PDA

View Full Version : Under Obummer US go's from Triple A+ to Double A-

OntheRail
09-15-2012, 09:23 PM
With all the other hoopla going on this week... seems this little Obama milestone has fell thru the cracks. Two downgrade in less the 45 month. Way to turn the Economy around. :ThmbDown:

http://articles.marketwatch.com/2012-09-14/markets/33836819_1_downgrades-qe3-interest-rates

elysiantraveller
09-15-2012, 09:32 PM
With all the other hoopla going on this week... seems this little Obama milestone has fell thru the cracks. Two downgrade in less the 45 month. Way to turn the Economy around. :ThmbDown:

http://articles.marketwatch.com/2012-09-14/markets/33836819_1_downgrades-qe3-interest-rates

Its not two grades down. A different rating agency downgraded the U.S.

ElKabong
09-15-2012, 10:10 PM
Didn't he "inherit" a AAA rating?

pandy
09-15-2012, 10:18 PM
QE3 is a disgrace. The government is not doing its job to fix the economy, so they print more money. The more paper the Fed buys from the banks the worse things will get for middle and low income families as the price of oil and other commodities go up, interest rates on savings go down, and the rich get richer in the stock market. What a sham.

ElKabong
09-15-2012, 10:22 PM
QE3 is a disgrace. ....... The more paper the Fed buys from the banks the worse things will get for middle and low income families as the price of oil and other commodities go up, interest rates on savings go down, and the rich get richer in the stock market. What a sham.

Exactly.

How long until the shit hits the fan & the really big collapse begins? 5 years? 8 years? I really don't see a way to recovery now that Bernanke has pulled this trigger

PaceAdvantage
09-15-2012, 10:23 PM
Exactly.

How long until the shit hits the fan & the really big collapse begins? 5 years? 8 years? I really don't see a way to recovery now that Bernanke has pulled this triggerSome say it's coming in 2013.

ElKabong
09-15-2012, 10:31 PM
Yeah I've heard that too, but I think enough morphine will be injected via QE3 to stave things off for awhile. Maybe 2-5 yrs depending on the economy and if it can rebound

And if it does rebound, what does inflation do to the debt servicing?

We had a chance 4 yrs ago to make this right. "Fix it". That chance has gone. I'm sure hcap and others will ride in with graphs and comments about Mccain not doing any better if elected etc..That doesn't matter. The guy we elected didn't do anything but throw gas on the fire

Speaking of gas....if the m.e. mess maintains momentum expect it to go up.....That hurts business and family's pocketbooks. The price of non leadership are being felt bigtime in more ways than one

pandy
09-15-2012, 10:32 PM
Low interest rates were one of the reasons why we had the real estate bubble. They never seem to learn from their mistakes.

OntheRail
09-15-2012, 11:17 PM
Its not two grades down. A different rating agency downgraded the U.S.
No it's another downgrade... Egan Jones, who downgraded the US for the first time ever last July, two weeks ahead of S&P: They moved it from AAA to AA. Now after QE3 they moved it to AA-. This is the same rating agency that downgraded Enron long before it started to sink and warned about banks and the bogus mortgage backed security BS.

We have a brick on the throttle and the Captain has left the wheelhouse for a beer. With Egan Jone in the crows-nest yelling iceberg dead ahead.

Valuist
09-16-2012, 11:07 AM
Some say it's coming in 2013.

That's what I've been hearing. Europe has its problems. China has slowed down considerably. And if China slows down, so does Australia, Brazil and Canada. And needless to say, our problems here haven't been solved. 2013 is going to be rough for the world economy.