PDA

View Full Version : Chic-fil-A: changes policy

DJofSD
09-20-2012, 02:41 PM
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/sep/19/chick-fil-a-no-longer-will-fund-traditional-marria/

The Christian-rooted fast food restaurant agreed to stop funding groups such as Focus on the Family that oppose same-sex marriage in a meeting with the Chicago politician who had been blocking the company’s move there. Chick-fil-A wrote a letter to Alderman Joe Moreno affirming this, according to his spokesman, Matt Bailey, but the company initially wouldn’t allow his office to release the letter to the public. Three weeks later they relented.

So is there a level playing field?

Chic-fil-A had a choice: they could either contribute to organizations which support same-sex marriage or stop supporting all orginizations which have an anti-same-sex marriage policy. They decided to withdraw support from those which are opposed to same-sex.

Free to choose? I think not.

TJDave
09-20-2012, 02:53 PM
Free to choose? I think not.

Didn't you just say that CFA had a choice?

Yet you argue that they weren't free to choose.

Which is it?

Tom
09-20-2012, 02:54 PM
I'd call it extortion and I would not bother with Chicago.
Why put a nice restaurant in a crap-hole of city?
Chicago......*spit*

DJofSD
09-20-2012, 03:18 PM
Didn't you just say that CFA had a choice?

Yet you argue that they weren't free to choose.

Which is it?
The choice is no different than when the robber has a gun to your head then tells you give up the combo to the safe or die.

HUSKER55
09-20-2012, 05:22 PM
WHAT ever happened to the idea that a man can build a successful business that reflects his beliefs? No body, and for damn sure, no government has that power.

If you disagree then build one across the street.

TJDave
09-20-2012, 06:57 PM
The choice is no different than when the robber has a gun to your head then tells you give up the combo to the safe or die.

No. I've been there. It's completely different.

More like...No different than surrendering your principles to make money.

But they're still gonna close on Sunday, right? ;)

Tom
09-21-2012, 09:59 AM
Freedom only exists if you agree with the libs.
They have a problem with people who don't agree with their heathen beliefs.