PDA

View Full Version : SLEW'S FAST HORSES FOR SUN. 10/7

MeSlew
10-06-2012, 10:03 PM
Hello All! A terrific day of racing today. For Sunday, another full roster of races on Slew's mind. To wit:

Belmont - 1,2,3,5,7,9,10
Monmouth - 5,6,7,8
SantaAnita - 1,2,4,5,6,7,8,9
Keeneland - 2,3,7,8,9
Woodbine - 6,9
Calder - 8

Today was a busy day for Slew and there were some interesting ways to take home a payday. My personal favorite was betting against Dullihan in the pick 3 that ended with the Jamacia (G1) and a KING sized exacta which included a son of one of my favorite horses, King Cugat. Or at Keeneland, making the WISE choice (at $0.60 on the dollar) in the 9th and using select Slew horses underneath...for a $66 exacta. Or at Santa Anita, using the OBVIOUS horse in race 3 along with two Slew singles in races 4 and 5 for an easy $100 pick 3 for each $2 invested. Or if you prefer, boxing the 4 Slew horses in race 9 at Santa Anita for a $778 super for each dollar bet. All wonderful ways to pad your bank roll for Breeders Cup. Or for tomorrow.

Today was a rare feast in the horse racing game and to celebrate...I'm taking tomorrow off. But if you are still in, get to the website and see if anything strikes you for Sunday. Also note that another horse from that 4th race on 9/1 at Saratoga is running at Belmont tomorrow. She is listed on the Slew daily file as a key horse. She WON that race as the favorite, so check her out carefully:

Lily the Pink - Bel ( 1) SAR 09/01/12 # 4

And don't forget that there is Monday racing for several tracks on Slew's list.

Enjoy the Sunday racing and as always...good luck and good 'capping!

edgar
10-06-2012, 10:24 PM
The first two days of Kee class has been winning everything. Six of the ten winners today were the top class horse in the field. Quite a few exactas on Friday were pure class boxes. For a speed capper like me that says watch and wait until something changes. Good luck tomorrow.

MeSlew
10-07-2012, 10:16 AM
I think you have to expect this in a premier meeting such as Keeneland, which is so short. So many high class horses are pointed to run in such a compressed time frame that class will tend to prevail more than other meets.

However, I think that (even!) a speed handicapper can work with that and the Wise Dan race yesterday is a perfect example. You can handicap the place horse, much as you would a win horse, and get great odds for him or her to beat the "rest of the field". Screw the classy winner. Your odds are against the winner, which made a $23.00 place payoff and a $66.00 exacta with a horse that paid 3.50 on top.
I was 'shocked' that Wilcox Inn was 44-1 until I reminded myself that those odds were against the $$$ bet on Wise Dan...and not the rest of the field.

You won't always get 12-1 to place. But a classy horse will skew the odds in your favor if you have a legit "winner" against the rest who is a throw-out for most of the crowd. Makes for a surprising exacta "win" bet and for an interesting day while you are watching and waiting!

Enjoy the meet and thanks for taking the time to write! - Slew