PDA

View Full Version : Belmont, Sunday, September 16

Teach
09-16-2012, 11:59 AM
Race One:

I’m going to try to beat “the logical” here. My pick is #8 Thicker Than Water. You know what they say… Well this bay filly went for 250K at the Keeneland yearling sales. I like the blood lines, e.g. Speightstown, Gone West, etc. At first asking? Maybe. Admittedly, I’m looking for some value. Joel Rosario for Rick Dutrow.

#6 Ruby Lips

is “the logical.” The filly drew the rail at “The Spa” and had to angle out. She finished second at 4-1. Any slight improvement. Trainer Rick Dutrow is good with second-time starters. Solid recent works. Ramon Dominguez for Rick Dutrow.

#7 Winning Scoop

is another longshot try. Solid morning works. This A.P. Indy-bred filly could be a factor at first asking. Jose Lezcano for Bill Mott.

#5 Merry Meadow

was inside in last and faded to third in her only start at Saratoga. The Hennessy-bred distaffer should benefit from her only start over the racetrack. Rajiv Maragh for Mark Hennig.

Race Two:

#3 I’m a big fan of the turf-to-dirt angle. #3 Copper Bluff did little in her debut on the lawn, but now, back on the main track. Voila! I’m willing to take a chance. The filly is taking a class drop. Irad Ortiz, Jr. for Leah Gyarmati.

#1 Uncaged Heart

is “The Logical”. It’s just that I’m a value player. Although this filly deserves the action she’s going to take, I find it hard to bet on even-money shots, especially as a second-time starter who finished fourtbin her last, albeit on a muddy track. That said. I’m glad I got that off my chest. Cornelio Velasquez for Ralph Nicks.

#7 Read The Personals

gets a rider change to Chuck Lopez. The filly finished up the track in her only race at “The Spa”. The Smoke Glacken-bred filly deserves another look on a dry main-track surface. Gary Gullo trains.

#2 Star Black

finished third in her only start. She might just be able to earn a minor award. The Kingmambo-bred filly is stepping up in the claiming ranks. Abel Lezcano for Randi Persaud.

Race Three:

#2 Truetap

gets my nod. I’ve been waiting fort this Pulpit-bred colt to fire…”for the longest time.” The colt is the class. He’s faced much better. He’s been dropping faster than “Love On An Elevator” (Thank you, Aerosmith). Is today the day? I think if he’s going to win, it’ll be at this level in this company. Juliem Leparoux for Steve Asmussen.

#1 Charlie’s Quest

won last time in allowance company at PRX. Any reprise of that effort would put this Seeking The Gold-bred gelding right there. Alan Garcia for Rick Dutrow.

#4 Personal Strike

was fifth in allowance company in his last at PRX in late July. The Mr. Prospector-bred colt has hit the tote in two of four lifetime tries. Ramon Dominguez for Rick Dutrow.

#3 Political Justice

is seven for 12 in the money lifetime. The Unbridled’s Song-bred colt won his last in a race taken off the turf and run on the main track. It was a lower chaiming-tag level. Irad Ortiz, Jr. for Rene Araya.

Race Four:

#1 Rodinia

keeps drop down in the claiming ranks after competing in allowance turf company in late spring. This Storm Cat-bred filly appears to be in a spot in this 15K claiming company that she should be able to handle this field. Irad Ortiz, Jr. for Christophe Clement.

#6 Centrique looks like the major danger. The A.P. Indy-bred filly was second in her last in the slop against somewhat better company. The filly has hit the tote in three of four tries at the duistance. Ramon Dominguez for John Parisella.

#5 Harmony Hills

did not run her race against somewhat better in a sprint in early September at Saratoga. The Broad Brush-bred filly stretches out; she should find this company to her liking. Alan Garcia for Rudy Rodriguez.

#3 Katy’s Office Girl

rallied to finish fifth in a turf route at “The Spa” in late August. The Bertrando-bred filly now switches to the main track. Although the filly has only one win in 30 tries, should might just hit the tote an improve an exotic play. Omar Hernandez for Ed Barker.

Race Five:

#12 Pleasant Cat gets my tepid nod in this turf route. The Storm Cat-bred filly finished a closing fourth in MSW company in her only start. Irad Ortiz, Jr. for trainer Tom Bush.

#4 Gustavia

is the major danger. The A.P. Indy-bred filly was a fast-closing second in mSW company in her last, that despite being bumped at the break. Any slight improvement… Jose Lezcano for Chad Brown.

#11 Caroline Thomas

could be a factor at first asking. Solid turf pedigree. Top-notch jockey: Javier Castellano. Decent morning works. Might add value to a gimmick. Barclay Tagg trains.

#7 Wine Burglar

is another first-timer. The Kris S.-bred filly can surprise if she takes to the lawn at first asking. Eddie Castro for Bob Hess, Jr.

Race Six:

#11 Clever Spirit

gets my nod in a wide-open maiden turf route. The Unbridled-bred filly was third in her last at this distance. She’s hit the tote in her last three. Wilmer Garcia for Rodrigo Ubillo.

#4 Yes It’s Pink looks like the major danger. The Carson City-bred filly was second in her last; she was in tight and had to check in that one. A cxlean trip would put her in the thick of things. Julien Leparoux for Christophe Clement.

#1 Jenny’s Creek

was third in her last in this kind of company. The filly’s had some solid morning works. She fits well and could surprise. Mike Luzzi for Carlos Martin.

#7 Flirtatious Spring

had admittedly not shown much. She has one third in five lifetime starts. Yes, she’s tried the lawn three times and hasn’t hit the tote. Yet, shhe competed against this kind of company. The lightly raced Storm Cat-bred filly might surprise. Cornelio Velasquez for Linda Rice.

I’ll be back later with my Late Pick-4 selections.

Teach
09-16-2012, 03:44 PM
Late Pick-4:

Race Seven:

:1: -:11: -:4: -:10:

Race Eight:

:2: -:10: -:11: -:9:

Race Nine:

:1: -:7: -:3: -:2:

Race Ten:

:9: -:10: -:5: -:1: