PDA

View Full Version : They don't even try to hide it anymore

ArlJim78
09-16-2012, 12:26 PM
CNN "Reporter" Sends Obama Donation Request Form to Twitter Followers

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2012/09/16/cnn-political-report-sends-obama-donation-link-twitter-followers#ixzz26eP4w600

ElKabong
09-16-2012, 12:45 PM
CNN is going to condemn this action & suspend the reporter until the election is over, right? (sarcasm meter goes TILT)

Dan Rather opened the door I guess. No need to cover objectively....Hell, just put it out there that you're angling to manipulate voters

Saratoga_Mike
09-16-2012, 12:47 PM
I assume he will be fired???

TJDave
09-16-2012, 01:38 PM
I'm amused anyone would think that fair & balanced is, ever was, or should be the norm for reporting. Reporters and/or their employers have always been biased. That the news media has undue influence over politics is directly related to the supreme stupidity of the electorate.

ArlJim78
09-16-2012, 01:52 PM
Dave I can't believe that you see no difference in the blatent bias now versus let's say 20-30 years ago. sure no person is completely unbiased and they've always been biased, we know all that. But they used to put that aside to an extent and attempt to REPORT news, not shape opinion.

and how can you say that unbiased reporting should not be the norm?
journalists code of ethics says that should be the norm.
I also thought that is what people wanted more than anything else from a news organization.

Saratoga_Mike
09-16-2012, 02:00 PM
Dave I can't believe that you see no difference in the blatent bias now versus let's say 20-30 years ago. sure no person is completely unbiased and they've always been biased, we know all that. But they used to put that aside to an extent and attempt to REPORT news, not shape opinion.

and how can you say that unbiased reporting should not be the norm?
journalists code of ethics says that should be the norm.
I also thought that is what people wanted more than anything else from a news organization.

Weren't liberals outraged in 2004 when Carl Cameron made the comments about John Kerry? Isn't this worse? We have a reporter urging (strongly suggesting, at very least) Tweeter followers to make donations to Obama. I'm sure TJ would be fine if a Fox reporter did the same for Romney. :rolleyes:

TJDave
09-16-2012, 02:58 PM
Dave I can't believe that you see no difference in the blatent bias now versus let's say 20-30 years ago.

Of course I can see the difference but it's only because of competition. Before the internet & cable news organizations were self policing (joke). 20-30-50 years ago it was worse...except nobody knew.

Tom
09-16-2012, 03:26 PM
In all fairness, CNN is not a news organization.