PDA

View Full Version : pirates on verge of 20 straight losing seasons

judd
09-20-2012, 05:24 AM
pirates on verge of 20 straight losing seasons

Stillriledup
09-20-2012, 07:57 AM
Werent they like 20 games over .500 at one point?

rastajenk
09-20-2012, 08:24 AM
Tossed the anchor at the 3/8ths pole. :D

Valuist
09-20-2012, 08:36 AM
They looked for the first half of 2011 like they were a lock to win at least 81 games and then they went into the tank. Looked even better this year but when you are getting your a$$ kicked by a team like the Cubs, you've got problems.

ldiatone
09-20-2012, 11:51 AM
s much for ..........

judd
09-21-2012, 05:08 AM
pirates blow 7-4 lead thurs to lose 9-7 to fall below 500

aug 1st they were 14 games above 500 !!!!!!!:confused::(:sleeping:

ldiatone
09-21-2012, 05:23 PM
pirates blow 7-4 lead thurs to lose 9-7 to fall below 500

aug 1st they were 14 games above 500 !!!!!!!:confused::(:sleeping:
not so fast.....astros and mets coming up. the buccos COULD get well.....or least .500. if this team gets to 80 wins it will be at least a mild success.
pitching and hitting both went south in the last third of the season. while in may-june-july either the pitching was good and hitting bad or vice versa.
it was a nice run while it lasted.... :(

judd
09-22-2012, 08:09 AM
lose fri night to worst team in baseball--houston--now 2 games below 500:(:(:(

ldiatone
09-22-2012, 05:01 PM
welllll i think you might be right judd :( i thought playing HOU and NYM, 2 bad teams, bucs had a chance to at least win 7-8 more games. seems bucs might not win another game :eek: they could lose the rest of the games and be just like last year and the past 19 :bang: :( :blush: :bang: :bang:

Rise Over Run
09-22-2012, 09:42 PM
welllll i think you might be right judd :( i thought playing HOU and NYM, 2 bad teams, bucs had a chance to at least win 7-8 more games. seems bucs might not win another game :eek: they could lose the rest of the games and be just like last year and the past 19 :bang: :( :blush: :bang: :bang:

I feel badly about this! All I heard over the summer was how great a pennant race this was going to be.....

judd
09-22-2012, 10:56 PM
sat night--lose again to worst team in baseball--3 games below 500:eek::sleeping::D:bang::confused:

NJ Stinks
09-23-2012, 01:07 AM
In fact, if you bet the Pirates 'over' in the season win totals, you are cashing your bet.

Just thought somebody should point this out amidst the criticism.

ldiatone
09-23-2012, 08:47 PM
10 to go...can this team win 6 outa 10??? :rolleyes: :eek: :cool:

judd
09-28-2012, 05:15 AM
10 to go...can this team win 6 outa 10??? :rolleyes: :eek: :cool: its all over:D

andtheyreoff
09-28-2012, 09:54 PM
Brutal way to clinch a non-winning season...

Regardless, you have to say this season has been a success for the Bucs. I mean, this is a team that had not seriously contended for almost 15 years, and this year they were still in it with a few weeks to go. Is it dissapointing they will almost inevitably have a losing record this year? Yes. But this season was definitely a step in the right direction. This team showed that they have it in them to play well. If they can find another quality pitcher in the off season and get a little more heart, they'll do pretty well over the next few years.

Go Bucs. :ThmbUp:

ldiatone
09-29-2012, 05:39 PM
well to make it all worse...the team gets NO HIT w/ 6 games remaining.
hurdle should have put Mcdonald in the pen before corriea. watching and listening to most of the games... the colapse stated when the starting pitching could not get past 3-4 innings. AJ at times. thus the bull pen i think was well overworked.
as for the hitting...now get past Mcutch and Jones(both having good years) and whats behind them?? Pedro-when he hits the team had a great chance to win, but a 230 avg and the K's :bang: . that leaves SS C and the pitcher.
the catcher.....do you see his batting AVG? not even his weight. and the SS
chokes when it counts. so the opposeing pitchers "kinda of" pitch around jones and cutch and 4 easy outs are next in the batting order.
we will see next year as a couple of 1st round pitching prospects may help. and this team does need some BATS! Marte could help.
also i think when both walker and marte went on the DL it affected the team

judd
09-29-2012, 05:50 PM
I blame Hurdle, why ?--he was playing rookies like a manager does when players are brought up at the end of the year when the team is way out of it. Hurdle was playing them when they still had chance to make wild-card !!:bang::bang::mad:

ldiatone
09-30-2012, 04:59 PM
any one view high eerrrr...lowlites of todays game? ok bucs blow lead down 4-3 bottom of the 9th. Reds bring in there closer the southpaw from Cuba. Good closer. whats he do.... walks Tabata. first almost gets picked off first.
but then closer throws the ball away down the right field line :jump: tabata takes off ROUNDS second and the 2nd basemen for Reds throws him out at 3rd....by 10 ft :bang: next! another walk and a single :jump: tabata would have tied the game....but no two, outs and games over :bang: :bang: just like the whole season went. but one good thing.....team will not have a 90 games loss :ThmbUp: :jump: :rolleyes: