PDA

View Full Version : Gasper Moschera to resume training in New York

SansuiSC
09-18-2012, 04:57 PM
Just heard on the NYRA Network during Raceday, a discussion between the Mig and Ernie Munick that Gasper has aquired stalls in NY.
I guess he's going to be playing this winter on the inner dirt track.

workable
09-18-2012, 05:11 PM
Iam glad the gasman is making a comeback he was the man in the 80s and 90s

horses4courses
09-18-2012, 05:26 PM
The old touting business must have slacked off.
Then again, he cashed umpteen monster tickets, so I'm surprised he needs to work......... :rolleyes:

davew
09-18-2012, 05:49 PM
The old touting business must have slacked off.
Then again, he cashed umpteen monster tickets, so I'm surprised he needs to work......... :rolleyes:

his rates may go up, with even better backstretch info about trainer shenanigans

offtrack
09-18-2012, 08:36 PM
It will be intertesting for me to see who his owners will be.

jk3521
09-19-2012, 05:44 AM
Did anyone else get his letter besides me on this board? :eek:

judd
09-19-2012, 06:01 AM
Did anyone else get his letter besides me on this board? :eek: i get letters telling me to send money for lock picks:lol::D

speed
09-19-2012, 09:10 AM
i get letters telling me to send money for lock picks:lol::D
Next time you lock the keys in the car don't call AAA, call Gasper. :p

Charli125
09-19-2012, 12:12 PM
i get letters telling me to send money for lock picks:lol::D

I'm shocked, shocked I tell you, that he would get back into training. According to the letters I'm getting, his picks make so much money he should be on the Forbes top 40 list.

jk3521
09-19-2012, 12:38 PM
According to the letter, he will no longer be able to run his tout business once he regains his trainers license, but is offering to supply inside information from his stable and asked whether I would be interested. Just curious whether I am amongst a select group or if it was a general mailing.

johnhannibalsmith
09-19-2012, 12:42 PM
According to the letter, he will no longer be able to run his tout business once he regains his trainers license, but is offering to supply inside information from his stable and asked whether I would be interested. Just curious whether I am amongst a select group or if it was a general mailing.

Ha... what a great way to solicit for owners.

KirisClown
09-19-2012, 12:59 PM
It will be intertesting for me to see who his owners will be.

I wonder if Barbara Davis is still around..

Stillriledup
09-19-2012, 07:59 PM

He really put this in print?

I would think that if a trainer wanted to really supply inside info, he would have to supply info based on PP lines that were not a good indicator of how good the horse might run today. This might be considered a conflict of interest, if he's releasing 'privy' info to bettors, who's to say he won't 'darken' the form on one of his horses one week so that he will be able to say that the horse will be 'much improved' the following week?

Dahoss2002
09-20-2012, 12:29 AM
Holy Crap! I thought I was the only one Gasper confided in :lol:

iwearpurple
09-20-2012, 12:46 AM

I'm insulted that I didn't get this information.

jk3521
09-20-2012, 05:53 AM
Holy Crap! I thought I was the only one Gasper confided in :lol:
Hey, that makes only two of us. We're gonna be rich! :jump: :cool: :p :faint:

Steve 'StatMan'
09-20-2012, 06:08 AM
I'm shocked, shocked I tell you, that he would get back into training. According to the letters I'm getting, his picks make so much money he should be on the Forbes top 40 list.

Gosh, making that much money, he shouldn't train, he should own the horses. Then he wouldn't have to spend so much of his time around horse poop.