PDA

View Full Version : Unique campaign stunt. Gas prices

JustRalph
10-02-2012, 12:30 AM
http://www.mlive.com/business/mid-michigan/index.ssf/2012/10/hundreds_line_up_for_184_gas_a.html

PaceAdvantage
10-02-2012, 12:43 AM
And that's another thing. Bush took throngs of shit for rising gas prices...every time the price went up, another thread on here criticized the cause of higher prices on Bush supposedly gaming the price for his "big oil buddies."

Now we see how high the price is under Obama (and really...why is it this high? West Texas Crude Oil hasn't gone much beyond $100 a barrel since I can remember, and yet the prices at the pump are almost as high as they were when oil was near $140 a barrel in early 2008).

So where are all the critics blaming Obama for the high prices at the pump?

No more critics about continuing troop deaths in Afghanistan...no more critics about SKY HIGH gas prices...and some are going to tell me FOX is the most biased media outlet because of what they report?

How about the rest of the media and what they now REFUSE to report?

Tom
10-02-2012, 07:48 AM
We live in Camelot, PA....Obama said so.
So did his flock of pillaging parrots who post here.

elysiantraveller
10-02-2012, 09:58 AM
And that's another thing. Bush took throngs of shit for rising gas prices...every time the price went up, another thread on here criticized the cause of higher prices on Bush supposedly gaming the price for his "big oil buddies."

Now we see how high the price is under Obama (and really...why is it this high? West Texas Crude Oil hasn't gone much beyond $100 a barrel since I can remember, and yet the prices at the pump are almost as high as they were when oil was near $140 a barrel in early 2008).

No more critics about continuing troop deaths in Afghanistan...no more critics about SKY HIGH gas prices...and some are going to tell me FOX is the most biased media outlet because of what they report?

How about the rest of the media and what they now REFUSE to report?

Its really wild. When I was still in high school I was told by my economics teacher about the "gas wars" between stations and how they were a thing of the past...

In the past couple of months I have seen more gas wars than I have in the previous decade. At least 1 a week.

Striker
10-02-2012, 11:38 AM
Didn't Obama say in a speech that he wants to see gas prices high, as that shows a strong economy?

mostpost
10-02-2012, 12:13 PM
More nonsense from the right. Bush policies had nothing to do with the low price of gasoline at the end of 2008. The collapse of the oil bubble had everything to do with it. On July 4, 2008 a barrel of oil was selling for $145.08. On January 16 the cost was $36.51 a barrel. The high point during the Bush Administration was $4.12 for a gallon of Gas. (That is a national average-prices were higher in certain areas.) The national average has never been that high during Obama's term.

It is true that prices have tended to be higher overall during Obama's term than during Bush's term, but comparing gas prices now with the price in December of 2008 is very disingenuous.

TJDave
10-02-2012, 12:39 PM

Really?

This needs to be brought to someone's attention?

People aren't aware of high prices? :rolleyes:

Tom
10-02-2012, 12:48 PM
Obama wants gas prices to be the same as in Europe.

Tom
10-02-2012, 12:49 PM
More nonsense from the right.

Wrong again.
It was THE topic around here for quite a while.
Do a search.
Bush and Cheney. And all their oil buddies.

bigmack
10-02-2012, 12:55 PM
comparing gas prices now with the price in December of 2008 is very disingenuous.
This, coming from the KING of grabbing a calculator and tearing into past presidential numbers and tax rates from 50 years ago without a THOUGHT to the nuances OF the numbers.

Oh, Magoo, you've done it again!

http://blog.reidreport.com/uploaded_images/mrmagoo-718883.jpg

senortout
10-02-2012, 03:22 PM
Wish I had the gasoline that was wasted in that c....f....k.

See here's the thing....let those babies sit in the driveway once in a while.

PaceAdvantage
10-02-2012, 03:39 PM
More nonsense from the right. Bush policies had nothing to do with the low price of gasoline at the end of 2008. The collapse of the oil bubble had everything to do with it. On July 4, 2008 a barrel of oil was selling for $145.08. On January 16 the cost was $36.51 a barrel. The high point during the Bush Administration was $4.12 for a gallon of Gas. (That is a national average-prices were higher in certain areas.) The national average has never been that high during Obama's term.

It is true that prices have tended to be higher overall during Obama's term than during Bush's term, but comparing gas prices now with the price in December of 2008 is very disingenuous.Nonsense? You just said it yourself...prices are HIGHER overall during Obama's term, even though oil hasn't sniffed anywhere close to $140.

Gas at my pump is OVER $4 for REGULAR. This is about the price it was when oil was sitting at its HIGH back at $140.

I'm not really asking WHY prices are so high relative to the price of oil. I'm asking WHY there isn't this CONSTANT CRITICISM OF OBAMA as the man responsible for these HIGH PRICES, like there was with Bush.

Rise Over Run
10-02-2012, 08:36 PM
We live in Camelot, PA....Obama said so.

Never heard of that town. Is it near Wilkes Barre?

Tom
10-02-2012, 09:52 PM
:lol: Good one!

dartman51
10-02-2012, 11:56 PM

I think it's somewhere between Intercourse and Climax, south of Paradise and just a little north of Puseyville. ;)