedy gold.

castaway01
10-10-2012, 03:39 PM
He hits a $30 exacta and wants you to believe that nobody playing with figures or programs came up with it also. I have to admit though that his threads are quite entertaining and comical. every win he's a genius, every loss is a dumb rider. comedy gold.

The sad thing is, as I've said in the past, the guy is pretty sharp compared to some making picks here. It's just hard to applaud anyone who is already using one hand to pat himself on the back and the other to slap you for not bowing before him.

ArlJim78
10-10-2012, 05:03 PM
The sad thing is, as I've said in the past, the guy is pretty sharp compared to some making picks here. It's just hard to applaud anyone who is already using one hand to pat himself on the back and the other to slap you for not bowing before him.
I'm aware of that, he's got a decent knack for watching trips, etc. no question.
but all the jabber about figure players using programs not knowing what they're doing and other such bravado and taunting, its a bit over the top.

Itamaraca
10-10-2012, 07:14 PM
All of my friends are here. :lol:

All those paying for someone else's program/figures/whatever, somehow, seem to always take it personally when it's pointed out to them that they do. :lol:

Of course, none of them ever join in for some LIVE play, either.

I know that if I'd had a recent run like this:

18 day total
won $933
wagered $978
profit -$47
winners 59
return .95

or had gotten WIPED OUT in the contest: something like $500 wagered and, I don't know, $18 returned :lol::lol:

I wouldn't want to do any LIVE play either. :rolleyes:

Later, boys

speed
10-10-2012, 07:58 PM
PA, is it time to list all of Itamaraca's previous board names?

PaceAdvantage
10-11-2012, 01:58 AM
PA, is it time to list all of Itamaraca's previous board names?As soon as he admits he IS using a program that IS using figures to help him in his handicapping.

sammy the sage
10-11-2012, 08:40 AM
As soon as he admits he IS using a program that IS using figures to help him in his handicapping.

Reverse black-mail :confused:

Solid_Gold
10-11-2012, 03:34 PM
Anyone ever notice that those slamming the selectors rarely if ever post their own selections? Makes it kinda easy don't it?

Itamaraca, keep doing what your doing. It pisses them off even more! :jump:

duncan04
10-11-2012, 04:33 PM
Anyone ever notice that those slamming the selectors rarely if ever post their own selections? Makes it kinda easy don't it?

Itamaraca, keep doing what your doing. It pisses them off even more! :jump:

Says the guy posting 4 horses a race. :rolleyes:

PaceAdvantage
10-12-2012, 01:45 AM

Itamaraca, keep doing what your doing. It pisses them off even more! :jump:Who's them? :lol:

And since when is laughter misconstrued as being pissed off? :lol: :lol:

edgar
10-12-2012, 03:49 PM
No Figures/Program: No Problem

If by that you are saying that you can intelligently wager on horse races without even a glance at the past performances color me dubious.