PDA

View Full Version : AIO Version 6?

azmike
01-22-2004, 01:57 PM
I received a note that All in One is finally coming out with a Windows/MAC version 6 on or about 2/1.

I used AIO years ago when Dick Mitchell was still in charge at Cynthia Publishing. I switched to Windows based products and have been quite pleased.

Anyone still using AIO? Any insight on Version 6 improvements or will it just be re-coding so it now runs in Windows/Mac systems?

kitts
01-22-2004, 05:46 PM
azmike-

Been using AIO V5 and posted a fairly thorough review last Septemeber.

I am a Beta Tester for V6. Rest assured that this is not your grandfather's AIO. The code was completely revamped and the output is remarkably dependable. It is now multi-platform Windows, Mac, Linux at al. The programmer at Cynthia Publishing had to go through volumes of code that he did not write, and he did a good job. It is still pacelines and contenders. It still has the Pace Summary and the Factors Report. It has their Betting Analyst program built in.

It is still betting line is the bottom line, bet the overlays. But the Power Rating, from which the betting lines is derived is way tighter than that of V5.

It has an "autocompute" option which can be "custom" with the various weightings fine-tune-able. Or one can just tune the automatic paceline selector method.

It has a new interface with prettier graphics. The user can just go for the autocompute bet line, or can get involved in the Pace Summary and the Handicapping factors.

And, if one does not have a bet tracking software, the included one is plenty good. Especially fast, too, with the lookup feature which lets the user pick which horse was "A" , "B" etc and then enter the wagers.

I have been running it side-by-side with Version 5 and it has been a revelation. I was content with V5 but V6 rules!

jackad
01-22-2004, 10:37 PM
Anyone using AIO who is not a longshot player? In other words, in your experience how do the top or top two (default) selections do when they are overlays (track odds compared to the program's odds line)?

Jack

trying2win
01-23-2004, 12:20 AM
Jackad,

--I noticed that in the August 1998 issue of Meadow's Racing Monthly, they did a review of the All-In-One handicapping program. Haven't read that issue myself, but might be worth checking out.

Trying2win

kitts
01-23-2004, 04:56 PM
jackad-

I play longshots a lot in AIO and endure devastating losing streaks. I have also developed a method of measuring ability of the top 2 ML favorites. I have been using this low price winner approach since September 1 and my overall ROI is .99 (the ROI at MNR of all places is 1.21!) This bet is almost always an overlay based on the software. It appears to be doing even better in AIO V6.

JimG
01-24-2004, 08:19 AM
I just got done reading an email from Cynthia Publishing describing the features of AIO version 6.

I have never owned all in one but this new version sounds an awful lot like The Capper, which I do own. I realize Gordon Pine used to program for Cynthia Publishing, but I am amazed at the apparent similarities and methodology.

Since I own The Capper, I cannot see a good reason to purchase All In One at this time.

If I am wrong, hopefully someone (Kitts??) can set me straight.

Jim

kitts
01-24-2004, 04:19 PM
jimG-
There are similarities in most handicapping software. In my opinion, The Capper is a good program when used the way the devloper recommends which is basically download all tracks and results and then bet those tracks showing a profit. Gordon Pine was very involved in the design of All-In-One. We both worked for Cynthia Publishing at that time. It is reasonable to assume that he used some of his concepts in The Capper. My style of handicapping still involves me making decisions so All-In-One still allows me to do my style of handicapping. I don't think one should decide against software because of implied similarities. You may recall a post I made last September about the many softwares I have tried and why I settled on All-In-One. I know you have tried many softwares too, Jim, and you are certainly qualified to make your own decisions. I like All-In-One, it "fits" me, and Version 6 is a substantial improvement.