PDA

View Full Version : Just for fun

Actor
10-08-2012, 12:28 PM
My very unscientific election predictions.

The pollsters will not be able to predict the election by the Monday before. The undecideds will remain undecided until the last minute.
If the undecideds split their vote more or less down the middle then Obama will win, but they will not. They will, pretty much en mass, vote one way or the other and so decide the election.
The CNN map has three states "leaning Obama:" New Mexico, Michigan and Pennsylvania. Likewise three states are "leaning Romney:" Arizona, Missouri and Indiana. At least one of these states will flip and vote the other way.
We will not know the results on Wednesday because there will be a recount in Florida or Ohio or both.
Whoever wins in the Electoral College will not win the popular vote.

rastajenk
10-08-2012, 01:45 PM
I think your fourth bullet is a near certainty. Recent judges' rulings in Ohio are not just courting disaster, they are welcoming it with open arms. It's going to be close enough that the count, and recounts, will be lengthy and ugly.

rastajenk
10-26-2012, 07:50 AM
The Cincinnati Enquirer is picking up on what I've been laying down:

In this piece (http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20121026/NEWS0106/310260047/Polling-location-ruling-expanded?odyssey=mod%7Cnewswell%7Ctext%7CFRONTPAGE %7Cs&nclick_check=1), the concept of "right church, wrong pew" is expanded to "right county, completely wrong church." Absolutely untenable. An invitation to chaos. As long as you have poll workers willing to accept a provisional, and the 2010 Hamilton Co. Juvenile Court Judge race proves that there are, you can vote anywhere. Why even have precincts?

And this comes on top of yesterday's Ohio's Nightmare Scenario (http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20121025/NEWS010601/310250037&Ref=AR), which explains how there will be even more provisional ballots than ever:

1) Every registered voter was sent an invitation to request an absentee ballot.
2) If you request an absentee ballot but neglect to use it, deciding later perhaps that it's just as easy to vote on Election Day, you must vote provisionally.
3)" By state law, provisional ballots may not be counted until at least Nov. 17."

If that's not a recipe for a clusterfook of historic proportions, I don't know what is. The only way it won't be is if one candidate clobbers the other by a margin beyond what any pre-vote poll indicates. I sure wouldn't bet on that.

HUSKER55
10-26-2012, 10:00 AM
is it just me or do you guys also smell some "hanky panky" going on :confused: