PDA

View Full Version : Am I part of the 47% because I receive SS?

racko
09-25-2012, 01:21 PM
How about disabled military, Medicare. What is the 47%.

bigmack
09-25-2012, 01:23 PM
Are you aware of what's going on this country? This world?

And you're concerned about what 47% means?

Are you worried your check won't show up or do you think RM doesn't 'like' you?

Striker
09-25-2012, 01:29 PM
Yes, you are in that club.

Tom
09-25-2012, 01:31 PM

You invested into SS - you are getting screwed on the return, but you are owed it. Military disability, no problem with getting that. Medicare, no problem.

If you have to ask about the 47%, you probably aren't part of it.

racko
09-25-2012, 01:39 PM
No bigmack I am not aware of what is going on in this country, please enlighten me.

racko
09-25-2012, 01:40 PM
I worry about all checks that I receive. What is RM?

bigmack
09-25-2012, 01:44 PM
What is 47% and why is that something that matters to you let alone even enters your brain?

You're better off flipping your wig over something REALLY BIG, like NFL refs ( :rolleyes: ), than bothering your head with 47%.

jognlope
09-25-2012, 01:52 PM
It's most costly to shelter a person than give him entitlement money that will be turned into an economic stimulus, since SSI recipients don't stash their cash in the Caymans. Use it for mortage, food, etc. etc. pay the corporate big wigs to rip 'em off.

Need to have unemployed, disabled and welfare recips followed up. Welfare to work is already in place in NYS and other states. Obama gave them a waiver only to improve their welfare to work programs. He did not say they didn't have to have them anymore, like Romney camp said.

bigmack
09-25-2012, 01:57 PM
Lookie there, sour grapes & bitter resentment from jognloop. Where have I seen that before?

Oh yeah, in every other one of her posts.

acorn54
09-25-2012, 02:15 PM
here on long island there was a good editorial piece about the government supporting the "jimmy's" of the country, in Newsday. these were explained in the piece as children raised in families that lack parental guidance of any reasonable kind.
they become unemployable, especially increasingly so with the technological sophistication needed to hold a job.
basically the article went on to say that there are only two alternatives, to either incarcerate and pay for the jimmey's of society when they eventually have a run-in with the law, or to provide government assistance with housing and food and such.

wisconsin
09-25-2012, 03:15 PM
here on long island there was a good editorial piece about the government supporting the "jimmy's" of the country, in Newsday. these were explained in the piece as children raised in families that lack parental guidance of any reasonable kind.
they become unemployable, especially increasingly so with the technological sophistication needed to hold a job.
basically the article went on to say that there are only two alternatives, to either incarcerate and pay for the jimmey's of society when they eventually have a run-in with the law, or to provide government assistance with housing and food and such.

Kind of like multi-generation households on welfare. Mosty must have seen this once or twice while delivering mail.

jognlope
09-25-2012, 03:55 PM
That's a very bizarre reaction to my post. But "then again...."

I was merely saying it costs less to give a check than to house someone. How is that sour grapes. You gotta measure your words once in a while Big mack.

And these govt. checks are an economic stimulus. People spend the checks, don't save them, because of the relatively small amount.

badcompany
09-25-2012, 04:10 PM
And these govt. checks are an economic stimulus. People spend the checks, don't save them, because of the relatively small amount.

Wrong.

What is gained in demand is lost to inflation.

Real demand comes as a result of production. A baker can "Demand" a pair of shoes because he can offer bread in return.

racko
09-25-2012, 05:31 PM
still dont know who RM is

bigmack
09-25-2012, 05:41 PM
still dont know who RM is
Rick MOranis
http://brianorndorf.typepad.com/.a/6a00e54ee7b64288330134865f7393970c-500wi

Have you found out if you're in the 47? If so, can ya pick me up some 47 merchandise? Mugs, t-shirts, hoodies...

racko
09-25-2012, 05:53 PM
t-shirts and hoodies will be easy. Have to work on the coffee mugs. Great idea. E-Bay here I come. Thanks

ElKabong
09-25-2012, 07:08 PM

No