PDA

View Full Version : Parx leading trainer and lidocaine

Lancelot10
09-17-2012, 02:00 PM
Can anyone answer this? I am an avid follower of Parx and frequently play Phil Aristones horses, as he does well. Anyway, i was looking at the entries and noticed he didn't have any horses entered in the coming days. But did notice a horse i played last year, and followed this year was entered under a different trainers name. D.Reeder. So when i further investigated saw that all of Phils horse were transferred to this guys name. But why...

Well, i looked on www.thoroughbredrulings.com and saw that on May 21,2012 Awesome Kisses, who won and was dq., tested positive for Lidocaine..... Is it me or isn't that a pretty serious offense?

It seems to me Parx just brushes things under the rug and keeps things hush hush. I mean you go through all that trouble to kick carlos guerrero out only to have his brother start where he left off once they knew the ban was in place...i would love to know what he is using because it obviously isnt carlos's great eye or placement of horses anymore...

Is it me or is this track one of the shadiest tracks out there? Just curious-thats all...

lamboguy
09-17-2012, 02:05 PM
Can anyone answer this? I am an avid follower of Parx and frequently play Phil Aristones horses, as he does well. Anyway, i was looking at the entries and noticed he didn't have any horses entered in the coming days. But did notice a horse i played last year, and followed this year was entered under a different trainers name. D.Reeder. So when i further investigated saw that all of Phils horse were transferred to this guys name. But why...

Well, i looked on www.thoroughbredrulings.com and saw that on May 21,2012 Awesome Kisses, who won and was dq., tested positive for Lidocaine..... Is it me or isn't that a pretty serious offense?

It seems to me Parx just brushes things under the rug and keeps things hush hush. I mean you go through all that trouble to kick carlos guerrero out only to have his brother start where he left off once they knew the ban was in place...i would love to know what he is using because it obviously isnt carlos's great eye or placement of horses anymore...

Is it me or is this track one of the shadiest tracks out there? Just curious-thats all...its no different than any other track other than the test's might differ from other jurisdiction's. but believe this, trainers all over have gimmicks and tricks to get their horses to go these days. these tricks might stay under the radar and might not be illegal, but they are no good for the horse in the long run and no good for the game either.

Robert Fischer
09-17-2012, 05:43 PM
Just curious-thats all...

you have 9 posts, and they are all negative posts about Parx.

do you have an agenda??

cj
09-17-2012, 05:57 PM
you have 9 posts, and they are all negative posts about Parx.

do you have an agenda??

What about his posts do you find disingenuous?

Robert Fischer
09-17-2012, 06:14 PM
What about his posts do you find disingenuous?

They are all bashing Parx racing ??

Lancelot10
09-17-2012, 08:00 PM
Yeah I guess I do have a grievance with them... They have taken a lot of money from me in betting monies and they have NOT MAKING PUBLIC THESE infractions costing me money. So yes, that hits me the wrong way!! Do you think I am going to continue to play a trainer who was hot and then gets a hot test. LET EVERYONE KNOW!!! I will not continue to play and its witholding important information from us- the betting Public. I shouldn't have to go play private eye finding out why someone like aristone put his horses with someone else..

I have been following Parx since it was Keystone and before that Liberty Bell, but it seems like it is becoming more and more corrupt with the advent of the slots.

That is my beef...

Shemp Howard
09-17-2012, 08:12 PM
PA racing sweeps everything under the rug. Same thing happens at Pen.It might happen at Presque Isle as well....after all they let Burton Sipp on the grounds.....but I doubt the 300 people who bet their races really care much.

Shemp Howard
09-17-2012, 08:49 PM

Well, i looked on www.thoroughbredrulings.com (http://www.thoroughbredrulings.com) and saw that on May 21,2012 Awesome Kisses, who won and was dq., tested positive for Lidocaine..... Is it me or isn't that a pretty serious offense?

Is it me or is this track one of the shadiest tracks out there? Just curious-thats all...

He's entered 5 horses on Saturday, PA Derby Day. He's had entries running all month.

PaceAdvantage
09-17-2012, 10:43 PM
He's entered 5 horses on Saturday, PA Derby Day. He's had entries running all month.Yeah, seriously, I just saw this myself.

I believe this thread needs to be removed because it is based on entirely false information (well, the part about this trainer being suspended or having all his horses in someone else's care, which obviously isn't true...the part about his horse testing positive in July IS true...but it's obvious he hasn't been suspended...yet)

PaceAdvantage
09-17-2012, 10:45 PM
So when i further investigated saw that all of Phils horse were transferred to this guys name. But why... What exactly was your investigation process like? Because seeing that he has horses entered on Saturday, either your investigation was wrong, or this guy had one super-short suspension (that apparently went unreported ANYWHERE, which would NOT be normal, even for Parx).

cj
09-17-2012, 11:17 PM
What exactly was your investigation process like? Because seeing that he has horses entered on Saturday, either your investigation was wrong, or this guy had one super-short suspension (that apparently went unreported ANYWHERE, which would NOT be normal, even for Parx).
This shouldn't be that tough. When did a horse last run in his name?

PaceAdvantage
09-17-2012, 11:20 PM
This shouldn't be that tough. When did a horse last run in his name?I don't know.

Why isn't his suspension and/or fine listed in the Jockey Club database? Why is there no news of it on Bloodhorse?

Robert Fischer
09-18-2012, 12:12 AM
This shouldn't be that tough. When did a horse last run in his name?

Aristone last had runners on 9/11 , last tuesday.

Donald Reeder has had just one horse run in the last 4 months - a 45/1 shot LITTLE MISS , a horse that Reeder CLAIMED from Aristone on July 31st. :rolleyes:

cj
09-18-2012, 12:23 AM
I don't know.

Why isn't his suspension and/or fine listed in the Jockey Club database? Why is there no news of it on Bloodhorse?

Nothing would surprise me when it comes to record keeping in this sport. And when it comes to suspensions, even moreso. So, his last horse ran was on the 11th, and no entries until Saturday, the 22nd? That is certainly a possible suspension.

cj
09-18-2012, 12:24 AM
They are all bashing Parx racing ??

Well, yeah, I got that point already. But unless there is something not factual (and maybe there is), being one topic minded isn't a crime. Ask Indolto and usedtolovetvg.

PaceAdvantage
09-18-2012, 02:11 AM
Yeah, seriously, I just saw this myself.

I believe this thread needs to be removed because it is based on entirely false information (well, the part about this trainer being suspended or having all his horses in someone else's care, which obviously isn't true...the part about his horse testing positive in July IS true...but it's obvious he hasn't been suspended...yet)I retract this statement and hereby nominate myself for the "asshole of the day" award...

thaskalos
09-18-2012, 02:23 AM
I retract this statement and hereby nominate myself for the "asshole of the day" award...

I would second this motion, but, considering the events of the last couple days...I am not sure that you would see the humor in it.

So...I wont. :)

lamboguy
09-18-2012, 05:11 AM
Aristone last had runners on 9/11 , last tuesday.

Donald Reeder has had just one horse run in the last 4 months - a 45/1 shot LITTLE MISS , a horse that Reeder CLAIMED from Aristone on July 31st. :rolleyes:Don Reeder is a good man, his horses now run under a trainer by the name of Regina Brennan.

Lancelot10
09-18-2012, 06:51 AM
I apologize if my rants about parx offended.anyone. Im just venting...a friend if mine actually found out arisone did get a 10 day suspension for lidocaine. There are no false accusations. Like i said before, it just upsets me because if they had a lost made public of positives that the public can see our publish it somewhere like drf, bettors liked me can understand why a "hot" trainer would go cold.

Again, I apologize and will not bother anyone anymore with my negative comments.

onefast99
09-18-2012, 09:17 AM
Artisone took a bunch of horses to Florida.

cj
09-18-2012, 09:23 AM
I retract this statement and hereby nominate myself for the "asshole of the day" award...

For this, or altering my signature?

cj
09-18-2012, 09:24 AM
I apologize if my rants about parx offended.anyone. Im just venting...a friend if mine actually found out arisone did get a 10 day suspension for lidocaine. There are no false accusations. Like i said before, it just upsets me because if they had a lost made public of positives that the public can see our publish it somewhere like drf, bettors liked me can understand why a "hot" trainer would go cold.

Again, I apologize and will not bother anyone anymore with my negative comments.

There was nothing wrong with your post.

castaway01
09-18-2012, 09:26 AM

What I'm about to write has nothing to do with integrity, the right thing, etc., and nothing to do with how Parx reveals medication violations. And of course we'd all be better off if there was a website with a big list of all trainers who recently had drug violations (and that would be a big list).

However...

If YOU know how to play detective and find the information that most of the general public doesn't know or care about, such as a trainer's horse testing positive, it may give you a decided advantage. For example, when there was the more-publicized coverage of shady goings-on in the Ziadie barn earlier in the summer (the "Cheaters Prosper at Calder" article), just like magic, his first-off-the-claims started losing at short prices. Coincidence? To me, it doesn't matter, but I know not to bet them and most other people don't.

So...

Purely from a betting standpoint, you should realize the financial benefits of playing detective and hope the information never becomes publicized.

Robert Fischer
09-18-2012, 09:52 AM
There was nothing wrong with your post.

except for the fact that it was B.S.

Which one of Aristone's horses has run back since 9/11???

Which horses did he see that Don Reeder has taken over as the named trainer ???

REEDER HAS HAD 1 HORSE RUN IN THE LAST 4 MONTHS AND IT WAS NOT FOR ARISTONE.

cj
09-18-2012, 09:55 AM

Yes, but he was suspended, so the important part was right. Maybe you should apply for a moderator position.

PaceAdvantage
09-18-2012, 09:59 AM
For this, or altering my signature?The latter of course

Dahoss9698
09-18-2012, 10:44 AM

Oh, the irony.

speed
09-18-2012, 11:04 AM

Parx Monday Reeder had one from Aristone.

cj
09-18-2012, 11:09 AM
Parx Monday Reeder had one from Aristone.

Sure did, and it wasn't a claim. It looks to me like those trying to poop on the initial post are the ones that were off base here.

reckless
09-18-2012, 11:32 PM
Yes, Don Reeder has not been running many horses of late. There are two good reasons for this:

(1) he has been battling serious health issues these past few years and as a result, lost more than a few of his owners;

(2) for many years, Reeder privately purchased horses on cheap from large Southern California-based outfits and successfully raced them at Phila. Park. He bought these 'culls' from the likes of Bob Baffert, Jack Van Berg, and Paul Assinini to name just a few. These horses simply didn't have the goods for these major outfits but found a home at Phila. Park.

That all ended when Assinini --Reeder's de-facto agent-- left the racing business; Van Berg had his own share of lost owner problems, and Baffert got tired of seeing a lot of his own runners regularly win-- even though it was 3,000 miles away from Santa Anita and those horses ran for $10,000 or less. These good sources of horseflesh simply dried up at once.

Regina Brennan has been with Reeder for ages and now most of their horses race under her name. At Phila. Park, a trainer is eligible to receive some health insurance and retirement benefits if he/she saddles a minimum amount of horses and starts in a single year. Sorry, guys, but I don't know the exact number but 25-30 starts a year sounds right to me. Just not sure. You just might see his name in the entries more often as the year winds down.

Reeder started in the business working for the legendary Marion Van Berg and Jack Van Berg when they ran their national racing program. I think it was in Detroit. Don later became a foreman and assistant while Jack flew around the country tending to the satellite stables . Reeder told me once that Marion Van Berg was at the barn every day and knew every claiming horse in the country!

When Marion died, and Jack went West, Reeder hooked up with the great Dennis (Goose) Heimer, and they came east to Liberty Bell from Nebraska in the early 1970s. When Goose Heimer died in late Sept. 1989 Reeder got many of those horses (Ned Allard got the rest, for all you historians out there :) )

When Reeder was in his early 20s he was the National Rodeo Champion while developing a legendary rodeo legacy. He's now in his early 60s. Sorry for such a long post.