PDA

View Full Version : "I want to see us export more jobs..."

DJofSD
09-27-2012, 12:22 PM
Obama speaks (http://www.youtube.com/embed/jwx6Qtfm4lo?feature=player_embedded) . He needs his teleprompter. Freudian slip?

dartman51
09-27-2012, 12:44 PM
The man is LOST without his teleprompter. He stumbles and says what he really THINKS, not what he's been told to say. :ThmbUp:

mostpost
09-27-2012, 02:16 PM
Obama speaks (http://www.youtube.com/embed/jwx6Qtfm4lo?feature=player_embedded) . He needs his teleprompter. Freudian slip?
Nice try! He corrected himself immediately and added that he was channeling his opponent. Outsourcing jobs overseas is something Romney has done throughout his business career. There is no reason to think he would do otherwise as President.

Perhaps you could point out to me specific instances where Obama sent jobs overseas.

Tom
09-27-2012, 02:29 PM
http://foxnewsinsider.com/2012/07/16/sending-jobs-overseas-the-truth-about-the-obamaromney-controversy/

“The Obama administration has continued to make billions of taxpayer dollars available to the General Electric corporation, mostly through loans but there were some grants for green energy projects. GE employs about 300,000 people. Fewer than half – 131,000 — are working in the USA. Let me repeat, less than half of GE’s workforce are employed in America.”
To add to O’Reilly’s argument, according to The New York Times, GE paid zero federal income tax in 2010. Nevertheless, President Obama continues to praise GE’s CEO Jeffrey Immelt. In a speech, the president championed GE, saying, “I am so proud and pleased that Jeff has agreed to chair this panel — my council on jobs and competitiveness — because we think GE has something to teach businesses all across America.”

Tom
09-27-2012, 02:40 PM
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/07/10/Obama-stimulus-dollars-jobs-overseas

Thanks to President Obama, taxpayer money, mostly in the form of stimulus funds, ended up in the hands of companies overseas. Instead of creating jobs in America, the stimulus and other Obama policies created jobs or sent money to Finland, New Zealand, Indonesia, India, Mexico, Germany, Australia, Switzerland, China, Denmark, South Korea, the Dominican Republic, Thailand, Vietnam, Italy, Russia, Luxembourg, El Salvador, Great Britain, Spain, Japan, and France.

Romney never did it with taxpayer money.

DJofSD
09-27-2012, 03:03 PM
Kudos to you, Tom, for being Johnny on the spot.

Well done.

Tom
09-27-2012, 03:42 PM
The TRUTH shall set you free.

bigmack
09-27-2012, 04:18 PM
Outsourcing jobs overseas is something Romney has done throughout his business career.
I've not been able to verify that but I'm sure you have, otherwise you wouldn't have said it. Can ya help out a brotha and slide me a linkie?

porchy44
09-27-2012, 04:19 PM
Thats why I am having trouble with picking a candidate. I am a one (1) issue voter. Our biggest problem in the USA is the trade deficit. It is a joke to even say "Fair"trade agreement". Obviously unemployment would not be a problem if the jobs were not leaving our country.

Many entitlements are a result of this. Both candidates by their deeds and words support these unfair trade agreements. This is undisputed.

Now for a solution. If GE employs 60% of their workers overseas tax them at 60%. No loopholes. if a company employs 0% of their employees overseas,they pay 0% tax rate. Treat companies that employ people solely in the USA like the queen coming to dinner. treat companies that ship jobs overseas like a POS criminal.

OK back to earth and reality check. Corporations control the politicians with their lobbyists. so basically nothing will change.

mostpost
09-27-2012, 05:52 PM
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/07/10/Obama-stimulus-dollars-jobs-overseas

Romney never did it with taxpayer money.
The Washington Post Fact Checker has totally debunked the breitbart article officially giving it three pinocchios, although unofficially they say it is more like three and a half. You can read about it here:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-checker/post/obama-and-outsourcing-a-guide-to-the-gops-charges/2012/07/11/gJQA1LBIeW_blog.html

Here is something to help you in the future. Breitbart is not a reliable source. It is a tool of the Republican Party and the neocon agenda.

Two examples given of why some foreign based companies received stimulus funds.
One, companies which had or built facilities in the United States which employed American workers.
Two, companies which manufactured parts not available in the United States which were used to build products in the United States. Using American Workers.

johnhannibalsmith
09-27-2012, 06:26 PM
Obama got four pinocchios for his allegation that 90% of the current deficit is due to Bush policy. I guess following your logic, that makes him an unreliable source, a tool of the Democratic Party and liberal corporate agenda.

Hey! We agree! :jump:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-checker/post/obamas-claim-that-90-percent-of-the-current-deficit-is-due-to-bush-policies/2012/09/26/e9bfbcd0-077e-11e2-a10c-fa5a255a9258_blog.html

bigmack
09-27-2012, 07:58 PM
If anyone spots mostee posting evidence of Romney outsourcing jobs overseas throughout his business career, could you let me know?

I'm trying to encourage him to stop posting total BS without backing.

mostpost
09-28-2012, 01:00 AM
If anyone spots mostee posting evidence of Romney outsourcing jobs overseas throughout his business career, could you let me know?

I'm trying to encourage him to stop posting total BS without backing.
Somebody wake up burger boy.

On April 17, 1998, Brookside Capital Partners Fund, a Bain Capital affiliate of which Romney was the sole shareholder, sole director, president, and chief executive, invested an estimated $14.2 million in Global-Tech, an appliance maker in Dongguan, China. Global-Tech made products for American companies like Sunbeam, Hamilton Beach, Mr. Coffee, and Proctor-Silex. In September 1998 Global-Tech’s CEO announced that the company was postponing a factory expansion because Sunbeam was slowing its rate of outsourcing, and said, “Although it appears that customers such as Sunbeam are not outsourcing their manufacturing as quickly as we had anticipated, we still believe that the long-term trend toward outsourcing will continue.”
http://www.forbes.com/sites/frederickallen/2012/07/12/how-mitt-romney-invested-millions-in-outsourcing/

“Mitt Romney’s companies sent jobs overseas.”

Is that statement true or false?

It passed mostly unnoticed, but on Friday, a well-respected fact-checking organization — one cited by the Romney campaign itself on occasion — essentially agreed that this is a defensible assertion.

In its Friday piece, Politifact gave a “half true” rating to the following Obama campaign claim: “Mitt Romney’s companies were pioneers in outsourcing U.S. jobs to low-wage countries.” But if you dig deep into the piece, you find that the main reason for the “half” true rating was the Obama camp’s claim that Romney’s companies “pioneered” this practice. Politifact disagreed with that.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/post/politifact-mitt-romneys-companies-sent-jobs-overseas/2012/07/16/gJQAuttmoW_blog.html
Also from the above:
For example, in 2000, a Bain-controlled firm, Modus Media, closed a plant in California and opened one in Mexico. The Romney camp, of course, has argued that jobs were moved overseas after Romney left the firm. The Obama campaign has argued that documents show Romney was still CEO and chairman, and should be held responsible for the company’s activities at the time.

Stream International. Bain bought a stake in the software company CSI in 1993, and later merged it with another firm to form Stream International, according to the Washington Post. In the mid 1990s, Stream was setting up tech-support call centers outside the U.S.

At Bain, he was part of a move to invest in CSI, which later merged with another firm to form Stream International, which announced the call centers in India a year after Romney departed to run the Olympics. So yes, India got some jobs from CSI, but Romney's influence was early and ultimately indirect.

As for being a pioneer, Romney and Bain joined the bandwagon, but they didn’t lead it. Outsourcing was an established practice by private equity firms to cut costs at companies they invested in. They were more like disciples than pioneers.
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2012/jul/26/priorities-usa-action/super-PAC-ad-mitt-romney-outsources-jobs-india/

It isn't really important whether or not Romney directly outsourced any jobs. A fundamental tenant of vulture capitalism is to cut costs by sending jobs overseas. It's one of the first things they do.

Here is another source detailing outsourcing by Romney or companies he invested in:
http://www.barackobama.com/romney-offshore-outsourcing/

Since I have included a link from Barack Obama dot com I feel it only fair that I include one link defending Romney and accusing Obama of being the cause of outsourcing.
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0712/78467.html

The author of the piece? Grover Norquist. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

bigmack
09-28-2012, 01:16 AM
Get outta town with your Kindergarten links.

Brookside Capital Partners Fund, a Bain affiliate, purchased a 6 percent stake in Global-Tech Appliance, an appliance manufacturer based in China in 1998.

6% of a company of a company and you hold Romney responsible for a decision some company made they have a 6% share in? :lol:

For example, in 2000, a Bain-controlled firm, Modus Media

When did MR leave Bain agin? And a "Bain-controlled firm" ? I could shoot holes through that all day long. And have the links in 30 seconds.

Stream International. Bain bought a stake in the software company CSI in 1993.

Bain bought a stake and Romney has spent his whole business life outsourcing jobs? :lol: :lol:

---------------

If you're ready to believe that circuitous trail of blame, there's a little old lady that got swindled on a postal route you delivered mail to that wants to sue your ass for bringing the direct mail piece that convinced her to invest.

Anything besides dunderheaded links from Mother Jones & Co>?

mostpost
09-28-2012, 01:34 AM
Get outta town with your Kindergarten links.

Brookside Capital Partners Fund, a Bain affiliate, purchased a 6 percent stake in Global-Tech Appliance, an appliance manufacturer based in China in 1998.

6% of a company of a company and you hold Romney responsible for a decision some company made they have a 6% share in? :lol:

For example, in 2000, a Bain-controlled firm, Modus Media

When did MR leave Bain agin? And a "Bain-controlled firm" ? I could shoot holes through that all day long. And have the links in 30 seconds.

Stream International. Bain bought a stake in the software company CSI in 1993.

Bain bought a stake and Romney has spent his whole business life outsourcing jobs? :lol: :lol:

---------------

If you're ready to believe that circuitous trail of blame, there's a little old lady that got swindled on a postal route you delivered mail to that wants to sue your ass for bringing the direct mail piece that convinced her to invest.

Anything besides dunderheaded links from Mother Jones & Co>?

Here is the most important part of my reply:
It isn't really important whether or not Romney directly outsourced any jobs. A fundamental tenant of vulture capitalism is to cut costs by sending jobs overseas. It's one of the first things they do.

I provided links to some examples of Romney or companies he controlled outsourcing jobs. You responded with your usual foolishness. I feel no need to prove anything to you. Let's take a poll. We will take it on Nov 6 all across the country. I have no doubt that more will agree with me.

bigmack
09-28-2012, 01:52 AM
A fundamental tenant of vulture capitalism is to cut costs by sending jobs overseas.
A quote straight out of MSNBC. You're not entirely stupid, but you're grossly naive.

Are you honestly so dumb that you don't realize venture capital built much of what you see around you in the business world?

" Goooo Unions. People with money are evil. War on Women. "

God you're a fool.

-----------

Nice slight of hand, you bring a "mountain" of evidence of which I shot down in 2 minutes and then retreat to anti-VC.

Spread the word to all the other loons thinking "Romney has lived his business life outsourcing jobs" and at least have the honesty to declare you were running around spreading propaganda crap like a Hitler youth.