PDA

View Full Version : Shocking report from Celente

so.cal.fan
09-16-2012, 09:26 AM
Very troubling to listen to:
http://www.prisonplanet.com/gerald-celente-criminal-banksters-launching-new-world-war.html

Someone tell us it's not this bad?????? :eek:

PaceAdvantage
09-16-2012, 11:07 AM
Love this Gerald Celente guy...love his old-school NY accent...love the part where he talks about Obama being picked up by the pizza guy...

In fact, I like pretty much everything this Celente guy says...

PaceAdvantage
09-16-2012, 11:31 AM
But then again, it IS Alex Jones...he's one of those guys who might be right EVENTUALLY...but usually, he's wrong:

bxt_bEDdTTc

thaskalos
09-16-2012, 12:06 PM
Love this Gerald Celente guy...love his old-school NY accent...love the part where he talks about Obama being picked up by the pizza guy...

In fact, I like pretty much everything this Celente guy says...

"Can't you hear the war drums beating?"

We can indeed...:ThmbDown:

People have been saying this for years and years...but who listens?

The mega-corporations and the banking institutions rule this world...and, when all else fails...they go looking for the next "monster dictator" and start beating the "war drums"...so they can distract us for a while longer, as they stick their hands deeper into our pockets.

Dave Schwartz
09-16-2012, 02:26 PM
Do I think this could be true? Absolutely. But...

Here is the thing...

If the bankers are as powerful as he says, there cannot be a meltdown as predicted because that would not be in the bankers' best interests. In other words, they would simply take more steps to keep society going.

thaskalos
09-16-2012, 02:41 PM
Do I think this could be true? Absolutely. But...

Here is the thing...

If the bankers are as powerful as he says, there cannot be a meltdown as predicted because that would not be in the bankers' best interests. In other words, they would simply take more steps to keep society going.

That's what they are currently doing...but for how long can they keep it up?

Paying us no interest on our money is one thing; there have been reports of them proposing that WE pay THEM a fee...in order to keep our money safe in a bank.

lamboguy
09-16-2012, 02:41 PM
"Can't you hear the war drums beating?"

We can indeed...:ThmbDown:

People have been saying this for years and years...but who listens?

The mega-corporations and the banking institutions rule this world...and, when all else fails...they go looking for the next "monster dictator" and start beating the "war drums"...so they can distract us for a while longer, as they stick their hands deeper into our pockets.IRAN has gone to far this time, there are 20 country's ready willing and prepared to blow them up and make them a memory. those country's are not going to allow them to control the STRAIT OF HORMUZ. throw in a president that wants to get re-elected and you have a very possible war soon.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/iran/9545597/Armada-of-British-naval-power-massing-in-the-Gulf-as-Israel-prepares-an-Iran-strike.html

so.cal.fan
09-16-2012, 02:46 PM
That is what I was thinking too, Dave, but the friend who sent me this link believes that this "new world order" group is in favor of reducing the world population.
They refer to the non productive masses, including seniors as "useless eaters".
This could be true, but I sure hope not.

His comments about the war drums beating and the quotes from Dwight Eisenhower are very real. They are likely.

Just found this in regards to beating the war drums.....
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/iran/9545597/Armada-of-British-naval-power-massing-in-the-Gulf-as-Israel-prepares-an-Iran-strike.html
:eek:

ElKabong
09-16-2012, 03:06 PM
SCF,

Whoever sent that link directly above this post, I agree.

Going to be interesting to see what US' role will be

so.cal.fan
09-16-2012, 04:04 PM
Yes, El K. I remember you have been worried about this for the last few weeks. Your predictions are much more accurate than Alex Jones.
I think this is very bad, this war buildup. Very bad.

PaceAdvantage
09-16-2012, 07:05 PM
Why does my gut tell me once again we are overestimating the military capability of a Middle Eastern nation? Is Iran really that imposing of a military force?

I remember before the first Gulf War the guest my professor brought in for my course on Vietnam...telling us all how formidable Iraq's military was and how this was going to be so much more worse than Vietnam for the US.

He couldn't have been more wrong.

thaskalos
09-16-2012, 07:20 PM
Why does my gut tell me once again we are overestimating the military capability of a Middle Eastern nation? Is Iran really that imposing of a military force?

I remember before the first Gulf War the guest my professor brought in for my course on Vietnam...telling us all how formidable Iraq's military was and how this was going to be so much more worse than Vietnam for the US.

He couldn't have been more wrong.

Correct me if I am wrong...but isn"t this "Intelligence", who is now telling us about Iran's nuclear capabilities, the same one who convinced us about Iraq's weapons of mass destruction?

What a crazy place this world of ours is turning out to be...

so.cal.fan
09-17-2012, 12:40 PM
PA...you are truly a voice of reason on this blog!
I share you instincts, and there is a lot of proof that you are right.

You posted the facts about Prison Planet's Alex Jones....this man is wrong more than he is right, so I dismiss most of what he is saying, after reading comments on this board and listening to my favorite economist "Mike in East Texas" who is on Charley Jones Overnight, I suspect we are in for some very long periods of stagflation combined with facing a Value Added Tax next year or the year after.
This of course is not good. Our economy is not going to improve, even though comodities will be inflated.

This is why I hope President Obama doesn't get re-elected. His policies won't effect most of us on this board, financially, because I'm pretty sure most of us are well off, either by employment or a large retirement fund.
What I do fear is that the poor people will be hurt. Very much. Jobs will not improve, wages will not improve, gas and food will go up.
Obama will hurt the very people who will vote for him, out of their naivete.
Donald Trump made a comment after Bernacke's decision to do QE3
"this will help people like me".

It will not hurt people like us in the wallet that much, although our taxes will go up, but if we have cash.......we will be able to buy oil and food at inflated prices, but we'll be able to buy lots of other things that wil be deflated prices.

I would like to thank all the thoughtful posters on our PA board, but especially my dear friend El Kabong, a very smart business man and expert gambler. He has been yet another voice of reason on these issues.

I've always believed that horse race handicappers are some of the smartest people I know. I have believed this for many years.

So cheer up, guys, we'll be okay. However, please pray for our less fortunate citizens, there will be about 25% of our fellow Americans who will not be doing well.

thaskalos
09-17-2012, 01:51 PM
So cheer up, guys, we'll be okay. However, please pray for our less fortunate citizens, there will be about 25% of our fellow Americans who will not be doing well.

I hope that you are right...but your view seems very optimistic, IMO.

I would hazard to guess that "about 25% of our fellow Americans", do not "do well" even in PROSPEROUS economic times.

These are very dangerous waters we find ourselves in...and many more than 25% of our citizens are in harm's way.

Tom
09-17-2012, 02:01 PM
I'll defer to Netanyahu on matters of Middle East. I am quite sure he attends his security briefings, and he is, after all, a real leader.

If he says it is time to take out Iran's nuclear capabilities, I will trust him and go along with him, over anything that comes out of the Obama nuthouse.

We need to know when to take a back seat to those who are better prepared to handle situations than we are ( that list is getting longer every day.)

Robert Goren
09-17-2012, 02:12 PM

He couldn't have been more wrong. Actually he was very close to being right. We beat the Iraqi army in a month, but somehow like Vietnam, the war went on for years. It is not enough to beat their army, you must get the people to accept defeat. That is not as easy as beating their army.

PaceAdvantage
09-17-2012, 02:14 PM
Actually he was very close to being right. We beat the Iraqi army in a month, but somehow like Vietnam, the war went on for years. It is not enough to beat their army, you must get the people to accept defeat. That is not as easy as beating their army.I was specifically talking about the first gulf war, which did not go on for years.

I took that course starting in September 1990.

There was much talk back then about how strong the Iraqi armed forces were, and how it wasn't going to be easy for the coalition forces.

Dave Schwartz
09-17-2012, 02:22 PM
You posted the facts about Prison Planet's Alex Jones....this man is wrong more than he is right, so I dismiss most of what he is saying, after reading comments on this board and listening to my favorite economist "Mike in East Texas" who is on Charley Jones Overnight, I suspect we are in for some very long periods of stagflation combined with facing a Value Added Tax next year or the year after.
This of course is not good. Our economy is not going to improve, even though comodities will be inflated.

SCF,

I suggest that there is another way to look at this perceived threat (as well as others): Ask yourself, "What can I really do ABOUT IT?" The answer will likely be "nothing."

Then ask yourself, "What should I do to protect (or advance) myself?" That would be the answer that matters to you.

Potential answers are (but not limited to):

* arm yourself
* buy gold and/or silver
* short the dollar
* develop an emergency plan
* say goodbye to friends and family

My point is that worrying over this sort of stuff will just shorten your life expectancy and make the time you have a lot less enjoyable. Instead, we should do something WE SEE as practical.

Just my opinion.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

Robert Goren
09-17-2012, 02:36 PM
I was specifically talking about the first gulf war, which did not go on for years.

I took that course starting in September 1990.

There was much talk back then about how strong the Iraqi armed forces were, and how it wasn't going to be easy for the coalition forces.you are right, we quickly pushed the Iraqi forces from Kuwait. In his greatest moment, Bush 41 decide not to go in Iraq and avoided what his son did not. I have nothing but respect for Bush 41's handling of the first Gulf War. None of the mid east countries have much of an army. we can easily defeat any or all of them in no time. Getting their peoples to accept defeat is another story.

PaceAdvantage
09-17-2012, 02:37 PM
Seriously, what the hell is buying gold going to really do for you?

If you're banking on the planet going to shit, then gold isn't going to do you any good, UNLESS you store it somewhere yourself and you have the means to melt it down and cut it up into little coins...or you buy gold coins...or whatever...you get my point.

If you buy gold now and the economy improves, you're going to lose money.

If you buy gold now and the economy goes south but the world doesn't implode, you'll make money, assuming you sell it.

If you buy gold now and the world more or less ends, you're ****ed no matter what. Under that scenario, guns and ammo would be a more worthwhile investment than gold IMO, unless you have the means to store and process said gold...but even then, who really knows what will be valuable and what won't? If the world essentially ends, food, water, coffee, alcohol and cigarettes are going to be a lot more valuable than gold.

Oh, and don't forget toilet paper... :lol:

johnhannibalsmith
09-17-2012, 02:52 PM

If you're banking on the planet going to shit, then gold isn't going to do you any good, UNLESS you store it somewhere yourself and you have the means to melt it down and cut it up into little coins...or you buy gold coins...or whatever...you get my point.

If you buy gold now and the economy goes south but the world doesn't implode, you'll make money, assuming you sell it.

If you buy gold now and the world more or less ends, you're ****ed no matter what. Under that scenario, guns and ammo would be a more worthwhile investment than gold IMO, unless you have the means to store and process said gold...but even then, who really knows what will be valuable and what won't? If the world essentially ends, food, water, coffee, alcohol and cigarettes are going to be a lot more valuable than gold.

I've always sort of had this perspective. I have no faith in the dollar per se - I also don't have enough of them to worry much anyway - but what am I going to do with gold that makes it so preferrable in many of these disaster scenarios? I understand that it has an intrinsic value like most precious metals and gems that isn't the case with currency - but the way our world has changed - someone would probably just make possession of gold illegal (if you lived long enough to not have it stolen) or some such thing if everything else went to hell and such metals were the only currency of any value and were in the hands of a small group.

Like you said, I want potato chips and powdered Kool-Aid for sustenance, cigarettes for pleasure, and horses for transportation. And probably a vial of cyanide.

TJDave
09-17-2012, 02:54 PM
Actually he was very close to being right. We beat the Iraqi army in a month, but somehow like Vietnam, the war went on for years. It is not enough to beat their army, you must get the people to accept defeat. That is not as easy as beating their army.

War is traditionally ended with a 'document of surrender'. We haven't seen one since 1945.

Dave Schwartz
09-17-2012, 02:55 PM
Gold: I get it. However, if there is a melt down, you need something that is durable and relatively compact. (Yes, weight IS an issue.)

Personally, I might horde bullets for my AR-15 first.

Someone told me once that his "survival kit" included a large surplus of items that he could buy/store cheaply/easily and that he was constantly adding to that store when he found a new idea. At the top of his list were:

bullets
fish hooks
plant seeds
fabric and thread

He said that these commodities would become very valuable if there was a collapse of society.

Jeff P
09-17-2012, 03:54 PM
bullets
fish hooks
plant seeds
fabric and thread

Size 16 Mustad fine wire dry fly:
http://www.flyfishingnetwork.com/FlyBuy/FlyBuyMustad.html

(Now, we're talking.)

Dave, your friend is exactly right. Odd as it may sound, if it all goes to shit - as long as I have some size 16 dry fly hooks, some 7x leader material, a few feathers or some dog hair, some super glue, and a few spools of thread - at the very least I should be able to feed myself and those close to me.

-jp

lamboguy
09-17-2012, 03:55 PM
why all these gloom and doomers? gold has nothing to do with the economy, its just a measure of wealth. gold is a thing of beauty.

i got interested in gold when George Bush was elected president. i bought a $20 gold piece. i had a girlfriend back then that just had a haircut, she said she paid $300 for her haircut. i had just paid $300 for this $20 gold st. gauden gold piece. i looked at her and then looked at my coin and knew right then and their that it was time to buy gold coins.

gold has quintupled in price since then and this country is still standing, people are still buying and selling horses, going to stores, going on vacations and eating our in restaurants, and life remains pretty normal.

don't let anyone tell you that the gold price going up means we are close to the end of the world. if you are an investor, you want to invest in things that are rare and in demand, that is precisely what makes good investments. gold fits that criteria to a big T. some people like to trade futures contracts and stocks, i like to own gold. the feel and look of those gold coins turn me on more than future contracts. to each his own!

happy jewish new year

Robert Goren
09-17-2012, 03:59 PM
forget about gold. Join a large group with a lot of guns and ammo. There is not enough guns and ammo One man alone can not collect enough that will hold off a large group of men with a lot of guns and ammo. all the gold in the world will not matter if it comes down to a survival world.

Valuist
09-17-2012, 04:13 PM

If Obama is re-elected you will see a $2500 spot price on gold during his administration. And it isn't just us w/bad monetary policy. Look at the Euro Zone.

lamboguy
09-17-2012, 04:44 PM
i have the gold going to about $5000 if Romney wins. real conservitives believe that this country should be on the gold standard.

elysiantraveller
09-17-2012, 05:47 PM
War is traditionally ended with a 'document of surrender'. We haven't seen one since 1945.

There is no one on the other side to sign it when your goal is "democratization".... :lol:

Don't forget the old Neo-Conservative declaration that "democracies don't fight each other..."

:lol:

ElKabong
09-17-2012, 08:12 PM
SCF,

I suggest that there is another way to look at this perceived threat (as well as others): Ask yourself, "What can I really do ABOUT IT?" The answer will likely be "nothing."

answer> Hope other people follow your line of thinking...., meanwhile, those pre-planning will take money out and invest in something that won't devalue.

Then ask yourself, "What should I do to protect (or advance) myself?" That would be the answer that matters to you.

Then laugh at folks sitting on the edge of a bridge with a bamboo pole and a bobble in the water. :)

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

BlueShoe
09-18-2012, 12:10 AM
Someone told me once that his "survival kit" included a large surplus of items that he could buy/store cheaply/easily and that he was constantly adding to that store when he found a new idea. At the top of his list were:

bullets
fish hooks
plant seeds
fabric and thread

He said that these commodities would become very valuable if there was a collapse of society.
Another item I might consider adding, cigarettes. A hundred cartons or so could make you prosperous. While I have not smoked one since 1968 and cannot stand to be around them, do see their practicality. Small and portable, packs of them or even individual smokes could be a very tradable item, since with roughly 20% of the adult population smoking and no new cigarettes imported or manufactured, the darn things perhaps would sell or trade for many multiples of their original cost.

elysiantraveller
09-18-2012, 12:29 AM

Antibiotics would carry the highest premium.

Firepower and mobility your greatest assets. Gold would be absolutely worthless in a SHTF scenario...

Wiley
09-18-2012, 09:25 AM
Saw this article in Outside on "Preppers" and this guy will set you up with all you need before it hits the fan. All for a large fee of course.

From the article,
One guy says sugar will be one of the new currencies and animal antibiotics can be bought on line for human use, "if a fish can take it so can you".
http://www.outsideonline.com/outdoor-adventure/outdoor-skills/survival/Boom-Times-20120801.html?page=all

johnhannibalsmith
09-18-2012, 10:37 AM
..."if a fish can take it so can you".

I had a dentist almost smack me when I told him that I went to the fish store for amoxicillin a few years back.

Tom
09-18-2012, 10:45 AM
Buy goldfish.
Worse case, you eat them, best case, you spend them.