PDA

View Full Version : no smile driver's license

lamboguy
09-26-2012, 09:23 AM
http://autos.aol.com/article/this-state-says-no-smiling-please-on-your-drivers-license/

the other thing that i have just learned about is that its a law that school lunch programs have to give out a piece of fruit to every student every day. most of the kids file those fruits in the trash basket. actually not a bad idea in my mind, i think that there is to much sugar in fruit to eat it all the time. also if there is any food left over at the end of the week the school by law has to throw anything that is left over away, they are not allowed to give it to needy hungry people either. they might be throwing away $1000 worth of food every week plus the fruit that the kids chuck out. that goes on in every single school district throughout the country. this seems like a great way to get rid of money that taxpayers have to come up with every single day.

i am sure that if you look hard enough you find find plenty of other waste going on in mishandled government programs in every single branch of government.

Actor
09-26-2012, 05:08 PM
Can I smile when the police take my mug shot?

acorn54
09-26-2012, 06:03 PM
http://autos.aol.com/article/this-state-says-no-smiling-please-on-your-drivers-license/

the other thing that i have just learned about is that its a law that school lunch programs have to give out a piece of fruit to every student every day. most of the kids file those fruits in the trash basket. actually not a bad idea in my mind, i think that there is to much sugar in fruit to eat it all the time. also if there is any food left over at the end of the week the school by law has to throw anything that is left over away, they are not allowed to give it to needy hungry people either. they might be throwing away $1000 worth of food every week plus the fruit that the kids chuck out. that goes on in every single school district throughout the country. this seems like a great way to get rid of money that taxpayers have to come up with every single day.

i am sure that if you look hard enough you find find plenty of other waste going on in mishandled government programs in every single branch of government.

wastes-you want to talk about waste in government-your talking to someone that was in the ceata program as a youth here in oyster bay long island- the full time government workers, i can't tell you how much waste there was.
spending six dollars of gas coming out of the gas town petro pump to clean a two dollar paint brush, or a guy riding "shotgun" in a town truck to ride the neighborhood in the water district truck to check neighborhood violators, using water to water their grass and so on and so forth. that is at the town level. imo if we just cut out the waste and the patronage jobs we would not need to bicker about entitlement programs.
those folks who use otb in new york or did are well aware that the otb's are where the pols put their friends to pay them off for their political favors.

Actor
09-29-2012, 08:52 PM
spending six dollars of gas coming out of the gas town petro pump to clean a two dollar paint brush, Here's how it works.

The guy who buys paint brushes is not the same guy who pays for the gas. They both have different budgets. The guy with the paint brushes does not have to pay for the gas out of his budget, he just requisitions it from the guy who does pay for it. And the guy who buys the gas is happy to fulfill the requisition because he has to spent his entire budget or it will get cut next year.

Meanwhile, neither one of them pays the $35/hour salary of the technician who spends a half hour cleaning one brush. That comes out of the human resources budget and neither one of them have to account for that.

I'm not making this up!