PDA

View Full Version : Mr Gorbachev. Tear Down this Wall!

Suff
01-21-2004, 10:10 PM
Ronald Reagan. Winner of the Cold war.

What can you say.... not long after we applaud a republican for tearing down a wall in Germany.

Isreal is erecting another wall on Bush's watch. I thought we learned... walls solve nothing.

And now... The Prime Minister , Isreal Sharon implicated in a bribing scandal. Strongly.

More food for our enemys and no doubt this will mean prolonged bloodshed on both sides.

http://boston.com/dailynews/021/world/Court_indicts_businessman_on_c:.shtml

Show Me the Wire
01-21-2004, 10:16 PM
Suff:

You are on a roll tonight. One wall was to keep people in and the other wall is to keep certain types of people out. Do you have a door with a lock on your house? Isn't it the same as building a wall to keep unwanted personage from entering?

As always I enjoy our conversations.

BTW is there any Suff magic you can work to help lsbets out with his transportation problem? Do you have any friends in the travel business?

Regards,
Show Me the Wire

Perception is reality

Suff
01-21-2004, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Show Me the Wire
Suff:

You are on a roll tonight. One wall was to keep people in and the other wall is to keep certain types of people out.

I'm smart enough to know that all walls have two sides.

JustRalph
01-21-2004, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Suff
I'm smart enough to know that all walls have two sides.

I think the difference is "Suicide Bombers" it was a preposterous notion back in those days.......not anymore

Tom
01-21-2004, 11:37 PM
I think the correct term is homacide bombers.

Suff
01-22-2004, 05:22 PM
Both sides have committed acts of atrocities against each other.

Martyrs and innocents.

The behaviour has been recorded over the history of man. People devote the destruction of another as thier primary achievement in life. Its a baffling situation. I'm no expert on anything.. But I know erecting a wall will solve nothing.

So maybe thats the true answer. You know that, but there is nothing humanly left to try. Its a surrender to the lowest common denominator. A step backwards. It is what it is.

Show Me the Wire
01-22-2004, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Suff
Both sides have committed acts of atrocities against each other.

Martyrs and innocents.

The behaviour has been recorded over the history of man. People devote the destruction of another as thier primary achievement in life. Its a baffling situation. I'm no expert on anything.. But I know erecting a wall will solve nothing.

So maybe thats the true answer. You know that, but there is nothing humanly left to try. Its a surrender to the lowest common denominator. A step backwards. It is what it is.

Supposedly, the Great Wall of China was built to keep the Huns out and if that is so, the building of the wall worked and solved the Hun problem. The Huns decided to attack the divided Roman Empire.

However, I am not familiar with any wall built with the intent to keep people in working as intended

Regards,
Show Me the Wire

Perception is reality