View Full Version : Stewart/O'Reilly

bigmack
10-07-2012, 06:00 PM
Didn't see it. S'pose I will now.

Here she blows..The whole schmear.

A051B-uPopM

PaceAdvantage
10-07-2012, 07:26 PM
I watched 34 minutes and had to stop...O'Reily was getting his ass kicked almost as badly as Obama did...and overall, I was getting too bored to continue...

bigmack
10-07-2012, 07:48 PM
Should have previewed before I posted it. Felt the same way.

After a few minutes of watching Stewart go up & down it was completely feckless.

What an embarrassment to my illustrious thread starting record.

Good time for me to take a good long look in the mirror and pensively ax myself, why?

Why? ...

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_let12qDTlv1qe0eclo1_r3_500.gif

johnhannibalsmith
10-07-2012, 08:01 PM
I had nothing better to do, so I watched it all. I'm not a big O'Reilly fan because the only time he ever makes something resembling a point is when he's in monologue mode. He gets guests on his show that are more qualified to answer his questions than he is and yet, he wants to answer his own questions and usually sounds dopey doing it.

This was actually a pretty good format for him to demonstrate his chops and Stewart is just way quicker on his feet than O'Reilly is. By the end of it, O'Reilly was trying not to be combatitive much at all with Stewart because he just couldn't keep up with Stewart's wit. Once he slowed down and tired out a bit, he was actually better, but mainly because it seemed his ego had been a bit deflated. To his credit, Stewart toned down too and it actually was mildly interesting towards the end where both admonished a discourse where people can't admit their differences are just differences and actually be problem solvers instead of peddling rhetoric and refusing to listen to others.

I surely would have been annoyed if I had paid money to watch it, but it wasn't terrible. Better than actually watching the Factor.