PDA

View Full Version : Sanchez/Tebow

bigmack
10-01-2012, 12:29 AM
Curious to see how this breaks.

Shut it down this time Weds.

(PA - Hep me on the poll spell o' Teebow)

Stillriledup
10-01-2012, 01:13 AM
Its not a Sanchez problem, its a culture problem and a lack of good players problem. This is a bad team who is 2-2 on the year so far and just lost to one of the best teams in the entire NFL, i dont see why a QB change needs to be made. You can't make diamonds out of horse manure.

ceejay
10-01-2012, 01:53 PM
You can't make diamonds out of horse manure.
Actually, you can. It just takes a few million years. :D

Valuist
10-01-2012, 03:22 PM
Tebow may not be the long term answer but he may be the short term answer. Without Holmes and Keller, they are lacking weapons. Tebow does present a different challenge for the defense. Its obvious they need a spark.

bigmack
10-01-2012, 07:02 PM
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/NewYorkJetsgiveMarkSanchezvoteofconfidenceasTimTeb owwaits-NFLNews-FOXSportsonMSN.png

What's the downside of rolling in Tebow; Sanchez gets his ego bruised?

elysiantraveller
10-01-2012, 09:23 PM
What's the downside of rolling in Tebow; Sanchez gets his ego bruised?

He sucks.

bigmack
10-01-2012, 09:57 PM
He sucks.
That explains why he's without a goilfriend, as Sanchez finds himself with Eva Longorigong. (How bothersome is she?)

http://instantrimshot.com/

horses4courses
10-01-2012, 11:19 PM
With over 140,000 votes in, an ESPN poll is 60% in favor of Tebow.
52% Sanchez here at PA.

One of those babies must be skewed....... ;)

JustRalph
10-02-2012, 12:19 AM
Will Rex Ryan ride that Sanchez pony all the way to the unemployment line?

Whomever approved the Tebow pickup invited chaos and should be flogged

Relwob Owner
10-02-2012, 12:46 AM
Will Rex Ryan ride that Sanchez pony all the way to the unemployment line?

Whomever approved the Tebow pickup invited chaos and should be flogged

Agreed.....also, I believe they signed Sanchez to an extension when they really didn't need to and if so, that decision has to be questioned as well.

JustRalph
10-02-2012, 04:18 AM
Agreed.....also, I believe they signed Sanchez to an extension when they really didn't need to and if so, that decision has to be questioned as well.

an extension? I didn't know that. Now it's even worse........ :lol:

Nice to hear from you Relwob, hope you are well.

rastajenk
10-02-2012, 07:16 AM
There's no option for "Other?" :p

Relwob Owner
10-02-2012, 08:42 AM
an extension? I didn't know that. Now it's even worse........ :lol:

Nice to hear from you Relwob, hope you are well.

Right back at ya.... :ThmbUp:

mountainman
10-02-2012, 05:59 PM
Not a question of who's better, it's abt which guy is less glaringly incompetent. Neither has the requisite sklls to be even a mediocre nfl quarterback. And i'm not late to the party in piling on sanchez. I've been down on the guy forever. He just isn't a pro-caliber quarterback. And tebow throws like a little girl.

Whoever scouts talent for the jets should be canned.

Rookies
10-02-2012, 06:37 PM
NEITHER, of course.

One needs God's help and the other?

God help him! :lol:

DRIVEWAY
10-02-2012, 08:08 PM
The Jets are 2-2 so far. It's early in the season. Stick with Sanchez and hope for the best. If the season takes a turn for the worst( 3 games under .500) then try Tebow.

If you bench Sanchez then you'll be cutting him or trading him in the off-season. Remember how frustrating the first 4 years of Eli Manning were for the Giants. Then bam out of nowhere the coaches modified the game plan and he blossomed into a Super Bowl MVP.

Either way the Jets will need to draft or trade for a QB if they give up on Sanchez. They may also need to trade Tebow if they draft a QB.

At which point T-Rex may go the way of the Dinosaur.

Hosshead
10-02-2012, 11:32 PM
It's funny, (looking at the fan poll) the only time anyone wants Tebow to start, is when .... " It Can't Get Any Worse" !

He's a great guy, just give him a different position to play.

newtothegame
10-03-2012, 02:15 AM
The Jets are 2-2 so far. It's early in the season. Stick with Sanchez and hope for the best. If the season takes a turn for the worst( 3 games under .500) then try Tebow.

If you bench Sanchez then you'll be cutting him or trading him in the off-season. Remember how frustrating the first 4 years of Eli Manning were for the Giants. Then bam out of nowhere the coaches modified the game plan and he blossomed into a Super Bowl MVP.

Either way the Jets will need to draft or trade for a QB if they give up on Sanchez. They may also need to trade Tebow if they draft a QB.

At which point T-Rex may go the way of the Dinosaur.
Somehow I am feeling like I have been down this road before.....(dizzing or de ja vous),
Driveway, a serious question. Why when people talk of Sanchez, they somehow try to relate SUPERBOWL caliber qb's into the conversation???
This guy is NOT nor will he EVER be ELI, Peyton, BREES, BRADY....none of the above. And, if you look past the NY limelight, you will see this guy is barely on the mediocre list. If it weren't for the Jets defense the past two or three, their record would be much worse.
Sanchez is a head case!!!

newtothegame
10-03-2012, 02:40 AM
Yeah, I was pretty sure went down that road about sanchez before....
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78008&page=10&pp=15&highlight=Sanchez

Stillriledup
10-03-2012, 07:53 AM
Sanchez has his team tied for first place. When the Jets had better players, Sanchez took them to the title game as a very young QB.

Everything in NY seems to be Sanchez's fault, that's a large burden for anyone to overcome.

Im not saying Sanchez is as good as Eli or Peyton or even Drew Brees, but he's a talented young QB who is very underrated and is just in a horrible situation. Now, with Santonio out for the year, its not going to get any better.

DRIVEWAY
10-03-2012, 08:40 AM
Somehow I am feeling like I have been down this road before.....(dizzing or de ja vous),
Driveway, a serious question. Why when people talk of Sanchez, they somehow try to relate SUPERBOWL caliber qb's into the conversation???
This guy is NOT nor will he EVER be ELI, Peyton, BREES, BRADY....none of the above. And, if you look past the NY limelight, you will see this guy is barely on the mediocre list. If it weren't for the Jets defense the past two or three, their record would be much worse.
Sanchez is a head case!!!

You're probably right about his potential as far as Peyton, Brees and Brady is concerned. But can he be a profession level QB in the top 10 let's say? I believe the jury is still out.

Eli has been with the Giants for 9 years. The first 3 years and 14 games were
seriously flawed. The Giants had to be on the verge of giving up. Eli is now a veteren QB in the top 10 each year. He's still not as good as Brady, Brees or Peyton.

The benching of Sanchez for Tebow will mean giving up and starting over. Is the time right? Did Sanchez have a fair chance? Does he have the right tools on offense?

His performance is mediocre at best. In all fairness he's in the bottom 10 or even 5 starters. How much is Sanchez and how much is the team's offensive scheme and execution?

Rex said the coaches must evaluate what they're doing. Adjust the game plan to take advantage of the tools you have and limit Sanchez to the things he does best.

If the coaches believe Sanchez has given up or can't execute a game plan, then make a change. The coaches and QB must sink or swim together.

Remember it's darkest before the dawn.

Robert Fischer
10-03-2012, 09:19 AM
Sanchez could be a serviceable backup for most of the teams in the league.

His contract needs to be re-worked for the Jets or ANY team to afford him as a backup QB.

As unbelievable as it may seem, the Jets actually EXTENDED his contract in March for 3 more Years @ 40.5 million dollars. He still has 1 or 2 years on his 1st contract.

In order to re-work his contract or release him, there is still going to be at least some (if not a LARGE amount) of a Cap-hit, as well as Guaranteed money that the Jets will owe.

In other words there's a good chance that the Jets can't afford to release him.

There best hope is to run the ball a lot and be very conservative for four years. They have a shot to do better at controlling time of possession, and field position. In four or five years when Sanchez's contract is over, the Jets can buy a serviceable starter or start new in the draft.

rastajenk
10-03-2012, 09:47 AM
In other words, while good young QB's are coming into the league by the truckload, the Jets are investing 10 years into a guy who has been no better than Palmer or Leinart, two other SC studs who never came close to their potential.

Brady won't be around forever, and the other two teams in the division aimed low in going with their QB's, so maybe it will work out for them. But I'm glad I'm not a J E T S Jets Jets Jets fan.

newtothegame
10-04-2012, 12:18 AM
In other words, while good young QB's are coming into the league by the truckload, the Jets are investing 10 years into a guy who has been no better than Palmer or Leinart, two other SC studs who never came close to their potential.

Brady won't be around forever, and the other two teams in the division aimed low in going with their QB's, so maybe it will work out for them. But I'm glad I'm not a J E T S Jets Jets Jets fan.
I would take that one step further and say in his prime, Palmer was way better then sanchez will ever be. Palmer had a very good receiving corps around him in Cinc though.
Point is, and I said it two years ago, sanchez is a likeable young man. But, as an NFL qb, his potential was limited. The guy, in my opinion, has head problems.
Here we are several years into his NFL stint and his numbers are as bad if not worse then they were two years ago.......
How the Jets signed him long term for 40 mil, is a shocker to me. :bang:

Robert Fischer
01-04-2013, 11:31 AM
So Jets coach Rex Ryan was spotted with an interesting tattoo...

a tattoo of his wife in a Mark Sanchez jersey :lol::lol:

you can't make this stuff up

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2013/01/04/rex-ryan-wife-sanchez-tattoo/1808595/

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/media/USATODAY/gameon/2013/01/04/ny_dn-4_3_r560.jpg

Valuist
01-04-2013, 12:16 PM
NEITHER, of course.

One needs God's help and the other?

God help him! :lol:

:lol: