PDA

View Full Version : Trade show

teddy
10-04-2012, 09:57 AM
Going to do a trade show for about 100 people next week and was trying to find an idea to promote them to sign up to my company... thought there was a fair chance that someone on here might have done trade shows. My product will make them lots of money of course.

Option one was buy 20 get 20 free, to get them on board and buying from me.

option two.. give them 10 free and an order form when they sell the 10 they can buy from me.

option 3 give them a pen with a coupon for the above offers.

any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

HUSKER55
10-04-2012, 10:26 AM
who is the end user? The people at the show or the people who buy from the people at the show?

Bettowin
10-04-2012, 11:05 AM
If your product will make them lots of money why give anything out free? Emphasize how and why your product will make them money. How can they say no? No idea what the product is and if your competition can do the same but from the very limited information given it's hard to comment effectively.

HandyKapper
10-04-2012, 11:58 AM
Having been in the business world my entire career, anyinfo given to you probably will be of little help. Without knowing the type ofproduct, the clientele you are targeting, the margins or even a piece of yourbusiness plan it is impractical to suggest scenarios that might benefit yourstartup. I have been extremely fortunate, having started four separate businessesfrom scratch. It is a tough road, with some hard work and long hours butwouldn't have had it any other way. In the end, the success I hope you willfind is like no other feeling you would have enjoyed. Well, maybe a 50-1winner.

The best of luck in your new endeavor. :ThmbUp:

Willard

teddy
10-04-2012, 03:19 PM
who is the end user? The people at the show or the people who buy from the people at the show?
Its a product jailors sell to inmates. Yes they make a huge margin if they even turn in the money at all. Who knows.. once they get started they wont stop is my thought because they cant buy them cheaper anywhere else and they are wildly popular.. So I was thinking even if it cost me money to start with, it would be recouped quickly. Key is to get them started!

TJDave
10-04-2012, 03:40 PM
Its a product jailors sell to inmates.

Condoms?

bigmack
10-04-2012, 03:43 PM
Condoms?
No, Silly. Metal files.

http://www.atvconnection.com/Features/images/Metal_File.jpg

TJDave
10-04-2012, 03:50 PM
No, Silly. Metal files.

http://www.atvconnection.com/Features/images/Metal_File.jpg

Looks painful.

I'd definitely offer a condom with that.

bigmack
10-04-2012, 03:53 PM
Looks painful.

I'd definitely offer a condom with that.
:lol:

You're demented.

Tom
10-04-2012, 03:59 PM
Two words, Teddy:

Booze
Hookers

Proven winners.

bigmack
10-04-2012, 04:01 PM
Two words, Teddy:

Booze
Hookers

Proven winners.
Bingo. Key chains & bidness cards attached to call girls.

TJDave
10-04-2012, 04:05 PM
You're demented.

It's called product adaptation.

I would suggest a more ergonomic handle, though. Maybe even a left-handed model. There's more but I'd need a retainer agreement.

bigmack
10-04-2012, 04:14 PM
It's called product adaptation.

I would suggest a more ergonomic handle, though. Maybe even a left-handed model. There's more but I'd need a retainer agreement.
Tell Ted he shouldn't give away as many as they poichase. Let's people know the mark-up is exponential.
--
I get a kick out of that Restaurant Impossible with Capt. Steroids. I figure you'd have a ball doing that. What, with kickin' ass & takin' names.

http://img.foodnetwork.com/FOOD/2008/08/19/robert-irvine_med.jpg

TJDave
10-04-2012, 04:45 PM
I get a kick out of that Restaurant Impossible with Capt. Steroids. I figure you'd have a ball doing that. What, with kickin' ass & takin' names.

I believe 99% of the bluster is, in fact, staged. I say this because I've seen more than my share of kitchen stabbings.

I know the guy who does Bar Rescue a bit. He'll swear it's all real.

The first liar doesn't stand a chance, I say. ;)

HUSKER55
10-04-2012, 06:23 PM
that is one nasty file. did you notice it can be attached to a drill.

that condom might need some lubricant :D

teddy
10-04-2012, 09:25 PM
easily the best thread ideas ever.. now im going to switch products to a file with a condom on it

bigmack
10-04-2012, 09:29 PM
easily the best thread ideas ever.. now im going to switch products to a file with a condom on it
Spill without fear of "theft of idea." I suspect a few of us could help in your marketing efforts without you having to worry about such bosh.

Is the ONLY target market JAILERS ?

teddy
10-04-2012, 09:31 PM
Also thought of a drawing where everyone was a winner , tell them they all won and send them 20 each maybe and then once they sold them and got flush, they would be hooked into it. Let them get used to getting the cash. Probably make 200 with them the first day.

teddy
10-04-2012, 09:37 PM
Spill without fear of "theft of idea." I suspect a few of us could help in your marketing efforts without you having to worry about such bosh.

Is the ONLY target market JAILERS ?

Yes just jailers, cant spill it but I appreciate your offer of help. Suffice it to say that they profit $7 each and can easily sell 100 a week.. so its big money for an elected official in a small town. Just have to hook them on the product, which should be easy after one round of sales.

bigmack
10-04-2012, 10:07 PM
Yes just jailers, cant spill it but I appreciate your offer of help. Suffice it to say that they profit $7 each and can easily sell 100 a week.. so its big money for an elected official in a small town. Just have to hook them on the product, which should be easy after one round of sales.
"Jailers" are typically county employees. They don't look much at profit/loss. They look more at clocks & pension statements.

You ain't sellin' NOTHIN' to NOBODY as a county employee. Who are they supposedly selling these items to; THE INCARCERATED?

Dave Schwartz
10-04-2012, 10:39 PM
I am in the wrong business...

:bang: