Tennessee +14
Purdue -16.5
TCU -16
Colorado +19.5

Last Week : 2-1
Season : 7-3

ElKabong
09-29-2012, 12:21 PM
I don't bet on football, but I'd take oSu over TEXAS tonight. For some reason the media is buying into that 66-31 win over Ole Miss as something significant.

Ole Miss, a bottom tier SEC team, has a horrible defense. I've not seen that bad of a defense in the Big12 since Baylor of the late 1990s. Embarrassingly pathetic. They couldn't pressure Ash (never saw that before) couldn't tackle, couldn't cover.

oSu should score a lot, especially with 2 key UT defensive starters out. Also, Ole Miss DID move the ball on us with ease at times... Bergeron (RB) has been cleared, but ought to sit. His running style is pure power, hard to lower your pads w/ a shoulder injury. Lot of things in oSu's favor, and, I think the pokies are under-rated

cj
09-29-2012, 02:19 PM
How about Baylor/WVa today? It is 35-35...at the half.

Marshall Bennett
09-29-2012, 04:40 PM
W. Virginia 70
Baylor 63

Obviously not two of the better defensive squads in the country.

ElKabong
09-29-2012, 06:03 PM
Georgia and Tennessee tied 30-30 at halftime. No great defenses there, either

ElKabong
09-29-2012, 06:12 PM
side note on the TEXAS-oSu game tonight. The Pokies QB JW Walsh was a UT fan growing up. The TEXAS staff recruited him up until David Ash committed.

Reason we reportedly chose Ash over Walsh - Greg Davis made that decision during the recruiting process in their Sr yr of HS.....After Ash committed, Davis stopped recruiting other QB's....Walsh wound up a more highly sought after QB than Ash by the time signing day arrived.

Normally Davis was a good recruiter when it came to QB's (lousy when it came to WR's, which he had a final say on as well). But his last 2 major decisions on QB recruiting hurt our program quite a bit. Garrett Gilbert over RG3, and Ash over Walsh. I can forgive him for the Gilbert mistake, everyone in D1 ball had GG higher rated than RG3 during the process

PhantomOnTour
09-29-2012, 06:18 PM
W. Virginia 70
Baylor 63

Obviously not two of the better defensive squads in the country.
A high school game in Louisiana finished 72-68 last night w no overtime.
The game was won by Isadore Newman High (home of Peyton and Eli)

My dear neice is a student at Towson, who visits Tiger Stadium tonight to take on LSU.
I'm little disappointed in our QB Mettenberger so far. He gets scared back there and clearly isn't ready to take on Alabama (who is?)...gets a real test at Florida next week.
We've had real trouble trying to get a solid D1 quarterback for years now :ThmbDown:

cj
09-29-2012, 06:21 PM
Walsh may be better than Ash, but lets not get carried away. A true freshman beat him out for the starting job. I think he is a good player, but we'll learn how good tonight.

ElKabong
09-29-2012, 06:21 PM
POT,

RE: 72-68

Do they have 7 on 7 leagues there in the HS offseason?

That crap has ruined football here. Wwe used to play smashmouth football here till this nonsense of 7 on 7 dug into the culture. Wwe have more NFL QB's coming out of Texas, but the overall quality of football has regresses IMO

PhantomOnTour
09-29-2012, 06:23 PM
POT,

RE: 72-68

Do they have 7 on 7 leagues there in the HS offseason?

That crap has ruined football here. Wwe used to play smashmouth football here till this nonsense of 7 on 7 dug into the culture. Wwe have more NFL QB's coming out of Texas, but the overall quality of football has regresses IMO
No 7v7...just a boatload of O...they scored 20 touchdowns combined.
The game must have lasted 5hrs

cj
09-29-2012, 11:30 PM
Boy did OSU get jobbed at the end.

ElKabong
09-30-2012, 01:04 AM
Boy did OSU get jobbed at the end.

Not only do I disagree with your assessment (of the call at the goal line), so did the former NFL head of officiating on air during the game.

More important...If I'm an oSu fan I'm disappointed in my defense. 4th and 6 with <2minutes left and in a blink of an eye, TEXAS is sitting on your goal line. The game should never have come to a replay (and as a UT fan I was hoping they DID call it a fumble...as Perriera pointed out, it would have been UT's ball anyway, by the rule......this would enable us to run the clock down & kick a FG with the clock at 0:00)

As a TEXAS fan, I'm disappointed in our defense, even tho I've seen this same lack of execution all year. This defense is built to stop SEC style offenses, but gets abused by spread offenses

cj
09-30-2012, 01:59 AM
Not only do I disagree with your assessment (of the call at the goal line), so did the former NFL head of officiating on air during the game.

More important...If I'm an oSu fan I'm disappointed in my defense. 4th and 6 with <2minutes left and in a blink of an eye, TEXAS is sitting on your goal line. The game should never have come to a replay (and as a UT fan I was hoping they DID call it a fumble...as Perriera pointed out, it would have been UT's ball anyway, by the rule......this would enable us to run the clock down & kick a FG with the clock at 0:00)

As a TEXAS fan, I'm disappointed in our defense, even tho I've seen this same lack of execution all year. This defense is built to stop SEC style offenses, but gets abused by spread offenses

I'm not blaming the loss on that one call. OSU kicked too many field goals and didn't get enough stops.

As for the call, just because the rule doesn't allow them to fix a mistake doesn't mean it wasn't a mistake in the first place.

cj
10-03-2012, 06:02 PM
As for the call, just because the rule doesn't allow them to fix a mistake doesn't mean it wasn't a mistake in the first place.

Glad to see you smart enough not to debate this.

http://newsok.com/source-big-12-apologizes-to-osus-mike-gundy-for-botched-call-on-texas-td/article/3715427

ElKabong
10-03-2012, 08:58 PM

http://newsok.com/source-big-12-apologizes-to-osus-mike-gundy-for-botched-call-on-texas-td/article/3715427

Snore... "a source" said an apology was issued. Let me know when "the source" is the person supposedly apologizing.

And while he's at it, he owes Mack Brown an apology for the botched call on the kickoff. "The magic football" call where the ball changes spin and trajectory yet is ruled as not being touched. Arlen Specter would have fun with that one.

But I'll let Gundy speak about this, then the commish (you know, the one that replaced Deloss' sock puppet, lol).

I always enjoy listening to the old Big 8 schools "list of grievances" on a weekly basis. Always amusing

ElKabong
10-03-2012, 09:08 PM

Oh btw...that link you put up? It's been denied by the B12 as pure rumor or untruth.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8457537/big-12-conference-disputes-newspaper-report-apology-oklahoma-state-cowboys-mike-gundy

The Big 12 is disputing a newspaper report that its coordinator of officials "apologized profusely" to Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy following a blown call in Saturday's 41-36 loss to Texas.

"Reports that the Big 12 acknowledged a blown call and issued an apology to Oklahoma State are inaccurate," the Big 12 tweeted on Wednesday.

The kid needs to turn in that red for orange and black....Hell, just switch shirts from week to week