PDA

View Full Version : Deshawn Parker

DigitalDownsJoe
10-03-2012, 06:30 PM
So this guy totally owns Mountaineer. I rarely see him blow rides. Yes, he gets a lot of great mounts, but he is truly talented. How do you think he would fair now at a bigger track? Do you think he could compete? I think he is one of the best stalking jockeys. He knows how to get his horse right to the right spot very quickly without wearing his horse out..Just my 2 cents..With that being said, I have the worst luck betting him or against him. He is my nemesis :)

lamboguy
10-03-2012, 06:43 PM
So this guy totally owns Mountaineer. I rarely see him blow rides. Yes, he gets a lot of great mounts, but he is truly talented. How do you think he would fair now at a bigger track? Do you think he could compete? I think he is one of the best stalking jockeys. He knows how to get his horse right to the right spot very quickly without wearing his horse out..Just my 2 cents..With that being said, I have the worst luck betting him or against him. He is my nemesis :)he's real good. he had a decent meet at presque isles this year as well. he wasn't on as many horses as you would want to see him on, but he was riding full time at the mountain and had to work horses there in the mornings. he also won an Ohio bred stake race for Timmy Hamm.

he is going to ride the Tampa meet full time this year. he should do well because some of the top riders are not going to be there this year.

nat1223
10-03-2012, 07:09 PM
he would not survive at any big name track like new york, cali, etc.. he is a great rider at mountaineer that i will give him.

proximity
10-03-2012, 07:27 PM
.With that being said, I have the worst luck betting him or against him. He is my nemesis :)

this...

davew
10-03-2012, 07:48 PM
He's like Baze in NoCal, you always got to look at what they are riding in the race, and they usually kill the price on horse.

For riders that dominate a circuit, they have many talents but they also have an agent that is one of the best judges of horseflesh on the circuit as well.

Moving to a bigger purse circuit is always a risk - getting decent mounts at new place and losing contacts/domination at old place.

DigitalDownsJoe
10-03-2012, 09:00 PM
This was really brought to my attention watching that show "jockeys". Its all about who you know, and what have you done for me lately. But from what I understand, there is a lot of disappointment in jockeys. Think about it, how often do trainers expect to win, and a bad little run from a jockey could put them in the doghouse, and leave a trainer looking for fresh blood. I watch a lot of racing, and this guy is special. The most wins in all of horse racing the last 2 years. I think he will own Tampa. If he doesnt win the meet there, I will be surprised :)

nat1223
10-03-2012, 09:07 PM
This was really brought to my attention watching that show "jockeys". Its all about who you know, and what have you done for me lately. But from what I understand, there is a lot of disappointment in jockeys. Think about it, how often do trainers expect to win, and a bad little run from a jockey could put them in the doghouse, and leave a trainer looking for fresh blood. I watch a lot of racing, and this guy is special. The most wins in all of horse racing the last 2 years. I think he will own Tampa. If he doesnt win the meet there, I will be surprised :)

he has had trouble in tampa in the past so it will be interesting to see how he does.

Chris Longshot
10-03-2012, 09:27 PM
The Mountaineer jockey colony these days are just God awful, just check the entries if you don't believe me. Parker is a great Mountaineer jock and always will be. When you put him on horses with upper profile trainers running against locals who havent won a race since Waterford Park, it stands to reason he's winning night after night with 3/5 shots. Rarely do I see Deshawn improve a horse that wasn't a lock to win, he doesn't get a lot of opportunities on longer priced horses but from what he gets, Im not impressed, then again, I rarely look at Mountaineer the way I did years ago.

rubicon55
10-03-2012, 09:39 PM
The Mountaineer jockey colony these days are just God awful, just check the entries if you don't believe me. Parker is a great Mountaineer jock and always will be. When you put him on horses with upper profile trainers running against locals who havent won a race since Waterford Park, it stands to reason he's winning night after night with 3/5 shots. Rarely do I see Deshawn improve a horse that wasn't a lock to win, he doesn't get a lot of opportunities on longer priced horses but from what he gets, Im not impressed, then again, I rarely look at Mountaineer the way I did years ago.

I can't agree more. Parker is only as good as his mounts. Does poorly on mid and longshots.

mannyberrios
10-03-2012, 09:49 PM
If you can make it at Mountineer, you can make it anywhere

Stillriledup
10-03-2012, 09:59 PM
Deshawn can ride anywhere, but the key is that a lot of where you sit in the standings at any given track is largely a product of how well liked your agent is how good your agent is.

I remember Dana Whitney came to California a bunch of years ago and could barely get a mount, even though he was a top guy at Mountaineer also.

nat1223
10-03-2012, 10:31 PM
Deshawn can ride anywhere, but the key is that a lot of where you sit in the standings at any given track is largely a product of how well liked your agent is how good your agent is.

I remember Dana Whitney came to California a bunch of years ago and could barely get a mount, even though he was a top guy at Mountaineer also.

Of course he can ride anywhere, however he would not perform very well at all at the bigger tracks where the top jockeys ride. of course he wouldn't get the top mounts at those tracks but i cant see him performing well even if he got semi top mounts

tcasolo
10-05-2012, 06:08 PM
"If you can make it at Mountineer, you can make it anywhere"

Winter meet @ Tampa Bay this year he had 2 wins from 69 starts. Not much to write home about.

DigitalDownsJoe
10-05-2012, 06:43 PM
I would like to see how he does this time around..I expect him to get some better mounts..

sammy the sage
10-05-2012, 07:56 PM
Riding w/the BIg boys at Santa Anita Sat...1 mount in the 9th...70k race...

DigitalDownsJoe
10-05-2012, 08:33 PM
Horse is 8/1 and is this its first start in 2012?