PDA

View Full Version : Canary in the coal mine...ie...the coming 2nd recession

sammy the sage
09-21-2012, 08:44 AM
my business is a perfect example....disposable income...and sales have suddenly dropped the last 3 weeks to below 2007 levels...along w/Fedex warning and world-wide shipping way down....the recession IS HERE now!

P.A. and I had many discussions back in 2007/8...when at that time he believed gov't. figures...as did many other's here....now I believe everybody understands the Gov't. lies...no matter who is in charge...

Remember...Liars figure and figures lie...and the OFFICIAL announcement of a recession ALWAYS lags by 6-8 months AFTER the fact it has already started...

ps...the personal insults about it being MY business that sucks or me...well I did a survey of 100 other business's...and basically THE same results...

Also remember...the stock market IS NO longer based on fundamentals...but free money...and lack of a place to park money to earn a return...it's TOTALLY dis-jointed from 90% of population...

Dahoss9698
09-21-2012, 08:50 AM
ps...the personal insults about it being MY business that sucks or me...well I did a survey of 100 other business's...and basically THE same results...

I'm interested in this survey of 100 other businesses you did. You say "basically THE (why bold the?) same results."

What does basically mean in regards to the survey you did? Also, what was included in this survey you did?

Thanks in advance.

Valuist
09-21-2012, 09:52 AM
my business is a perfect example....disposable income...and sales have suddenly dropped the last 3 weeks to below 2007 levels...along w/Fedex warning and world-wide shipping way down....the recession IS HERE now!

P.A. and I had many discussions back in 2007/8...when at that time he believed gov't. figures...as did many other's here....now I believe everybody understands the Gov't. lies...no matter who is in charge...

Remember...Liars figure and figures lie...and the OFFICIAL announcement of a recession ALWAYS lags by 6-8 months AFTER the fact it has already started...

Also remember...the stock market IS NO longer based on fundamentals...but free money...and lack of a place to park money to earn a return...it's TOTALLY dis-jointed from 90% of population...

You are absolutely right and its because nothing has been fixed. There was a sugar high from all the QE which jolted the stock market, but Wall Street is no reflection of Main Street. Meanwhile all the MSM wants to do is find fault in every video of Romney. Ironic because one needn't look hard to find faults of the current "leader".

Tom
09-21-2012, 10:28 AM
Recession Hell, we are heading for a deep depression.
the Misery Index is coming back soon, and our chickens are coming home to roost.

Our days in the Sun are about to come to a sad end.

But that is Obama's plan - to change us fundamentally.

acorn54
09-21-2012, 11:41 AM

well i am not skittish about the market. i do not use it to speculate, but only to park my money for the long run of 15 years or so. anyway if you have the right philosophy you are only looking to purchase companies with healthy balance sheets and sound leadership. you are basically then just putting your money into a venture with assets such as machinery, and land, and intellectual property rights and so forth. this is the best hedge against any economic outlook.

sammy the sage
09-21-2012, 09:13 PM
I'm interested in this survey of 100 other businesses you did. You say "basically THE (why bold the?) same results."

What does basically mean in regards to the survey you did? Also, what was included in this survey you did?

Thanks in advance.

I'll take ya seriously for once...you're one of the better BS detector's around...

Wasn't a formal survey...and approx. 1/3 rd were supplier's or competitor's...(needed to make sure we weren't doing anything in house badly)...everybody echo'd the SAME sentiment and /or bad financial horror...

By the way...in the ornamental plant business...

2nd third wwere other business's in other areas...informal...either as customer's or places that I visit..not bashful...I asked owner's...point blank...How's business...and what do you see going forward...

The final 1/3rd...yeah...ya got me there...never actually talked too or surveyed...how-ever...the reason being...in LAST 6 month's...they ALL went OUT of business...whether it was a Salon to a food place to roofing company...ect...fully 30+ OUT...just w/in 25 miles of my place...

On a side note...there ARE some doing EXTREMELY well...pawn shops, health food stores, thrift stores, security systems...but NOT nearly enough to offset what's here/coming quickly...

Well it's a Fri. night and back to something positive...horse capping and a sip or two of Booker's Bourbon...Lady friends have to wait til Sat. night ;)