PDA

View Full Version : that sly dog-romney

acorn54
09-28-2012, 09:01 AM
i'll chime in with the latest dirt i have found on romney while some of the others here search for more on obama
a retired partner of pricewaterhousecoopers, who was a tax preparer said romney chose to forego a charitable tax deduction of 1.75 million dollars to incur a higher effective tax rate in 2011, than is legally required. the retired tax practitioner goes on to say that in all his years he has not seen such a generous gesture.
however romney is entitled to amend his return in the next three years, on which he may claim the disregarded deduction. he would receive a refund close to 200k, using the information he has provided, plus interest. if he failed in his quest for presidency it would not be surprising if he did just that.
of course if he became president he could still do it, but political considerations would come into play.

Tom
09-28-2012, 09:40 AM
His average rate over 20 years is close to 20%.
His charitable contributions DWARF those of Obama.

So, at worst, he followed the law and out-gave the president.
At worst, he followed the law.

This the major issue Obama can come up with? What a tool the p3rsident is. A real loser! And....wait for it......he has FOLLOWERS! :lol::lol::lol:

What does that say about THEM?

rastajenk
09-28-2012, 09:46 AM
Yeah, that's a hell of a stretch. Maybe you should help vote him in, in order to save the nation 200K.

acorn54
09-28-2012, 09:52 AM
His average rate over 20 years is close to 20%.
His charitable contributions DWARF those of Obama.

So, at worst, he followed the law and out-gave the president.
At worst, he followed the law.

This the major issue Obama can come up with? What a tool the p3rsident is. A real loser! And....wait for it......he has FOLLOWERS! :lol::lol::lol:

What does that say about THEM?

i think the point the retired tax preparer was trying to make, is that he has never seen in his career of filling out tax returns such a glaring omission of the large contribution deduction that romney made and that it might have been done to make his tax rate lower to the public.
you say romney's average rate is twenty percent over twenty years? i don't know where you got romney's tax returns for the past tweny years from, i thought it was a big stink that he wouldn't make his tax returns public.

Tom
09-28-2012, 09:56 AM
Price-Waterhouse provided a summary of them.
No one, to date, has provided a summary of any of Obama's sealed records.

THAT is far more interesting to me...what laws did Obama break?
What terrorist groups was he a member or supported of?

Did he have a few "Sandusky" moments?
Prove he did not.

cj's dad
09-28-2012, 10:15 AM
So, Acorn is now a mind reader. Through a retired tax preparer, he is able to form a conspiracy theory regarding Romney.

Maybe, just maybe, Romney believes it is not the Governments responsibility to subsidize his charitable contributions.

johnhannibalsmith
09-28-2012, 10:43 AM
What's the problem here? He didn't take advantage of the deduction to pay less? He's doing it to score political points? He should have taken the deduction just to not take political points but incur the wrath of his detractors? Everyone wants to make the guy's tax returns some sort of feature attraction in this election and then make it so that regardless of what he does, it's a terrible reflection on him. And he did all of this to make his rate look lower to the public? Am I missing something here because I don't get it.

Tom
09-28-2012, 11:37 AM
Obama people are severely limited in what they can discuss, what with his having FAILED across the board. So they need knucklehead stuff like THIS to keep people talking about other things. Stupid people fall for it. Go figure.

OntheRail
09-28-2012, 11:56 AM
They have NO real dirt to dig... but with the dust they picked up while on the hunt... mixed with their fevered sweat from desperation. They'll try and smudge him regardless. He made to much... He paid to little... He gave more... He claimed less. You can't spell Romney with out MONEY. :rolleyes:

PaceAdvantage
09-28-2012, 05:05 PM
What's the problem here? He didn't take advantage of the deduction to pay less? He's doing it to score political points? He should have taken the deduction just to not take political points but incur the wrath of his detractors? Everyone wants to make the guy's tax returns some sort of feature attraction in this election and then make it so that regardless of what he does, it's a terrible reflection on him. And he did all of this to make his rate look lower to the public? Am I missing something here because I don't get it.I was just thinking what you wrote. I hope the Romney bashers can fill us in...

redshift1
09-28-2012, 05:30 PM
Romney, no major scandals or lack of moral turpitude.... seems like a reasonably honest politician which begs the question why is he trailing in almost every poll against an incumbent clearly struggling in both domestic and foreign policy.

It's not the politician but the conservative party and platform which are not resonating with the country as a whole.

newtothegame
09-28-2012, 05:33 PM
i'll chime in with the latest dirt i have found on romney while some of the others here search for more on obama
a retired partner of pricewaterhousecoopers, who was a tax preparer said romney chose to forego a charitable tax deduction of 1.75 million dollars to incur a higher effective tax rate in 2011, than is legally required. the retired tax practitioner goes on to say that in all his years he has not seen such a generous gesture.
however romney is entitled to amend his return in the next three years, on which he may claim the disregarded deduction. he would receive a refund close to 200k, using the information he has provided, plus interest. if he failed in his quest for presidency it would not be surprising if he did just that.
of course if he became president he could still do it, but political considerations would come into play.
And actually, YOU did NOT find this. This story ( or lack there of) has been out since the day he released them.....nice try though.....:lol:

johnhannibalsmith
09-28-2012, 05:38 PM
Well, it seems the other campaign disagrees since they seem to object almost exclusively to Romney's wealth, past business ventures, and lack of interest in Sandy Fluke's vag.

Our previous congressional elections (2010) seemed to reward conservatives regardless of who they were, so I'm not sure I buy the premise.

RE: Redshift, since I was too slow replying and forgot to quote. :)

bigmack
09-28-2012, 05:44 PM
Romney, no major scandals or lack of moral turpitude.... seems like a reasonably honest politician which begs the question why is he trailing in almost every poll against an incumbent clearly struggling in both domestic and foreign policy.

It's not the politician but the conservative party and platform which are not resonating with the country as a whole.
I VERY much appreciate your level headed assessment of the situ. :ThmbUp:

I'm coming to the belief that most people get their opinions from soundbites in the media. And we both know the media in the tank thing is about as thick as it could possibly be. I mean, it's INCREDIBLE. People livin' lives trying to stay afloat and are spoon-fed stories that are junk.

Ain't no way anyone could tell me there's anything more important than the debt at this point and ain't no one could make a case that BO gives a rats ass about debt.

It's all about BO. Don't bother him with numbers.

6D55384wiUg

These polls are funky though. I've said it forever.

Romney for the next 8.