PDA

View Full Version : Still want suggestions on Trackmaster Harness Pro

mrroyboy
09-27-2012, 05:41 PM
Guys I would like to hear your suggestions for the best way to use Harness Pro. There is so much info etc that you want to use you need a good methodology. Thanks to all.

Sinner369
09-27-2012, 05:49 PM
Roy...........can you be more specific..........more detail?...........Are you talking about a software program or the Trackmaster pp files?

wilderness
09-27-2012, 07:22 PM
Here's the release thread (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97468)

mrroyboy
09-28-2012, 04:58 PM
Yes Guys I am talking about Harness Pro Software. There is so much information in there it's amazing. The problem is using as much as you can with a limited time frame. You don't want to miss too much. I am trying to do that. Thank you.

mrroyboy
09-28-2012, 05:39 PM
In other words some kind of step by step methodology that absorbs as much important stats and info as possible. I know it will differ from race to race but a general idea would be great. Thank you guys for all suggestions or comments.

traynor
09-28-2012, 08:22 PM
In other words some kind of step by step methodology that absorbs as much important stats and info as possible. I know it will differ from race to race but a general idea would be great. Thank you guys for all suggestions or comments.

The simple way is to codify how you handicap a race without software. Put that process into a series of steps--1) Check this, 2) Check that, and so on. When you have explicitly stated your non-computer process, reduced it to a series of steps, and can replicate those steps with the software, that is the time to start looking at what else the software can do that you were NOT doing without it.

If you start out looking at a huge number of factors that you don't really understand, the result can be quite frustrating. All the application does is provide you with information--you have to know how to evaluate that information in relation to other pieces of information. The best way to start is to replicate your non-computer process, and then build on that base incrementally as you become more familiar with the software.

Because most people have developed their own ideas of the relative importance of different factors in non-computer handicapping, the transition to handicapping with a computer app is usually fairly smooth.

traynor
09-28-2012, 09:12 PM
You might also consider that you could be suffering from the typical "information overload." Rather than trying to look at everything in the limited time available, pick the key factors that work for you in non-computer race analysis, and learn how to evaluate those faster and more easily using the app. Because more information is available does not necessarily mean that all that information has to be used.

mrroyboy
09-29-2012, 04:12 PM
Thank you Traynor. .You are right about all of that.

Ray2000
09-29-2012, 07:43 PM
roy,
guess I'll chime in here. The way my parlays are starting tonight, not much else to do.. :D

I gave TM's Harness Pro high marks because of the amount of info available and the way it can graphically be presented.

If I were to use it, the steps I would follow would be something like

First set up the personal power factors.
Go to the power settings page, set the custom name to "Best" and start with these numbers.

Speed .............30
4thQ ...............20
Driver Win ........10
Trainer Win .......5
Fitness ...........15
Horse Wins .......5
Driver ROI .......10
Post ROI ..........5

All others .........0

Click on Calc and Save (Don't know if save works with sample programs)

I don't know how TM calculates the power so this is going to need some fine tuning.

Here's how I would proceed

Buy card, Read Card, Throw away card, go golfing....:)

But seriously, I would ...

Buy the card, Click on Race #1

Field size <7 , Maidens, or baby races (2yos) yes?......-->Go to next Race
no? then race is playable.
|
|
Go to Power page... Sort on column "Best"
Make a note of your top 4 power rated horses
Compare to Column 1 TM's power...wide difference is good for overlays
|
|
Go back to snapshot page
Is your #1 also Morning Line Fave yes?......-->Go to next Race
No? then check days off.
|
|
Days off > 21 yes?......-->Go to next Race
No? then go to pdf program, check pp lines for breaks (I wouldn't use their index)
|
|
Is your Pick a bad actor? yes?......-->Go to next Race
No?.. If your pick is Post 6 or higher, check ability to leave the gate.
Straight Closer..... yes?......-->Go to next Race

Has Early Speed?....yes?....You've found your key. :jump:

Next go back to Web page and check out the specifics on your key, hopefully its
in top performers for Driver Trainer and not in Trouble Layoff/Park Propensity

From here it depends on what wagering pool you favor. I prefer AB/ABC/ABCD trifectas.

This sequence will produce a lot of PASS races but until you get comfortable with the power settings, I'd avoid looking at second and third choices, just to find a bet.

Good Luck

mrroyboy
09-30-2012, 01:33 PM
Very nice Ray. Thank you