PDA

View Full Version : Woodbine Race 10 9/21/12

cnollfan
09-22-2012, 08:13 PM
What happened at Woodbine that led to the 10th race being cancelled on Saturday 9/21?

WoxFan
09-22-2012, 08:41 PM
Before the first turn, a horse and jockey went down. I was in the stands very close to where this happened and he appeared to be knocked unconscious and eventually he was taken off on a stretcher.
They couldn't get him safely off the track by the horses made the second turn so the race was stopped and declared a no contest.

So far it looks like the jockey ( Matt Moore ) hasn't broken anything but I suspect he'll be off any mounts tomorrow.

Itamaraca
09-22-2012, 09:27 PM
Got to give the jocks a lot of credit on this one. When it became apparent that the jock was still down, when they turned for home, the leaders all started pulling their horses up; and those behind them did likewise.

Of course, if Castellano and Cornelio were riding in the race, or if Chantal was still riding up there, they'd have ridden out to the wire.

cnollfan
09-23-2012, 10:16 AM
Thanks for the explanation.

davew
09-23-2012, 04:09 PM
saturday was 9/22

Some_One
09-24-2012, 12:56 PM
Got to give the jocks a lot of credit on this one. When it became apparent that the jock was still down, when they turned for home, the leaders all started pulling their horses up; and those behind them did likewise.

Of course, if Castellano and Cornelio were riding in the race, or if Chantal was still riding up there, they'd have ridden out to the wire.

Dont think it was the jocks who made the decision, looks like there were workers on the track at the finish line waving something, and Im sure the pony/outriders who usually hang out in the chute during route races were yelling.

HoofedInTheChest
09-24-2012, 01:27 PM
The outrider came out of the chute as was yelling to go wide, by the time they came out of the second turn the track siren went off as well. There were 10 or so track workers waving towels in the stretch so it was pretty obvious to pull them up.

Matt Moore was released from hospital on Sunday and is resting at home, he seems to have escaped serious injury, there's no word on how The World To Me is doing.